Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

21 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Oh of course, not challenging that the investigation needs to run its course or innocence under the law until guilt proven, but compare the panic levels on Hillary's emails during that investigation to now.  It's not even in the same ballpark.  Bunch of professionals quietly working and the public off about a million other things.  The sheer sense of urgency that existed with Hillary's stuff is just totally absent.  It's being treated like when Bush would throw out another Bushism, just another bad thing on the pile, when it actually has the potential to be the largest scandal in the history of the United States.

Well there is a bit of difference between the presumed President elect and him.

It might be fun to compare her violations and his once the facts come out.

2 hours ago, twa said:

It might be fun to compare her violations and his once the facts come out.

I admire this about you twa, you love to challenge yourself. Not like those friggin' millennials.

The more facts come out, the harder you have to work in your "comparison" to get to the pre-determined conclusion but you're not afraid to feel the strain a few extra mental contortions. Keep it up dawg.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

23 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Oh of course, not challenging that the investigation needs to run its course or innocence under the law until guilt proven, but compare the panic levels on Hillary's emails during that investigation to now.  

I think what we're witnessing is that the right is just much more vocal about anything concerning the dems. Had Hillary been found to have Russian ties after getting elected, they would be asking for her to be hung for treason. I think the level of outrage is tied to who is being defended.

I agree with you in the regard and the pace of this investigation would be much quicker. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

I think what we're witnessing is that the right is just much more vocal about anything concerning the dems. Had Hillary been found to have Russian ties after getting elected, they would be asking for her to be hung for treason. I think the level of outrage is tied to who is being defended.

I agree with you in the regard and the pace of this investigation would be much quicker. 

Going really general here with a broad brush...

I wonder if this ties into the findings of the polls regarding Russia and bombing Syria - that R's are seemingly much more prone to massive stance swings based off... whatever (right wing media, their leaders, etc.).  Easier to play on their emotions is my guess.  Actually, it could also be that right wing media/leadership is more likely to play to the emotions.  Trump is the epitome of this.  As my brother in law says - anyone appealing to your emotions is trying to sell you something.  

Anyway... makes sense to me that they'd be far more vocal about 'scandals', more harsh in terms of judgement, and more likely to want to fast forward to the end verdict.

So latest news on the Carter Page front is that he, J.D. Gordon, and Kislyak were in a meeting together where "they" made Page swear to secrecy and they all agreed it would be confidential.

This, btw comes straight from Page's mouth via a CNN interview.

Why this guy goes on tv anymore is beyond me.  Logically he SHOULD have a guilty conscience, that is literally the only reasonable explanation for why he constantly goes on interviews and stacks additional circumstancial evidence on top of himself time and time again.

37 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

So latest news on the Carter Page front is that he, J.D. Gordon, and Kislyak were in a meeting together where "they" made Page swear to secrecy and they all agreed it would be confidential.

This, btw comes straight from Page's mouth via a CNN interview.

Why this guy goes on tv anymore is beyond me.  Logically he SHOULD have a guilty conscience, that is literally the only reasonable explanation for why he constantly goes on interviews and stacks additional circumstancial evidence on top of himself time and time again.

Wait he incriminated himself?

7 minutes ago, haithman said:

I mean he basically described a clandestine operation that he was part of. It is kind of amazing that RUS intelligence thought recruiting Carter Page is a good idea. The guy seems dumb as bricks. How is he a person of influence?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, haithman said:

Not completely but he has admitted to a number of circumstances in which a violation of the law is a very very strong possibility.

- admitted to Tapper he met with Kislyak in Cleveland

- told Stephanopoulis he could not rule out having discussed the lifting of sanctions

- told Cuomo that everyone in that meeting swore to secrecy

So he's almost incriminated himself.  He can't really deny that the meeting occurred now, which is a big deal.

49 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

this needs to be reposted in every thread in the tailgate. 

So you are saying those deals Obama made with them were treating as the enemy?

Syria/Afghanistan and a few more.....help me out.

Friendly is stretching it though

7c8d05821bc30a58ec9ae83929ca2750.jpg

your partisanship is refreshing in its stale and tired consistency....  

but, nonetheless... two OBVIOUS points that you (and everyone else) already know.

1)  Every President since the onset of Putin have made agreements to try to deal with/cope with the existence of Putin.  Clinton, W, Obama...all of them.   It is what the single world power does..it copes with reality.   That is not the same as calling Russia/Putin and ally.  Not by a long shot.  Not in any shading of light.  none.   .....  and only someone that is a moron, or thinks they are dealing with morons, would try to assert otherwise.   Under ALL three Presidents, the USA also made agreements with those other notable US allies, N. Korea, Zimbabwe and Venezuela (to name a few)...

2) What has happened in US-Russia relations between 2014 and 2017 ...?  Anything positive notable?  Ukraine?  Syria?  Turkey?  all these shining examples of positivity.... the only "progress" i can think of is the REAMS of allegations in this thread.   Most notably that the Russians colluded with the Trump election team to hack the US elections.   I am stretched to find ANY other items of "progress" in the last 2.5 years....... AND.......  if the reaction of the American Republican base to that accusation is to quadruple support for Putin and by majority now declare Russia "allies" with the US ... then the Republican voting base can suck a big ****ing bag of donkey dicks and anything else that will gag their ****ing traitorous pie holes.  

This makes me sick to my ****ing stomach.  and not in a joking, ha ha ha sort of way.    Totally disgusted.   

but preach on, Wormtongue... please tell me a different possible interpretation of this shift in sentiment ... i would love to hear it.        

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

but preach on, Wormtongue... please tell me a different possible interpretation of this shift in sentiment ... i would love to hear it.    

1 hour ago, twa said:

I'd rather watch you throw up on yourself. :ols:

<<a canned spin article from someone else that mentions Russia, and criticizes Obama--- so MUST be relevant...right?>>  

yeah... I didn't think you were going to bother to try.