Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

50 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Sooooo...When did Trump say beat up media members?        

I seem to remember a Trump quote, when his audience detected a protester in their midst, advising them to "throw them outside without their coats", a few times, before switching to "Oh.  Not supposed to say that."  

That count, for you?  

Let me clarify my CNN inciting violence comment...

I said it because they spent days essentially accusing Trump of inciting violence because of the tweet.

I think it's more likely someone would attack this troll if his name is released; then someone attacking CNN because of the tweet.

Most people seeing the Trump tweet would have laughed....all non racists, anti-semites would feel hate and disdain for the troll.....

you tell me what would incite violence more?

57 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Admiring the notion that there exists a waiting mob of 'crazies" looking to exact physical revenge upon dip**** meme trolls.

Thats a good one.  Someone should make a meme.

I do think it's a valid point.  

It's probably the same crazed mob who attacked people for saying "Merry Christmas", before Trump banished them, allowing Christains to once more live without fear of religious persecution.  

But having said that, if there's only one person, is that a good enough reason?  

Just now, Larry said:

I seem to remember a Trump quote, when his audience detected a protester in their midst, advising them to "throw them outside without their coats", a few times, before switching to "Oh.  Not supposed to say that."  

That count, for you?  

I'm talking about the media not protestors at his rally.....and you know what?  he was dumb to say those things...I'm not defending him.....even though most sane people realize he was joking...or at least I hope he was.

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

But having said that, if there's only one person, is that a good enough reason?  

I'd like to continue this convo but I've got to head up to Comet Ping-Pong tonight.  

To rescue the children.  

From the devil-worshippers.

Anyway, I hope it all works it.

5 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Let me clarify my CNN inciting violence comment...

I said it because they spent days essentially accusing Trump of inciting violence because of the tweet.

I think it's more likely someone would attack this troll if his name is released; then someone attacking CNN because of the tweet.

Most people seeing the Trump tweet would have laughed....all non racists, anti-semites would feel hate and disdain for the troll.....

you tell me what would incite violence more?

There's also context, and long-term patterns to consider, though, too.  

There certainly has been a pattern of Trump encouraging his followers to think of CNN as traitors.  The enemy.  The biggest threat to the survival of this very country.  

There's been a steady pattern of said followers acting out, and making threats of physical violence towards reporters.  (Behavior which Trump has not disagreed with.)  

So, a lot of Trump's followers appear to think that he has empowered them to act on these claims.  

15 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I'm talking about the media not protestors at his rally.....and you know what?  he was dumb to say those things...I'm not defending him.....even though most sane people realize he was joking...or at least I hope he was.

He certainly incited hatred against the media at his rallies.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000004726496/in-the-media-pen-at-a-trump-rally.html

16 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I'd like to continue this convo but I've got to head up to Comet Ping-Pong tonight.  

To rescue the children.  

From the devil-worshippers.

Anyway, I hope it all works it.

Oh really? I was going to Comet Ping Pong tonight too. Maybe I'll see you there.

20 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

He certainly incited hatred against the media at his rallies.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000004726496/in-the-media-pen-at-a-trump-rally.html

Was Biden inciting violence when he said he wanted to fight Trump?    Or how about Obama when he told a someone at a rally he would send him to tear up Hannity?

These are all jokes to me

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Right, they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor. 

Some who take the oath to uphold the Constitution can't even do that.

Well except for Benjamin Franklin, who signed it "iluv****lipz69 xxxooxxx". 

But speaking of pledging fortunes and a lack of real world consequences these days, I really believe if there was a God--or at least an active one who gave a ****--the entire Trump clan would be spending the rest of their days in abject poverty, hustling on streets just to eat. And if that makes me a mean person, so be it. A big part of me thinks the consequences for them should be even harsher than that but I'm trying to be reasonable. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I like when people say absurd stuff on the internet and have to face consequences IRL because of it.

I think racists/sexists/bigots are holding us back as a society, in a terrible way, and I'm cool with bad things happening to them. I'm not talking about told a bad joke racist/sexist/etc, I'm talking people that actually think someone is a lesser human being etc.

What I'm not cool with is the bs that happened with the Mozilla ceo, for example. Sometimes the internet crusading targets poorly.

Totally get it. But then hopefully the market would respond and bounce back on the spiteful doxxers and doxx them in turn. 

Really I'd like to see a cultural shift away from online anonymity. Where people embrace opting out if it. Example, I've been saying for awhile now that something like Twitter should provide a mass verification system and then let you automatically block accounts who haven't been verified. Let people option into it rather than force them into it. And I think you're now seeing twitter go that route. 

Also ftr, my Twitter handle from the very start, years and years now, has my real, full name in it. With a picture of me no less (the worst possible picture I could find I admit). With location tags on . I have no problems owning my harassment warnings for talking **** to my special little snowflake bff Michael Flynn Jr. Hell, to me, that's half the fun.

Now go see how many people spouting racist neo-Nazi's bull**** on there are doing so under a picture of themselves and their name. Pu-pu-*******. Why is that **** celebrated? Why is it accepted? It should be mocked and scorned into oblivion. It would also help eliminate the whole bot problem. 

If I ever have kids (God forbid) I plan on raising them to only say what they truly mean and to say absolutely nothing they're not comfortable attaching their name to. That any opinion they have they should be proud of and to say loudly. That anonymous hate is for ******* and cowards. I really don't get why that's such a complicated concept for so many. 

I do understand the valid reasons for online anonymity, out of fear of retribution or consequence in the cases where you are just having an honest, passionate conversation/debate and the wrong person in "power" sees your view points and suddenly feels they have a score to settle, however in the modern day online community it's been taken to the tenth degree where people are purposely trolling behind the anonymity and the majority of the time contributing absolutely nothing to the actual discourse.  It's gotten to the point where you have people trolling in favor of viewpoints they don't actually believe in outside of their troll accounts just for some juvenile laughs.   

Honestly I have no idea the correct path from here on out when it comes to this issue.

25 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It took CNN acting out of line for people to finally realize that cable news for the most part belongs in the sewers.   Welcome to 10 years ago.

Could you please point out in which way "CNN acted out of line"?  (In the appropriate thread.)  

1 hour ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Was Biden inciting violence when he said he wanted to fight Trump?    Or how about Obama when he told a someone at a rally he would send him to tear up Hannity?

These are all jokes to me

Did you watch the video? Your examples are weak.

add: Trump ran on anger, anger he fueled. Obama was using a metaphor for beating Hannity in a debate. Biden was expressing disgust at the Access Hollywood tape. Neither led a crowd to chant epithets. Trump regularly worked crowds into a frenzy against Hillary, the media, and immigrants. I really dont expect you to accept any of this because I suspect you have the same anger he exploits.

34 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I do understand the valid reasons for online anonymity

The problem though is that there is no more anonymity from our government (and hasn't been for a while) nor our corporations. They're colluding together on the issue, they just removed restrictions on ISPs.

So we're only anonymous from ourselves, and what is that getting us? Trolling and a rise in extreme views which are snowballing into violence/potential violence. 

Anonymity is helping, to the extent it can be used, overseas in dictatorships but I'd argue the speed of communication and the rallying of the masses is 1000x more important than what little anonymity they have.

So, what is it getting us?

I ask this as someone who was among the last hold outs moving to the android/apple apps for everything that watch you movement, someone who canceled his Facebook account because they kept changing their terms of service and business partners kept friending me then asking me why I hadn't accpeted, someone familiar with tor and other services; someone who at one point did value anonymity online but finally gave up because no one else seems to (or we wouldn't be where we are)

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I ask this as someone who was among the last hold outs moving to the android/apple apps for everything that watch you movement, someone who canceled his Facebook account because they kept changing their terms of service and business partners kept friending me then asking me why I hadn't accpeted, someone familiar with tor and other services; someone who at one point did value anonymity online but finally gave up because no one else seems to (or we wouldn't be where we are)

I am definitely veering in your direction on the matter, I just fear giving in ultimately, supporting something that puts us past the point of no return.  Are we there already? Perhaps.

3 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Did you watch the video? Your examples are weak.

add: Trump ran on anger, anger he fueled. Obama was using a metaphor for beating Hannity in a debate. Biden was expressing disgust at the Access Hollywood tape. Neither led a crowd to chant epithets. Trump regularly worked crowds into a frenzy against Hillary, the media, and immigrants. I really dont expect you to accept any of this because I suspect you have the same anger he exploits.

I'm an angry white guy.....you got me  :)  

It doesn't matter what context Biden said that.

Again, I don't agree with what Trump said. 

Archived