Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cheat Carroll and the Seahawks Culture

Busch1724

Why is it that there is never a big deal made about the culture of cheating that exists in Seattle? Sure some make jokes here and there about Pete, but he is treated with kid gloves compared to the way the Patriots are talked about in regards to cheating. 

Cheat Carroll has participated and done more cheating in his lifetime than Charlie Sheen, but still hasn't gotten the reputation that Bill has earned. This frustrates me. Is it the fact they are in the west? Is it the fact they haven't been as successful as New England? 

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

Cheating in what way?

Richard Sherman played the entire second half of the season with a MCL injury but he never showed up on any injury report. It's a violation of the rule put in place back when Belichick would hide or give vague injury reports.  Carroll said he forgot to disclose it because Sherman practiced.  I mean Carroll's the one who called himself out when he disclosed it after the season.  I don't think he was purposely trying to hide it.  If he was he wouldn't have come out and said anything.  

4 minutes ago, drowland said:

Richard Sherman played the entire second half of the season with a MCL injury but he never showed up on any injury report. It's a violation of the rule put in place back when Belichick would hide or give vague injury reports.  Carroll said he forgot to disclose it because Sherman practiced.  I mean Carroll's the one who called himself out when he disclosed it after the season.  I don't think he was purposely trying to hide it.  If he was he wouldn't have come out and said anything.  

Well, I did hear about that, but I don't see how that is cheating. How does it give the Seahawks an unfair advantage?

42 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Well, I did hear about that, but I don't see how that is cheating. How does it give the Seahawks an unfair advantage?

It really isn't.  To me the injury report is used more for FF and gambling.  If Sherman is looking hobbled out there the other team would see it and go after him anyway.  But it's a rule to make sure all teams are reporting injuries the same.  

The Jets got fined $125K when they didn't report Brett Favre had a torn bicep the last month of the season.  There was no advantage since Favre faltered down the stretch and the Jets missed the playoffs.  The Seahawks will get fined too.  

Well let's start, off the top of my head:

• Leave USC when knowing sanctions are coming down
  • Adderral problem throughout the whole locker room (wouldn't put that on him though)
  • They've been fined and/or lost draft picks at least 2 times (I think 3) for extra hitting during practices
  • Not revealing Richard Sherman's surgery. His explanation is hard to believe

Those are pretty inane things, I think you just hate Carroll, which is fine, but those things really aren't that serious.  NCAA has stupid rules, and it's easy to break them.  The only thing on there that gives him an advantage, that you say us his fault, is the hitting, but I don't know how much of an advantage it would really give you.  

Sure I don't like the guy. I don't generally root for people in life who avoid difficult situations, lie often, and act dumb when faced with a question. For the record, I don't like Bill either, but for some reason Pete gets a pass when he's done more wrong in a much shorter span of time. I don't know how you play dumb and say "I forgot" when one of your best players had a knee surgery and failed to report it. 

16 hours ago, drowland said:

It really isn't.  

Actually, it is.  The main reason why BB didn't like to be forthcoming on his injury reports is because it allows the other team to focus on a physical weakness. Not necessarily by going after the injury (which does happen all the time), but it helps them to plan a scheme.  If you know a guy has a leg injury, you can scheme to make him have to try to cut or run in a direction that may be difficult due to that injury.  It's part of the game.  And, if we're being honest here, saying it doesn't have an unfair advantage doesn't hold water.  I mean, deflated balls???  I really don't want to go down that path again, but the outrage by most was that cheating is cheating.  The nondisclosure (even leaving out the completely unbelievable excuse) was against the rules and is therefore cheating. 

Let's not forget that several members of this team have also said that they will purposely cheat; holding, etc. because they know the refs will only flag them so many times in a game for the same offense (unless you're Norman playing for the Redskins).  That's how they're coached.  I would definitely add that to the list of their acts of cheating.

13 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

Actually, it is.  The main reason why BB didn't like to be forthcoming on his injury reports is because it allows the other team to focus on a physical weakness. Not necessarily by going after the injury (which does happen all the time), but it helps them to plan a scheme.  If you know a guy has a leg injury, you can scheme to make him have to try to cut or run in a direction that may be difficult due to that injury.  It's part of the game.  And, if we're being honest here, saying it doesn't have an unfair advantage doesn't hold water.  I mean, deflated balls???  I really don't want to go down that path again, but the outrage by most was that cheating is cheating.  The nondisclosure (even leaving out the completely unbelievable excuse) was against the rules and is therefore cheating. 

Let's not forget that several members of this team have also said that they will purposely cheat; holding, etc. because they know the refs will only flag them so many times in a game for the same offense (unless you're Norman playing for the Redskins).  That's how they're coached.  I would definitely add that to the list of their acts of cheating.

I'll agree on the injury report.  If teams had known about the injury they could have run plays to try to make Sherman more uncomfortable.  

The holding thing is smart though.  The refs were more focused on illegal hands to the face this year which is what they were getting Norman and others for mostly.  So they were coached to not go high and hold low.  That's sports.  Offenses run illegal pick plays all the time.  If refs aren't calling it keep running it.  

http://nypost.com/2015/01/21/the-seahawks-have-done-some-dirty-cheating-too/

This article is a year old, so the numbers are different now, but let's not forget all the PED violations that the Seahawks were CAUGHT for.

The Seahawks have long led the league in PED suspensions. Here’s a list of some recent bans for the use of banned substances.

John Moffitt: Suspended four games in 2011

Brandon Browner (now with the Patriots): Suspended four games in 2012

Winston Guy: Suspended four games in 2012

Allen Barbre: Suspended four games in 2012

Bruce Irvin: Suspended four games in 2013

Richard Sherman: Tested positive in 2012. Result overturned due to a problem with the collection procedure.

And remember, Sherman got away with his because he cracked the sample cup. Cracked cup=contaminated=innocent!

20 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Pete Carroll's legacy will be throwing it on second down from the 1 yard line.  Forever.

I really wish I could find a video on this but the NFL TV channel did a special on that game. And went into detail about how the Patriots Defense was told to be looking for that specific play in the game. Even though they also said that the Seahawks had never run it before. Which I thought was odd since they also said they spent a couple of hours of practice just on the chance the Seahawks would run that particular play that game, Pretty odd to me

14 hours ago, Tsailand said:

pumping in crowd noise

I have read that there are people in the NFL (FO personnel, players, etc.) that have speculated on this, but, to my knowledge, the NFL brass has never looked into it.  That, in itself, is telling about that team.  

And, yes, in case there was any doubt, I HATE the Seahawks and Caroll. They are right up there with the Giants in my loathing. 

On 1/18/2017 at 2:23 PM, drowland said:

I'll agree on the injury report.  If teams had known about the injury they could have run plays to try to make Sherman more uncomfortable.  

The holding thing is smart though.  The refs were more focused on illegal hands to the face this year which is what they were getting Norman and others for mostly.  So they were coached to not go high and hold low.  That's sports.  Offenses run illegal pick plays all the time.  If refs aren't calling it keep running it.  

You can't go two ways about it. Either what the coaches are doing is smart or what they're doing is cheating. Personally, I'm not particularly bothered by the Seahawks doing those things. Like you said, it's part of the game. But what annoys me is that if the Patriots do anything remotely similar, we have to listen to another lecture about how Belichick is a stain on the NFL. Certain teams always end up getting credit for being "creative" while others get labeled as "dirty" for the same tactics.

N.E filmed practices. They won 3 superbowls with the help of it....by a FG in each. Roger burned the tapes to keep from answering questions of whether what was on the tapes could've been the deciding factor in their 3 (SB) wins.

The Seahawks are petty thieves to New Englands mob organization.

1 hour ago, TheShredSkinz said:

N.E filmed practices. They won 3 superbowls with the help of it....by a FG in each. Roger burned the tapes to keep from answering questions of whether what was on the tapes could've been the deciding factor in their 3 (SB) wins.

The Seahawks are petty thieves to New Englands mob organization.

Indeed. From what I've read NE did A LOT more than that as well it was just completely covered up AND they continue similar practices to this day. 

On 1/19/2017 at 7:50 AM, Taylor 36 said:

I have read that there are people in the NFL (FO personnel, players, etc.) that have speculated on this, but, to my knowledge, the NFL brass has never looked into it.  That, in itself, is telling about that team.  

And, yes, in case there was any doubt, I HATE the Seahawks and Caroll. They are right up there with the Giants in my loathing. 

Hey! You didn't mention Dallas! :thumbsup:

Although you'll probably come back with something like "I have a special hate for them" haha.

As for Seattle, I'm not really hating on them. However, if they broke the rules I would like to see them held accountable... because if this was Dallas or Washington we would be "ruining the integrity of the game".

13 hours ago, Rey713 said:

Hey! You didn't mention Dallas! :thumbsup:

Although you'll probably come back with something like "I have a special hate for them" haha.

As for Seattle, I'm not really hating on them. However, if they broke the rules I would like to see them held accountable... because if this was Dallas or Washington we would be "ruining the integrity of the game".

Haha!  To be honest, since Capgate, where both our teams were royally screwed over, Dallas has become my least hated NFCE rival.  

38 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

Haha!  To be honest, since Capgate, where both our teams were royally screwed over, Dallas has become my least hated NFCE rival.  

Mara single-handedly made the Giants my most hated team. The things they get away with because of that privileged buffoon is crazy.

Archived