Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

when some "conservative" speaks these days  of keeping or flipping a state "red" what i hear is "yeah, this historic cesspool of an admin is more in tune with my nature than anything dem and we need more sewage to keep feeding it"

the only gopers i can stomach at this point are the never trumpers ala bill crystal (and many others) who actually spend their communications on what's gone so wrong with their own house (no pun) and even are willing to say they'd vote for some (not just "one") of the dems rather than trump again

they spend their ammo on trump way more than the left for now and that's being principled and ethically/morally consistent...it's fine to see a ton o crap in the left cuz it's there, of course, it's just the ole "compared to" thingy 

i take note of the level of blowing-in-the-wind magical-thinking cognition that finds hillary (again, full of flaw, sure) so hyper repugnant, even as a person, yet loves vermin like ted cruz and on and on...and think of how much hillpill has actually done to help people in need vs ultimate cuckold champion (sorry don, don jr, and eric) ted ****-for-brains cruz...or even, just as humans, evaluate their behaviors as a parent or grandparent (cue riotous laughter)

so many spazzy-flighty-****ty brains...lousy quality control for 'intelligent design'  

And we paid for this with billions in pentagon money, in special ed money, in money that could be used to better ourselves.
Instead, we bought a ****ing impregnable wall that BLEW OVER IN THE GODDAM WIND...

Chances Trump blames the Wizard of OZ:

94%

Chances a single GOP supporter cares:

ZERO

hahaha  look at the libtard who is angry our total ****ing boondoggle of government waste is a boondoggle of government waste.

GOP supporters: **** all of you.

****ing hell, what a total **** job.

~Bang

17 hours ago, redskinss said:

How long do you think it'll be before we're back to the real unemployment number of 30 percent?

A month?

Maybe two?

GDP for 4Q2019 just released...….2.1% growth.

So, if my calculations are correct, the four quarters for 2019 were 3.1, 2.0, 2.1, 2.1...…..for an annual average of 2.325%.

For the Obama years: 0.2, 2.6, 1.6, 1.5, 2.6, 2.9, 1.9, 2.0

A few sub 2 percent years to be sure, including in the first term, and he still got reelected. Which bodes well for Trump.

But my overall question is regarding the continued narrative of a "booming" economy. I don't recall hearing any mention of that term under Obama, when the growth rates, at least in his second term, were fairly similar.  

Again, I'm someone who votes GOP.  

37 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

So, if my calculations are correct, the four quarters for 2019 were 3.1, 2.0, 2.1, 2.1...…..for an annual average of 2.325%.

A few sub 2 percent years to be sure, including in the first term, and he still got reelected. Which bodes well for Trump.

But my overall question is regarding the continued narrative of a "booming" economy. I don't recall hearing any mention of that term under Obama, when the growth rates, at least in his second term, were fairly similar.  

My comment was in regards to the campaign rhetoric leading up to the 2016 election. 

I remember all my trump supporting friends not willing to recognize that the unemployment was around 5.5 percent which is a pretty good number especially considering how bad it was after the recession. 

They would claim the real number was 30 percent because that's what they were being told by their sources, but that number included elderly and handicapped and children, etc etc, all people who weren't supposed to be working anyway. 

Within months of trumps inauguration he was bragging about unemployment as if he had anything to do with it.

My comment was a reference to how long it will take after a Democrat is elected for them to switch back to using the bull**** numbers instead of the real ones.

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

My comment was a reference to how long it will take after a Democrat is elected for them to switch back to using the bull**** numbers instead of the real ones.

Yep, I quoted your comment because I thought you captured the inconsistency and selectively of folks when it comes to numbers...….I agree with you. 

Advanced issue found

55 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Within months of trumps inauguration he was bragging about unemployment as if he had anything to do with it.

I believe it was the first week of February Trump and Fox News started to celebrate the booming economy and lower unemployment. Maybe three weeks?

They weren't even high winds. Gusts up to 37 MPH.
Oh my!
They don't even issue wind advisories for that unless it sustains that much and gusts up to 50 or so.

the wall has about as much backbone as the average republican senator.

~Bang

5 hours ago, hail2skins said:

This is a very interesting concept to me.  Not only did Obama not claim the economy was booming, he really avoided mentioning it that it was making significant gains because people would complain that they, personally, weren't feeling the gains.  So he'd make factual claims like the unemployment rate was falling, but he'd also caveat that by saying people were still very anxious about the economy to assuage those people.  So he made speeches like his last SOTU in 2016, where he first said the unemployment rate was falling and the auto industry had its best year ever, but then, so people didn't get upset, had to note that some people are still really anxious, income levels weren't increasing very fast, and automation was eliminating jobs for regular folks:

All these trends have squeezed workers, even when they have jobs; even when the economy is growing. It’s made it harder for a hardworking family to pull itself out of poverty, harder for young people to start their careers, tougher for workers to retire when they want to. And although none of these trends are unique to America, they do offend our uniquely American belief that everybody who works hard should get a fair shot.

For the past seven years, our goal has been a growing economy that works also better for everybody. We’ve made progress. But we need to make more. And despite all the political arguments that we’ve had these past few years, there are actually some areas where Americans broadly agree.

During 2016, Trump was CONSTANTLY claiming that the same economy was a dumpster fire, and he was on all media all the time, so it sunk in.  Then he became President and POOF, booming economy overnight.  And he said it over and over and over, and it sunk in.

TL; DR - Simply saying the economy is booming will get people to believe it.  Confidence is infectious, I guess even if it's misplaced.  

Archived