Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So wait...if the leaks are real, and they were reported by the news...how can that news be fake?

It's not actually impossible (though I suspect this is not what Trump is saying). It is possible that the intel was leaked, but that the reporters misreported, misunderstood, or exaggerated the information to such an extent as to make it fake.

In this specific case, I think the most obvious answer is that the intel was leaked, was accurate, and is of that sort that they fear may not only damage Flynn (hence the firing/resignation), but may implicate other people up the White House ladder possibly including Trump himself. The fake news argument is a dodge. It's also one that Trump seems to favor having called quite a few accurate stories "fake" in recent days. In fact, I would argue that "fake news" in Trumpspeak can be accurately translated as "critical news"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

How?

how did rational humans decide that he was a good idea? 

Even the most staunch supporter has to have a tinge of emarrassment 

Because nobody understands what Democrats stand for, I can tell you what I think they stand for but you won't like it so I will refrain.

47 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So wait...if the leaks are real, and they were reported by the news...how can that news be fake?

The Leaks are real = Flynn did what he did.

The news is fake = There is not a conspiracy between Trump and his campaign where they corroborated with Russia.

Its not that hard to read between the lines on this one.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Preventing red states from lapsing into 3rd-world level living standards via taxpayer-funded federal spending?

But we've had a Democratic President in office for 8 years and things are not getting better for that demographic, so what you're saying is either bull**** or the Dems suck at doing what they say they can do.

Edited by jschuck12001

5 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

The news is fake = There is not a conspiracy between Trump and his campaign where they corroborated with Russia.

But we've had a Democratic President in office for 8 years and things are not getting better for that demographic, so what you're saying is either bull**** or the Dems suck at doing what they say they can do.

But it does still keep Mississippi above Haiti.  And they're called "red states' for a reason...Do you know what that reason is?

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I almost fell outta my chair:rofl89:

Its funny cause it's true. :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

To be honest, convincing populations that they need to adapt because their outdated industries have either become marginalized and/or eliminated takes time. 

But instead, those populations appeared to have doubled down on things like coal and small family owned farming jobs. The sad part of it is, the current admin doesn't care about those people at all but somehow they are convinced that Trump will bring them back to the heydays (the one where technology didn't make them outdated). 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

@twa you voted for him, you are probably our most ardent GOPer.

Simple yes or no please....

1) Do you believe that Trump is fit for the office of the President in mind and body?

2) Do you support Trump?

He seems to fit in the office, though he could shed some pounds, his head even fits thru the door.

I think him reasonably sane and qualified if that is what you are asking.

He is the President, so yes I support him.

I obviously think there were better options...of course you would hate them as well.

• Like 1

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

^^^^^ Making false statements to law enforcement. Isn't that  a crime?

In my experience it can sure be painful at least. Lying to feds is a felony. Lying to reg cops is an open bag. Mine was full of owwies.

On 2/16/2017 at 4:43 PM, jschuck12001 said:

Unemployment is now as low as anytime since the 1990s in Mississippi except for the late 1990s where the whole economy was clearly over inflated due to the stock market bubble.

Alabama also managed to have a lower unemployment during the the housing bubble, but ignoring the last 2 bubbles unemployment is now lower in Alabama since the 1990s other than when we've had a huge bubble.

By what metric did things not get better in the red states over the last 8 years?

https://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=z1ebjpgk2654c1_&met_y=unemployment_rate&idim=state:ST2800000000000:ST0100000000000&fdim_y=seasonality:S&hl=en&dl=en#!ctype=l&strail=false&bcs=d&nselm=h&met_y=unemployment_rate&fdim_y=seasonality:S&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=country&idim=state:ST2800000000000:ST0100000000000&ifdim=country&tstart=632466000000&tend=1481864400000&hl=en_US&dl=en&ind=false

Oh and you do realize the powers of the President are limited, right?

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1