Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Who here ever played musical chairs?

There's one chair left, and a bunch of people who need seats, but only Flynn and Page seem to be circling the chair, everyone else is off trying to ignore it.

Flynn has made it quite clear he wants to get into the chair, but it would be rather easy to coax Page into the chair.

Seriously, Page is either an idiot or he's wracked with guilt.  After the Tapper interview he should have tapped out.  Instead, he talks with George Stephanopoulis (that spelling is probably wrong but meh) and all but confirms he spoke about easing sanctions with Russians.  Between that and his whining about not wanting to be a spy, he seems like quite the fool.  Whether an idiot or via guilt, I suspect he'll sing lovely tunes once the FBI deposes him.

Probably why Flynn made it clear he was interested in immunity for flipping.  Needed to get his foot in the door before someone asks Page questions under oath and he spills all the beans.

Since Trump and his cohorts believe in the value of torture in interrogation, I think that Trump, Flynn, Manafort, Bannon, Stone should all face a little waterboarding the very first time they are questioned. Put their money where their mouth is.

• Like 2

Just now, Burgold said:

And yet so many are willing to be fooled (I think that's more accurate than they were fooled)

Don't you mean that so many are fooled because they are willing to be?  That's how I see it.  

Nowadays, research on our decisions is more necessary...and if some are not willing to do it, that's on them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Don't you mean that so many are fooled because they are willing to be?  That's how I see it.  

Nowadays, research on our decisions is more necessary...and if some are not willing to do it, that's on them.

I think it's even worse than that. I think they consciously reject information they dislike even if they know it's true. They embrace falsehoods because they fit more comfortably despite what they really understand.

• Like 2

The GOP has it figured it out. You don't have to produce results or provide even minimal substance if your base is mindless.

Trump should have been forced to resign after his made up accusations about Obama wiretapping him. Instead, that whole thing seems to have blown over. No consequences... no apology... no repercussions whatsoever. And in fact, he's still claiming it like it actually happened.

That's not all on the right though. The left needs to stop being such *******. You can bet your ass that if the roles were reversed, this would be the scandal to end all scandals. Dems don't have the stomach for that sort of thing it seems, even when they don't have to make up phony scandals as their opposition is so inclined to do.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The GOP has it figured it out. You don't have to produce results or provide even minimal substance if your base is mindless.

Trump should have been forced to resign after his made up accusations about Obama wiretapping him. Instead, that whole thing seems to have blown over. No consequences... no apology... no repercussions whatsoever. And in fact, he's still claiming it like it actually happened.

That's not all on the right though. The left needs to stop being such *******. You can bet your ass that if the roles were reversed, this would be the scandal to end all scandals. Dems don't have the stomach for that sort of thing it seems, even when they don't have to make up phony scandals as their opposition is so inclined to do.

Well, this is the same party who elected a guy who was caught on tape bragging about being a sexual predator and who settled out of court on multiple sexual assault cases, among so many other insane and ridiculous things he did and/or said. At this point accusing a former POTUS of committing a felony was downright bland. You combine a base who supports him no matter what (and actually gets MORE vociferous the more outlandish, absurd, and offensive he gets) with an inept media which actually gave him all this air time and presented him as if he were a serious candidate (or a serious human being) and his "ideas" had any sort of weight whatsoever and you get this perfect storm of "holy **** our country is ****ed".

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizza/the-continuing-fallout-from-trump-and-nuness-fake-scandal

THE CONTINUING FALLOUT FROM TRUMP AND NUNES’S FAKE SCANDAL

It is now clear that the scandal was not Rice’s normal review of the intelligence reports but the coördinated effort between the Trump Administration and Nunes to sift through classified information and computer logs that recorded Rice’s unmasking requests, and then leak a highly misleading characterization of those documents, all in an apparent effort to turn Rice, a longtime target of Republicans, into the face of alleged spying against Trump. It was a series of lies to manufacture a fake scandal. Last week, CNN was the first to report that both Democrats and Republicans who reviewed the Nunes material at the N.S.A. said that the documents provided “no evidence that Obama Administration officials did anything unusual or illegal.”

I spoke to two intelligence sources, one who read the entire binder of intercepts and one who was briefed on their contents. “There’s absolutely nothing there,” one source said. The Trump names remain masked in the documents, and Rice would not have been able to know in all cases that she was asking the N.S.A. to unmask the names of Trump officials.

The intelligence source told me that he knows, “from talking to people in the intelligence community,” that “the White House said, ‘We are going to mobilize to find something to justify the President’s tweet that he was being surveilled.’ They put out an all-points bulletin”—a call to sift through intelligence reports—“and said, ‘We need to find something that justifies the President’s crazy tweet about surveillance at Trump Tower.’ And I’m telling you there is no way you get that from those transcripts, which are about as plain vanilla as can be.” (The White House did not respond to a request for comment.)