Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cancer Sucks

btfoom

On 11/23/2016 at 0:21 PM, rictus58 said:

I don't think that was Mr. Pink's daughter. That's just copy/pasted from the website.

Yes, that was not my daughter. That was a widely circulated news story that I found touching. My daughter is fine. 

This is the first time in this thread since I posted that. Sorry for any confusion. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/20/entertainment/jeopardy-contestant-dies-boyfriend-trnd-cnntv/index.html

For an Jeopardy fans, the above link is sad, I didnt expect it. I will be watching Jeopardy closer and a little sadder tonight. 

On 12/19/2016 at 4:06 PM, daveakl said:

Just got the text from the wife.

It's all good!!! No changes!!

Not going to lie.  I saw this last night and teared up to the point that I couldn't reply.  I had to walk away.  I am SOOO happy for you and your family.  I hope and pray that this is the road to complete health for her.  I hope you also had a nice drink to her health.  Sounds like the BEST Christmas present you could have asked for.

2 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Yes, that was not my daughter. That was a widely circulated news story that I found touching. My daughter is fine. 

This is the first time in this thread since I posted that. Sorry for any confusion. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/20/entertainment/jeopardy-contestant-dies-boyfriend-trnd-cnntv/index.html

For an Jeopardy fans, the above link is sad, I didnt expect it. I will be watching Jeopardy closer and a little sadder tonight. 

It was such a touching picture, but I am so glad that it isn't your daughter (doesn't take away from the pain, but I'm glad your girl is healthy.  Another thing to toast to this year.

As for my wife, today she had her last surgery (to finalize her breast reconstruction).  It went as well as could have been expected and she will be up and around in a couple days.  She feels fine and the last blood test shows that the chemo was doing its job and she is in great shape.  Thanks to all here for your thoughts and prayers.  It will be an issue for the rest of her (long) life, but hopefully will always be something that she beat.

8 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

My father in law passed away Sunday from cancer. He was diagnosed on November 4th. 

He he lived with my wife and I. He was a good man. He went peacefully and quickly in the hospital. 

The nurses and techs that took care of him are special people. 

Sorry for your family's loss. 

While Not the level of Cancer others here have had to deal with, I had a melanoma removed in September this year.

In July 2015, my wife noticed an odd mole on my neck/high shoulder area. Took me another year to get it looked at. I had one cancerous mole, and two pre-cancerous moles removed. So now I have two wicked scars, and I'll be seeing a dermatologist 4x a year for the next 3 years. Get those moles looked at folks.

My mother also had a bout with Colon cancer earlier this year. One which left her near death after the surgery to remove it. Get those bum holes looked at if your in the high risk age category.

Thank you for that. His wife passed away three years ago this upcoming January. 

Timing was was so similar to her. Diagnosed in November and gone in January. I've never been with someone when they passed and I'm not religious but seeing the change in the body. 

It's hard to not believe in a soul or a spirit leaving. 

3 hours ago, GoSkinsGo said:

My father in law passed away Sunday from cancer. He was diagnosed on November 4th. 

He he lived with my wife and I. He was a good man. He went peacefully and quickly in the hospital. 

The nurses and techs that took care of him are special people. 

Im sorry to hear about you and your family's loss. You are a good man as well for providing and caring for him until the end. Having elderly family living with you is not easy at all. 

• 4 weeks later...

My wife made this video and showed it to me Friday night.  It's long (21 minutes) but amazing.  Watch some, skip to the end, whatever you want but I thought I would share what a year of cancer looks like.  Not only for the child going through it, but for the family as well.

The 14th of January is our sons birthday.  It also is the same day we found out our middle daughter had a brain tumor.  What we thought would be brain surgery, removal of the tumor, and then back to our normal lives (as if that itself is easy) turned into so much more.  There were literally no symptoms leading to the discovery other then random intense headaches.  This was completely out of the blue and blindsided our entire family of 6.

https://www.kizoa.com/Movie-Maker/d83300744k8662858o1/abby---a-year-with-cancer-2016-

Yes it does.  I have lost my Dad and my big Brother (technically my Uncle) to this and it is horrible.  My Mother passed a few decades ago, due to another driver driving his car pile-driving my moms into a ditch.  She died at a much too young age, and was more traumatic but looking at my own mortality that is a much better way to go than cancer.  It is truly awful.

• 1 month later...

Well, I just spent the last 4 1/2 days in my cancer treatment facility (Moffitt Cancer Research Center) getting 24-7 chemo, this is my first treatment and they say I will do the same thing 5-6 more times which will be followed up by radiation.  Pretty creepy but my wife stayed with me the whole time while the kids were at their aunt's house.

So far just some nausea but I guess my cell counts will go way down over the next couple of days , at least it gets me a free pass to sit on my butt and watch March Madness.

I don't know if we are permitted to post this kind of thing, so I'll delete if need be, but I figure this may be the appropriate thread. I am taking part in a Make-A-Wish challenge in which we will hike 26 miles on May 20th. They want us to raise $2,500 but my goal is $10,000. All donations are appreciated. The link is in my signature should anyone feel so compelled to donate. :)

Archived