Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf

tshile

59 minutes ago, zoony said:

Funny you mention that, i got a new putter for my bday and really like it.  Have only used it twice rhough.  Its an Odyssey Works i found on clearance... oversize grips.  I really like it

bring it to bed with you for a few weeks

it'll repay the favor

;)

1 hour ago, zoony said:

I struggle with two things, neither of which are helped by putting at home.  Reading a putt and lag.

Same here.

Don't get me wrong, i usually read the put correctly.

I just don't know how. I just look at it. I don't know what i'm doing. I just guess and am usually right.

Where I really struggle is anything uphill by any significant amount. i never hit it hard enough. nothing more embarrassing than leaving a 20 foot putt 10 feet short. you look like a sissy.

8 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

you have a link for it?  is it something that works only for hardwood floors?

No...I bought 'em at a golf shop in the mid-90s.  Just 6 feet long, maybe 2 feet wide strips of astroturf.  What I liked (that others have mentioned) is that the cup was raised a little, so there was just the slightest incline, which made you "push" the ball just a little to make that teensy hill...it also had this optical illusion visual around the cup that made it look real. *This was great 20 years ago.* :)

USA won the solheim cup over the weekend. Was fun to watch.

Thompson's match was amazing both watching her come back, then watching Nordqvisk come back with that shot on 18... if it had just a bit more to it she would have holed out and ended it with her approach.

• 1 month later...

I'll get this out of the way and on to more important things:

Playing va beach national Saturday, should be fun :)

Got my irons lie adjust 3 degrees down from spec (some were 1 up, net change is 4 for those) it's night and day my ability to hit the ball

Now, the more important stuff

Presidents cup starts tomorrow. Our team looks stacked.

We're 9-1-1 in this event. I don't get why this is an event. USA vs Europe I get. I'd get vs any other geographical Group. Usa vs the world is just over the top pretentious for me but whatever. 

• 8 months later...
37 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Tiger and Lefty absolutely charging out of the gate at the Memorial this morning!

Enjoying it right now. It's just more fun with them.

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

You know Feherty’s show has been on too long when his guests this week are Steve Pate and Scott McCarron.

Very true. I'm wondering if Shaun Mcheel and Todd Hamilton will soon be on. Hell could use a Ben Curtis sighting. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I love it.  The US Open is supposed to be the most difficult tournament in the world.  No feel good birdies out there.  

That's totally fine but no one wants to watch 0 birdies.  Like people are playing just to get bogeys, thats not fun

59 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

This thread is almost 2 years old and only 9 pages.  You know why?

Golf is dumb.

Clearly you haven't played.  

I run a golf pool for each major and this has been by far the worst.  It was actually better for your golfer to miss the cut vs playing the entire weekend. 

Edited by skinfan2k
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Clearly you haven't played.

Actually my comment comes with a little bit of jealousy.  A few years ago, I decided to take up golf.  Bought a cheap set of Walmart clubs.  Like the 3rd time at the driving range (having no clue what I was doing) I swung and my shoulder popped out of the socket.  Haven't touched it since.  But now it takes hardly anything for my shoulder to pop out.  I really need to go to medical and get it looked at.

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Actually my comment comes with a little bit of jealousy.  A few years ago, I decided to take up golf.  Bought a cheap set of Walmart clubs.  Like the 3rd time at the driving range (having no clue what I was doing) I swung and my shoulder popped out of the socket.  Haven't touched it since.  But now it takes hardly anything for my shoulder to pop out.  I really need to go to medical and get it looked at.

Yeah man golf is not easy.  I laugh at people who dont think its not a sport.  also u will notice a massive difference between cheap and good clubs. The goal is not to swing violent. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Yeah man golf is not easy.  I laugh at people who dont think its not a sport.  also u will notice a massive difference between cheap and good clubs. The goal is not to swing violent. 

Yea the day my shoulder went, I was actually doing a thing where Nike was trying to sell custom clubs.  So I got to actually hit good clubs for a bit.  I still sucked but not as much.  

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:54 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

Tiger and Lefty absolutely charging out of the gate at the Memorial this morning!

For those who follow the remaining burning embers of whatever Tiger-Lefty rivalry there is and matters, how does Tiger miss the cut and manage to come out looking better than Phil this weekend? WTF is Mickelson thinking today with that "putt the ball while its moving" nonsense?  What would compare to that in other sports?

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm weird.  I've really enjoyed watching the tour crash and burn against this terrible course.  It's absurd and extreme and it's fun because the stakes are so high on every single tee shot.

Funny though that the tee shots are relatively easy for the most part, it’s the approach shots on this course. The green complexes are just insane on a lot of holes. These guys are the best in the world at a very difficult game, but when that wind blows, shots into some of these greens are a crap shoot, at best.

I think that was what was going on in Phil’s mind yesterday. He’s never shied away from calling out the USGA on its setup of Open courses. He maintains that it doesn’t really get the BEST golfer as champion, just the best survivor. Not sure I fully agree with his argument, but I can see some merits in it.

Myself, being a competitive golfer for over 4 decades, I’d love to play Shinne**** once, just to say I did, but I doubt I’d enjoy it much, especially if the wind were blowing. Played The Ocean Course years ago on a day where the wind blew 15-25 mph steady. Hit the ball pretty well, shot 91. Beautiful course, wind ruined my day.