Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

14 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Of course! We just have not heard anything about it. Something like that may or may not be made known to the press. I HOPE we have done something like that, in my opinion it would be foolish not to do so.

But yes, we certainly could have had some conversations with him, like we did with Zach Brown before it became public he was coming to meet us.

I agree, and he did have 7 sacks his rookie year, which is great for a DT/NT. If he would take more like 6million/year I'd be all over it.

8 is pushing it, but Id be fine with it for a year. 

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

8 is pushing it, but Id be fine with it for a year. 

Yeah, 8 would be really high for me, unless it would be similar to the last few contracts, where the base might be more like 5 million/year with a lot of incentives. Then it's pretty palatable.

18 minutes ago, arftech said:

If Hankins can help fix this defense I'm all in.

Hail Em Up!

He can't fix it by himself, but he fixes arguably the biggest hole we had. With the other FA's we've picked up, like Brown, Swearinger, and McClain, I think we'd already a much better defense with the draft still to go.

10 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

I'm telling ya if Hankins does not take 8 a year, then he's holding out to re-sign with the Giants. Good riddance. 

Well, I can't really argue with that!

I supposed you could make the case that he's trying to get the Giants to come up by getting other bidders involved, but that has really backfired.

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Well, I can't really argue with that!

I supposed you could make the case that he's trying to get the Giants to come up by getting other bidders involved, but that has really backfired.

lol, I not saying its working. Think the only one with a serious bid was the Dolphins. And it was close to but not at 8.

He should fire his agent,

On 4/8/2017 at 6:49 AM, Koolblue13 said:

People love to point to the Haynesworth deal, like it was the dumbest idea ever, but he was the next William Fuller only much better at the time. If he didnt quit on himself, he could of been talked about with the Reggie Whites of the line, he was that good.

So good TN let him walk.  He was known as a lazy ass and a quitter going back to his time as a Volunteer.  He is the antithesis of a football player

The ncaa and nfl are filled with guys who are physical freaks and just keep falling upwards based on their size, strength, or speed.  Haynesworth was probably the best example ever, but there are countless others.  Contrary to what you think therenis more to GMSMs comments about "football players" than simple draft speak.

Had anyone actually studied tape of that fat piece of **** they wouldnt have signed him for vet min

On 4/8/2017 at 9:49 PM, Morneblade said:

I have no idea. It seems like that might be the case, but I don't know HOW you can arrive at that conclusion that you will get your asking price. None of the other top DT/NT did, and he's hardly had a bite in weeks. I don't know if we have any contact with him either. I hope we have, but maybe he is not backing down. And we do know that his agent is a complete asshat, so who knows?

Aside form Calais Campbell... I wonder if in hindsight the Jags feel like they got hustled. They agreed to that $15M/yr deal at the opening bell of FA and then the DL market completely tanked. I know Calais had other offers as well, but you have to think that looking back, they would prefer to pay the younger Hankins $8-10M on a LTD.  

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We're still talking about hankins? Why? If the redskins were going to give him an offer, they would have done that a long time ago...pretty sure it's not going to happen. sorry to shoot down anyone's hopes and dreams.

Probably so, though the long delay in bringing in Zach Brown likely had people feeling about the same and that came to fruition.  

Speaking of hope.

Obviously expectations should be tempered given the lack of a NT, LTDs, a GM, as well as installing a 'new' D, but there's a lot to look forward to I believe.  

I think we have pieces in place to see better 3rd down and redzone D, better redzone offense, and perhaps even some improvement in the run game.  If the D and receivers can get going early, this might just be a really exciting season.  

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Aside form Calais Campbell... I wonder if in hindsight the Jags feel like they got hustled. They agreed to that $15M/yr deal at the opening bell of FA and then the DL market completely tanked. I know Calais had other offers as well, but you have to think that looking back, they would prefer to pay the younger Hankins $8-10M on a LTD.  

Calais is a hell of a player, but he's also what, 30 years old? They might very well feel that way, and I'm sure his big dollars had guys like Hankins thinking they would be getting more, and multi year deals. Jags might feel like they have egg on their face after this offseason.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We're still talking about hankins? Why? If the redskins were going to give him an offer, they would have done that a long time ago...pretty sure it's not going to happen. sorry to shoot down anyone's hopes and dreams.

Slow free agent news day I guess. Not holding my breath for Hankins. Frankly don't care.

All I want to hear now is that we sign Cousins to a LTD.

Whatever else happens, happens. 

Just now, CTskin said:

My feeling is that being we are close to draft day everyone will wait and see what players are available in the draft. No use signing a FA when a good player may fall . 

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Insiders already said on twitter that we are the other team in on him besides the Giants. Both teams are waiting on him to decide. 

They didn't say this part, but hold up probably is because he wants huge money and nobody is giving it to him, but he's holding out hope. Whenever reality sets in he'll make his decision.

9 hours ago, zoony said:

So good TN let him walk.  He was known as a lazy ass and a quitter going back to his time as a Volunteer.  He is the antithesis of a football player

The ncaa and nfl are filled with guys who are physical freaks and just keep falling upwards based on their size, strength, or speed.  Haynesworth was probably the best example ever, but there are countless others.  Contrary to what you think therenis more to GMSMs comments about "football players" than simple draft speak.

Had anyone actually studied tape of that fat piece of **** they wouldnt have signed him for vet min

I hear a lot of loose talk you're throwing around. Haynesworth was an absolute beast in TN when he turned it on. The fact being that teams were acquiring him for that very reason. Which is why we were able to acquire a 5th rounder from New England for him. So no, plenty of people watched tape and that's why they signed him. He was a lying greedy sociopath and was able to get away with fooling a few teams into believing he loved the game.

17 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

Insiders already said on twitter that we are the other team in on him besides the Giants. Both teams are waiting on him to decide. 

They didn't say this part, but hold up probably is because he wants huge money and nobody is giving it to him, but he's holding out hope. Whenever reality sets in he'll make his decision.

Do you have links to the insiders saying this? Searching twitter for anything Hankins related to the skins pulls up nothing of real relevance.

Latest news is there's a mystery team involved, it's the Eagles after losing Beau Allen and Bennie Logan. 

20 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

What?! If you have a link for that, I'd like to see it.

27 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

They did? Do you know which "insiders"? I must've missed it. Interesting. 

*edit* sorry, just saw you were already bombarded with this. :ols: 

Archived