Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cancer Sucks

btfoom

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Hopefully you get the same results, @jschuck12001...keep fighting!  How you feeling, btw?

Thanks for asking,

Fortunately they removed the Sarcoma from under my arm about a month ago, unfortunately it had metastasized from my lung which was my first occurrence of cancer back in May 2015, so now we're going full force with chemo and then radiation.

The 1st round was ok, got discharged on Tuesday and by Sat there was no nausea so just dealing with indigestion and some stomach issues.

2nd round of chemo starts on 3/31.

17 minutes ago, daveakl said:

@jschuck12001 our thoughts and prayers are with you. Are you close to Raleigh NC by chance?

Thanks, no I'm in Tampa Florida.  I'm lucky I'm about 30 miles from Moffit Cancer & Research Center, everyone is great there.

Glad to hear your daughter is getting excellent treatment, it was very difficult to watch your video as I have a 10-year-old daughter of my own.

Kids are resilient and fearless, especially our young daughters.

• 1 month later...

(My wife posted this on her facebook page)

May is brain cancer awareness month. This disease is devastating to every child diagnosed and every family affected.

Our May 2016:
5/2: MRI of brain and spine
5/3: Abby turned 6 years old
5/4: Surgery to have external lines placed in her chest
5/11-5/17: 1st round of in-patient chemo
5/17: Surgery to remove external lines and have port placed in chest
5/21-5/26: Back to Duke for neutropenia and fever from chemo

That is one month of treatment, surgeries, traveling, time away from family, and paying for meals/parking/gas. 
 Please help make a difference to those affected and dealing with this diagnosis. Find wish lists and donation links at abbysarmync.com.

@daveakl

came across this thread. My wife is losing her aunt to cancer. Been spending a lot of time thinking about it and life in general.

I'm in tears after watching that video of your daughter's journey with cancer.

Im so very sorry y'all had/have to endure that. But you all seem like a very strong family. And what an admirable little girl. 

I have a large family myself, 3 daughters and two sons. So I know the joy of having that much life and love in day to day life. 

Our prayers will be sent your way. I wish you all a long and prosperous life as a family! There aren't many of us out there (large families) brave enough to take on so many babies! 

5 hours ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

@daveakl

came me across this thread. My wife is losing her aunt to cancer. Been spending a lot of time thinking about it and life in general.

I'm in tears after watching that video of your daughter's journey with cancer.

Im so very sorry y'all had/have to endure that. But you all seem like a very strong family. And what an admirable little girl. 

I have a large family myself, 3 daughters and two sons. So I know the joy of having that much life and love in day to day life. 

Our prayers will be sent your way. I wish you all a long and prosperous life as a family! There aren't many of us out there (large families) brave enough to take on so many babies! 

I'm so sorry to hear that. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Big families are constant chaos. Wouldn't have it any other way. Lol

Man, this thread is tough to read.

My best wishes and prayers go out to anyone who is suffering from cancer or knows someone who is.

My mom lost her second husband to cancer many years ago and it still hurts.

To those battling cancer, keep up the fight.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, daveakl said:

Abby Update: 

Full brain and spine MRI was clean and clear again today!! (September 16, December 16, March 17, July 17 so far)

Next one is in 4 months.

Awesome!...my girl!!!

Hubby's been having to use my car a little, trying to fix a leak in his truck...my keys have an Abby's Army wristband on 'em, and he said he's had to explain the pink(for my mom) and purple to everyone, "Abby's a victim of childhood brain cancer, the NFL is in on it, go to the website", so I hope you're getting some more traffic/donations.

And @jschuck12001...you got this.  I know the chemo is tough...hang in there one last time.  We're here for ya.

On 6/27/2017 at 8:52 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Friend/client of mine just passed from her second bout with breast cancer.  She was a hell of a person, has a dog rescue organization that will continue on.  She was in her 50s.  SMH.

So sorry, you posted about it last week...she passed safely because she did cool stuff here.  Trust me. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I finished my 6th and final round of chemo 2 Saturdays ago and went in for follow up and final scan review today.  All is clear now so I guess I have to white knuckle it for the duration as I will get follow up scans every 3 months.

Back to life as it was.

Thanks for the support.

13 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I finished my 6th and final round of chemo 2 Saturdays ago and went in for follow up and final scan review today.  All is clear now so I guess I have to white knuckle it for the duration as I will get follow up scans every 3 months.

Back to life as it was.

Thanks for the support.

CONGRATULATIONS! 

Archived