Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanksgiving in Dallas 2016

TheGreatBuzz

Dallas runs the ball well, but from what I see that isn't what is making the biggest difference.  It's those short passes by Dak that end up going for a lot of YAC.  Jason Garrett has designed an offense to protect the rookie QB.  Kudos to him, that is what you should do as a coach.  However the way you stop their offense is tackling those ball carries at the point of their catches.  Do not let a 3 yard pass turn into an 8 yard gain.

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Dallas runs the ball well, but from what I see that isn't what is making the biggest difference.  It's those short passes by Dak that end up going for a lot of YAC.  Jason Garrett has designed an offense to protect the rookie QB.  Kudos to him, that is what you should do as a coach.  However the way you stop their offense is tackling those ball carries at the point of their catches.  Do not let a 3 yard pass turn into an 8 yard gain.

Yea but stopping that type of thing hasn't exactly been our strong point.

Now, this is a rumor that I'm making up... but I just overheard John Mara on his cell phone in New York. He was mad, literally jumping up and down mad. I didn't get all of it, but this is what I heard him say.

"No, you listen to me, Roger. It's not all right. I'm ****ing pissed. ****ing pissed! Next year, you are going to schedule the Redskins on an away game on Monday night in freaking London and then an away game on Thanksgiving! I don't care how it looks. I said I don't care. Now, as for the samples I keep giving you for these random drug tests... I want more positives, Roger! I don't care if we have to test clean players every week! You are going to do it. You are going to find something if I have to write up the damn test results myself!"

If New England can cheat you better damn well believe I'll do them one better!"

It really is a shame the way they scheduled us because we actually have a built-in excuse that has validity.

What we can be thankful for is that the team walked out of FedEx last night relatively unscathed.  What does concern me is a guy like Moses who is already playing through a ton of pain having to strap them up 3 days after battle.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Of course.  Going for a week and only brought one non-Redskins shirt.  And it's a burgundy dress shirt in case we go somewhere nice.

:ols:My mom always laughs when I come home because she always made me wear dresses and business suits in HS... I make a point to wear nothing but Redskins gear when I go home, then I go buy more stuff from there, because I can't get it here. 

You're well-done.  HTTR!

Me and the houston crew will be in the house tailgating and frying up some turkeys...... Blue lot 10.....last year was awesome.... My buddy has had the same tailgate spot for years.  He camps out the night before to get his spot across from walmart.  

Dedication. 

Look for this guy

FB_IMG_1450887384909.jpg

My wife got me tix to the 2012 Thanksgiving game for my birthday. We had an amazing time. Dallas is a great city with tons to do even on Thanksgiving weekend. 

the staidum is gorgeous and makes me jealous. I can't imagine playing in something half that glorious one day. To accurately describe it, imagine the scene from Independence Day when Will Smith is getting his newspaper and notices the entire block is moving out and then he sees the shot of the UFO over the valley and is just stunned. That's what it's like to see the stadium.

Inside has amazing sight lines anywhere, tons of waking space, restaurants and bars. It's nice they just slide open the endzone walls and let you walk in once through the gate. They kept it open for the 2012 game since it was 70 and beautiful outside. It's much louder inside than i expected too.  

Like I said, we had an amazing time and I'm sure you will too. 

11 hours ago, THUNDERDOME said:

Me and the houston crew will be in the house tailgating and frying up some turkeys...... Blue lot 10.....last year was awesome.... My buddy has had the same tailgate spot for years.  He camps out the night before to get his spot across from walmart.  

Dedication. 

Save some for the wife and I.  We will be by.

Archived