Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 minute ago, twa said:

Ya'll kept calling for them to be more open to other ideas and less moralistic.

See what ya did? :kickcan:

You may be right.

They don't even really try to hide the fact that they are lying these days. Heck, they Trump-et out terms like Alternative facts and the GOP base cheers along with them. They are basically begging to be lied to. The average Republican acts like a three year old in bed asking for a comforting story to shield them from night terrors. "Lie to me, Mommy. Tell me everything's going to be okay. Tell me the house will stop burning on its own and the gasoline you poured on me won't make it hurt worse!"

Other important tidbit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/862722954513309696

Don't be surprised if Comey DID tell Trump he WASN'T a target. Why? He likely isn't—YET. So Comey could honestly say "no." It means nothing.

(2) Target lists change over time. The FBI investigation is now focused on Flynn. Once they have Flynn, they can see if they also get Trump.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, twa said:

Or if they can't get Flynn......

You would think after all these months something,maybe the new guy will have better luck.

I feel like Flynn has already been gotten.  And taking down a NSA is no small feat. Page will be the one who squeals.

Add:  Plus at this point they may not even have to prove Trump had any direct ties to Russia. It's always the cover up...

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, twa said:

Or if they can't get Flynn......

You would think after all these months something,maybe the new guy will have better luck.

Maybe in a few more years we can find something in those Benghazi email foundation servers.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2

Just now, RedskinsFan44 said:

I feel like Flynn has already been gotten.  And taking down a NSA is no small feat. Page will be the one who squeals.

Gotten in a political sense differs from the FBI's gotten.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Maybe in a few more years we can find something in those emails.

We found a lot in those e-mails(those that were not withheld and such)

Are you saying they will find Flynn too ignorant and incompetent to prosecute as well? 

5 minutes ago, twa said:

We found a lot in those e-mails(those that were not withheld and such)

Are you saying they will find Flynn too ignorant and incompetent to prosecute as well? 

I'm saying its more transparent silliness to have different expectations for timelines into investigations and the results thereof based on whether the person being investigated happens to belong to the same political party as you.

its odd to me to that some people (in any venue) keep acting like the length of time this broad, multi-element, investigation has been going on is somehow indicative that nothing's there.... hard for me to get it as anything other than a willful ignoring of even recent history and all the expert testimony saying it could go on for many more months ......two years plus wouldn't be unusual .......who just held their epic benghazi marathon?....and this (and Watergate spanning years) keeps getting pointed out and "everyone" knows it, but the conservatives still keep tossing the line out like it's so solid when it only takes a pretty modest intellect to see it's so weak....but that odd little mental loop continues...numerous fbi cases (inc. politically centered ones) have taken years to complete...but it's s dumb road to go down...apples to apples and each situation should be considered open until it's not...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'm saying its more transparent silliness to have different expectations for timelines into investigations and the results thereof based on whether the person being investigated happens to belong to the same political party as you.

The FBI investigation did not last years, despite State slow walking and the later Wiener addition.

Congress on the other hand certainly took years and is still going.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How about that George W Bush email investigation? That one still going on?

The DNC is still on it, soon as they get their servers back up :)

48 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How about that George W Bush email investigation? That one still going on? How about the everyone else who did the same thing email investigation?

numerous fbi cases (inc. politically centered ones) have taken years to complete...but it's just a dumb road to go down...too much apples to oranges and each situation should be considered open until it's not with no inferences of time = guilt or innocence attached......

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

numerous fbi cases (inc. politically centered ones) have taken years to complete...but it's just a dumb road to go down...too much apples to oranges and each situation should be considered open until it's not with no inferences of time = guilt or innocence attached......

Which is why you never say anything, ever, which was and still is my biggest issue with Comey. He never needed to "announce" anything.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Which is why you never say anything, ever, which was and still is my biggest issue with Comey. He never needed to "announce" anything.

well, the lynch/clinton  deal was ridiculous and bad even if the server case wasn't discussed (i am open to the possibility it wasn't, but i'd consider it more likely it was) and any resulting damage was earned....

but i agree that comey went off the rails from the get-go with his rationale...he should have just let chaffetz and other gopers go off on the dems in retaliation and not got into it himself to "counterbalance" lynch's ****up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jumbo said:

its odd to me to that some people (in any venue) keep acting like the length of time this broad, multi-element, investigation has been going on is somehow indicative that nothing's there.... hard for me to get it as anything other than a willful ignoring of even recent history and all the expert testimony saying it could go on for many more months ......two years plus wouldn't be unusual ......

Someone pointed out the other day that it took 2 years between the time Watergate happened and Nixon resigned.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Someone pointed out the other day that it took 2 years between the time Watergate happened and Nixon resigned.

Another Watergate factoid, through the whole entire thing both the Post and the NYT didn't use a single quotable source on any inside information. All anonymous. So next time a Republican cries about anonymous sources two tell them "this is for Deep Throat", punch them in the nose and then call them a basic **** when they start crying. Metaphorically speaking.