Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanksgiving in Dallas 2016

TheGreatBuzz

Wanted to start a thread regarding our game in Dallas and see if anyone else was going.  We can also use this to share info.  

My wife and I will be flying on the Tuesday before the game and leaving the Sunday after.  We plan on going to the Redskins Rally on Wednesday.  We went to one in Atlanta and had a great time.  Other than that we will probably do Six Flags, the grassy knoll, and just drink a lot.

Dont know if any one is planning a tailgate the day of.  If they are, we can contribute some $$$ towards it.  We will be sitting in section 136.

if anyone else is going, let me know.  Or if you have suggestions or any other info to share.

HTTR.

rally-6-atDAL.jpg

I'll be at there, section 452! I won't be going up to Arlington until Thursday morning though. I've always wanted to go the rally in Dallas, as I went to the Atlanta rally last year also, and been to the one in Houston and had some great times even if they're always packed on the road. I thought the upper level was going to collapse at the rally with all the Redskins fans there in Atlanta lol. I'll be there with family, and will be eating out somewhere in Arlington before the game, so we won't be tailgating. Have a good time! AT&T Stadium is its own world with how huge it is.

38 minutes ago, RedskinsFanInSanAntonio said:

I'll be at there, section 452! I won't be going up to Arlington until Thursday morning though. I've always wanted to go the rally in Dallas, as I went to the Atlanta rally last year also, and been to the one in Houston and had some great times even if they're always packed on the road. I thought the upper level was going to collapse at the rally with all the Redskins fans there in Atlanta lol. I'll be there with family, and will be eating out somewhere in Arlington before the game, so we won't be tailgating. Have a good time! AT&T Stadium is its own world with how huge it is.

I was on the upper level in Atlanta also.  Probably ran into you there at some point.

29 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Say hello to Blondie for me. 

I would have been there if not for my brother taking on turkey day. 

Have a blast. 

Who is Blondie?

One thing about this Rally, get there early. Like hours early. It's one of the bigger rooms the team does these at, but it also gets slammed packed. As is Fire Code packed. Last one I went to at Champps there was a wait outside to get in because they were at capacity. 

5 hours ago, TK said:

One thing about this Rally, get there early. Like hours early. It's one of the bigger rooms the team does these at, but it also gets slammed packed. As is Fire Code packed. Last one I went to at Champps there was a wait outside to get in because they were at capacity. 

Good to know.  when we went to the one in Atlanta we got there 2 hours early and they wouldn't let us in because the area was still being used by regular customers.  but then when it was our time it was just a huge rush so people that had just got there rushed past us.  I was pretty pissed.

Edit:  so where do I find this Blondie tail gate?  not trying to walk around the whole stadium playing Marco Polo.

5 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Whatever happened to her? Did she drop out once Rock Cartwright became a Raider?

She went to another Redskins board. I hadn't posted there in so long they purged my account. I checked the other day. 

EDIT: Just checked that board she hasn't posted there for four years. So...no idea. 

I live in this area, planned to go to this game as I usually go when the Redskins are in town. The flipping ticket prices to this game are nuts, in August when Romo got hurt I could have had near 50 yard line 400 level visitor seats for $60 now I'm looking at 4 bills a seat before Christmas? I can't afford that.

Enjoy the time guys, we always show love when your in town. It will be a great game and I will wish I was with you guys. If anyone ends up with an extra ticket let me know, will meet you anywhere!

3 hours ago, bobandweave said:

I live in this area, planned to go to this game as I usually go when the Redskins are in town. The flipping ticket prices to this game are nuts, in August when Romo got hurt I could have had near 50 yard line 400 level visitor seats for $60 now I'm looking at 4 bills a seat before Christmas? I can't afford that.

Enjoy the time guys, we always show love when your in town. It will be a great game and I will wish I was with you guys. If anyone ends up with an extra ticket let me know, will meet you anywhere!

My wife and I try to do one game a year and wanted to do it big this year since I'll be gone for the next 3 years.  The cost definetly surprised me though.  I think it was around $1400 for the two tickets and we still had to pay airfare and hotel and whatnot.  holy crap!!

Just FYI for anyone going, I've been there four times (got a baby now so I can't this year).  The fans are, in a word, outstanding.  Some gentle ribbing, but nothing like out of state Cowboys fans who can't find Texas on a map of Texas.  Good people, good sports in wins or losses (I was there for the Cover 0 game and the 2012 Thanksgiving), and I'd feel comfortable bringing a kid there.  Nothing like Philly.

Posting this in case anyone's on the fence due to the idea of a bad stadium experience.

29 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

NC21, I've always heard incredible things about Texas Cowboy fans. I really need to get down there for a game. 

Definitely.  If you can forget the fact that it's Cowboy Stadium, the place really is gorgeous.  It'll make you want a new stadium even more.

On 11/17/2016 at 0:44 PM, NewCliche21 said:

Just FYI for anyone going, I've been there four times (got a baby now so I can't this year).  The fans are, in a word, outstanding.  Some gentle ribbing, but nothing like out of state Cowboys fans who can't find Texas on a map of Texas.  Good people, good sports in wins or losses (I was there for the Cover 0 game and the 2012 Thanksgiving), and I'd feel comfortable bringing a kid there.  Nothing like Philly.

Posting this in case anyone's on the fence due to the idea of a bad stadium experience.

I went last season for the first time.  I only got ribbed a little by the airport shuttle driver but that's about it.  Got into some good conversations with Dallas fans.  Ironically, the DMV Dallas fans I've found to be much more hostile then the ones at AT & T stadium.   I stayed in Fort Worth and there were a slew of people wearing Redskins gear.  Conversely, years ago I went to a road game against the Giants -- I survived it but I found the fans there much more hostile then the ones in Dallas.  I haven't dared to go to a road game in Philly, yet.

Archived