Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

President Elect Trump Announces U.S. Election Riddled With Voter Fraud

Dan T.

3 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Ignore twa.  Sometimes he says something worth responding to, but for the most part it isn't.  Creating urban populations is very hard.  We are having issues sustaining the urban populations that we do have through most of the country.  The costal states are by and large exceptions.

What were the fastest growing states over the last 10 yrs?

I certainly prefer the coast, but you could easily entice millions into the interior.

ignore me all ya want :) while ya sink and infrastructure crumbles.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Has there been any electors refusing to vote Trump?  Like hopefully about 50 of them?

One confirmed. Claims he's talked to "several others" that expressed a willingness but I don't know what that means. So it's not happening.

Party over country.

I see the "if California didn't count Trump would have won the popular vote" is all the rage on social media as the talking point today for Trump supporters. It reeks of desperately trying to defend someone that got crushed in the popular vote.  

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Reminds me of all the memes I have seen complaining about the electoral college.  It reeks of desperately trying to defend someone who got crushed in the electoral vote.  (Also known as our current system)

I suspect that's probably because 2x in the last 5 Presidential elections, the person receiving the majority (and/or plurality) of the popular vote didn't win the electoral vote. 

My take is that the electoral college is a dated concept that should have been abolished when America left behind an agrarian driven economy. Even more so now that we live in a highly connected world and news doesn't take 3 weeks by pony to come from California back east. 

The concept that a presidential vote counts more in Wyoming that it does in California is stupid. And truly, it's undemocratic. 

edit..but I've beaten that dead horse too much. I have to learn that (largely) white males over 45 get to decide the Presidency because they live in 'murica and not in the major population centers of the US. 

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/POLL-A-majority-of-Republicans-think-Trump-won-10804518.php

POLL: A majority of Republicans think Trump won the popular vote

A survey conducted by the research company Qualtrics showed that 52% of Republican voters think that Donald Trump won the popular vote in November's general election, despite nationwide totals giving Hillary Clinton almost a 3 million-vote edge.

54 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

While possible, I also think there is a large percentage of Trump voters are now in complete eff with the media mode

14 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

While possible, I also think there is a large percentage of Trump voters are now in complete eff with the media mode

It's actually because they don't California. "Well if you take away California, Trump won the popular vote." (No, I'm not joking that this is the case)

Another reason is that they think there is really massive voter fraud and that illegals voted. 

The more I think about it, I don't think it has anything to do with them messing with the media. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

It's actually because they don't California. "Well if you take away California, Trump won the popular vote." (No, I'm not joking that this is the case)

A ridiculous claim to refute a ridiculous stat?   That sounds about right.  

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Seen that a ton on Twitter. Apparently Californians aren't Americans. They might not be too far off.

In 2016 Donald Trump won 66 electoral votes from 14 small states, with a total population of about 26,300,000. Hillary Clinton won 55 electoral votes from California, with a population of 37,254,000.

5 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Seen that a ton on Twitter. Apparently Californians aren't Americans. They might not be too far off.

In 2016 Donald Trump won 66 electoral votes from 14 small states, with a total population of about 26,300,000. Hillary Clinton won 55 electoral votes from California, with a population of 37,254,000.

I responded to one by saying after the Cali claim that if you took away Texas, Bama and Tennessee, the popular vote would go to being tied since they equal California's population. No response afterward. It's ridiculous. 

43 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Another reason is that they think there is really massive voter fraud and that illegals voted. 

The more I think about it, I don't think it has anything to do with them messing with the media. 

The ridiculous thing that goes hand in hand with this multi million illegals voting was the completely inaccurate mis quoting of Obama days before the election. It was being reported some places that Obama said illegals could vote with no repercussions but if you simply listened to the entire question he was asked and his answer, that's not even close to what he said. Yet, I saw/read that misrepresentation being ran with for the remaining days leading up to the election and being used as proof of voter fraud to this day. 

2 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of that is going on.  

I hope pollsters take into account that the people they're surveying could well  be lying to them.  

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Yes.  It's as ridiculous as claiming Trump won 2500 counties to Clintons 500.  Or the "islands of Hillary" maps. 

Those aren't in the same league as far as what is ridiculous. However, as we've discussed, I would love to see what would happen to vote totals if it was a popular vote. It was be fascinating to see. Personally, the excuse of not voting because it wouldn't make a difference wherever you live is a poor excuse for not voting. 

Archived