Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

2 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Well if HanA*****Solo's identity becomes public the first person he can blame is himself for being an enormous troll, he self admittedly sought out notoriety.  The second person he can blame is Trump for making his meme national news.

I dislike the precedent on powerless entities, but understandable.

2 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

As I said before I am very surprised he has not been outed by a Reddit user, I seem to remember instances of that happening to people who post awful things that go viral. The internet has opened up a whole can of worms with respect to privacy, best to only post things you wouldn't mind being publicly associated with your identity.

Totally agree.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That's absurd.

Why?   They announce his name and then some crazies go find him.

I really must be missing something....help me out....this is some internet troll saying hateful stuff on the internet.....Why is he any different then the other thousands of people who do that?      This sounds like dangerous internet unmasking

I'm pro-doxxing. I think social media anonymity is a pox on society. Anybody can say anything these days with no repercussions. Nobody needs to stand by their words and own their actions. I think it's the driving force behind the collapse in cultural civility. And as far as I can figure exposing trolls and creating a real world consequence for them is the only way to change the tide. So bring it on. I got nothing to hide. 

The internet is public and open to the entirety of our planet. If you broadcast to the world that you want to drop a bomb on refugees because of their religion or ethnicity and you also broadcast biographical information that makes you identifiable, then tough ****.

I wish CNN had just outed him. 

3 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I really must be missing something....help me out....this is some internet troll saying hateful stuff on the internet.....Why is he any different then the other thousands of people who do that?      This sounds like dangerous internet unmasking

It's not inciting violence because they aren't telling anyone to do violent things. Don't be dense.

"His name is Joe Monroe." = not inciting violence.

"His name is Joe Monroe. Go beat him up." = Is inciting violence.

I am 100% pro doxxing of racist **** bags. 

If you so strongly believe in that nonsense, then be willing to put your name to it. If not, then you know it's wrong, but that you continue to say those things makes you an even more vile piece of ****.

It's not inciting violence because they aren't telling anyone to do violent things. Don't be dense.

Sooooo...When did Trump say beat up media members?        And is a tweet of Trump body slamming CNN is inciting violence?

1 minute ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

While I feel bad for the guy if he really regrets what he did, where is the concern from folks on the right for media and others subject to constant threats and harassment because they aren't hiding their identities.

As someone who uses twitter without much attempt to hide who I am, I don't have a lot of sympathy for folks spreading lies and hatred and hiding to protect themselves from the consequences.

I can envision a future where all Tea Party members exist in anonymity.  They will campaign for office as "current Tea Party candidate" and serve out their terms in congress in complete disguise...protecting their identity like 79s-era KISS.  Passing their legislation in total obscurity, so as to avoid "the crazies".

Just now, visionary said:

While I feel bad for the guy if he really regrets what he did, where is the concern from folks on the right for media and others subject to constant threats and harassment because they aren't hiding their identities.

As someone who uses twitter without much attempt to hide who I am, I don't have a lot of sympathy for folks spreading lies and hatred and hiding to protect themselves from the consequences.

I think if you specifically threaten someone; that's different then just spewing hateful things....it's a slippery slope...at what point is someone going to far?

10 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Sooooo...When did Trump say beat up media members?        And is a tweet of Trump body slamming CNN is inciting violence?

I never said it was but if somebody wanted to make that argument, it would be a lot closer to inciting violence than reveling somebody's name. Trump, and the entire right's rhetoric toward the media is extremely dangerous though.

This Han Solo guy is a real piece of ****. Blank check for anyone on the right though.... No morals. No values. No principles.

5 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I think if you specifically threaten someone; that's different then just spewing hateful things....it's a slippery slope...at what point is someone going to far?

When they become a democrat silly. Other than, all bets are off.

I never said it was but if somebody wanted to make that argument, it would be a lot closer to inciting violence than reveling somebody's name. Trump, and the entire right's rhetoric toward the media is extremely dangerous though.

This Han Solo guy is a real piece of ****. Blank check for anyone on the right though.... No morals. No values. No principles.

I'm not sure why this is a left/right thing?    Leftists are sweethearts on twitter?

The approval rating for the media is very low...it's not just GOP'ers who can't stand them.

Just now, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I'm not sure why this is a left/right thing?

Because you and millions of others defend the right winger 100% of the time, and place the blame on the left winger 100% of the time.

HanAssholeSolo calls for the deaths of Jews and Muslims. The undignified President of the United States retweets the racist's juvenile gif in order to further sew mistrust in the media, while supporting FOX News, Infowars, and other extremely fake "news" outlets because they, likewise support the right 100% of the time. The real villain in this situation? CNN and liberals.

2 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I'm not sure why this is a left/right thing?    Leftists are sweethearts on twitter?

The approval rating for the media is very low...it's not just GOP'ers who can't stand them.

Well the approval rating for the media is kind of like the approval rating for Congress. We like our guys and dislike the rest. I think SnS might be alluding to the way people like Trump Jr and Cruz are championing a hateful internet troll to continue their political attack on CNN. Sometimes it is good to consider who you are allying yourself with.

Because you and millions of others defend the right winger 100% of the time, and place the blame on the left winger 100% of the time.

HanAssholeSolo calls for the deaths of Jews and Muslims. The undignified President of the United States retweets the racist's juvenile gif in order to further sew mistrust in the media, while supporting FOX News, Infowars, and other extremely fake "news" outlets because they, likewise support the right 100% of the time. The real villain in this situation? CNN and liberals.

I don't support the "right" 100% of the time...I've said a million times that I'd be happy if Pence took over Tomorrow....I don't agree with every right wing position.

I don't think Trump had any idea who this troll was...he hought the gif was funny...I laughed when I first saw it.

It's not fair to put Fox and Infowars in the same category....I admit Infowars is way out there and It's disturbing that Trump would acknowledge them.

Trump may not have known but whoever fed it to him should have checked it out* (this has happened before) and Cruz and Jr should be entirely aware of who this guy is by now.

*Assuming the president doesn't spend his time searching for memes on the intrnet

Just now, RedskinsFan44 said:

Trump may not have known but whoever fed it to him should have checked it out (this has happened before) and Cruz and Jr should be entirely aware of who this guy is by now.

How are Cruz and Jr. Championing the troll?     If they are; they should be ashamed

I like when people say absurd stuff on the internet and have to face consequences IRL because of it.

I think racists/sexists/bigots are holding us back as a society, in a terrible way, and I'm cool with bad things happening to them. I'm not talking about told a bad joke racist/sexist/etc, I'm talking people that actually think someone is a lesser human being etc.

What I'm not cool with is the bs that happened with the Mozilla ceo, for example. Sometimes the internet crusading targets poorly.

I always think about what precedent something will set in terms of future cases. If they had revealed it, it's a precedent for Breitbart or Alex Jones tracking down admitted illegals or something.

Since they didn't, if it were tried everyone would snap around with 'but this is different'. Glad to see you all think it's a good precedent tho. And interested to see how fast your opinions change then.

This has happened before, like the Star of David flap. It will keep happening because this is the no accountability administration. They don't check where anything comes from. There people or their posts. 

Jan 2008 it was "this is your economy now. Why aren't you fixing it better?" then last year it was "those economic numbers are fake. They are lying about jobs" and a few months in even when the trends aren't as good at a year ago. It's a ****ing victory lap. Now those numbers that were faked are irrelevant. The numbers now are legit and they are better than any ever before. 

Post-Truth. Post-Fact. Whatever. 

And the kids. They might as well be in the 70s also. Nobody is growing this brand after him. The boys will be stupid enough to try. Maybe they'll follow his lead and go bankrupt. 

1 hour ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Sounds like CNN is Inciting violence if they reveal his name.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That's absurd.

Not sure that the notion is completely absurd.  Maybe "stretch" might be a better label.  

I remember back when that abortion doctor got killed.  It was pointed out that the doctor and his family basically live surrounded by armed guards.  Anti-abortion web sites have published the doctor's home address, his phone number, his photo.  Photos of his wife and children.  Photos and license plate numbers of all of the family's cars.  The address of the kid's school.  The grocery store where they send their employees to, to buy groceries.  The address of the church they attend.  (Which was where he was shot.)  

It's certainly possible for "simply publishing information about somebody" to become "inciting violence against them."  

(I could certainly see arguments about whether this particular hypothetical would be over the line.)  

51 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It's a valid distinction.  But see my post which I assume this one will be attached to.  

Archived