Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News, Sexual Harassment, Ailes, O'Reilly, Hannity and minions...

Riggo-toni

In the message, sent to one of his producers in the hours after violent Trump supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, Mr. Carlson described how he had recently watched a video of a group of men — Trump supporters, he said — violently attacking “an Antifa kid.” 

It was “three against one, at least,” he wrote. 

And then he expressed a sense of dismay that the attackers, like him, were white. 

“Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously,” he wrote. 

“It’s not how white men fight,” he said. But he said he found himself for a moment wanting the group to kill the person he had described as the Antifa kid.

• Thumb down 1

Hopefully, more and more damaging messages come out about Tucker and he ends up spewing his nonsense in the fringes a la Alex Jones.  Ideally, he'd get sued into bankruptcy like Jones as well.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Which part was Fox News alarmed about? 

The part where Tucker cheers on the beating?

Or the part where he expresses a tinge of humanity?

Weird if this had anything to do with getting him fired.  The only part I really found offensive is "Its not how white men fight".  Obviously an inherently racist sentiment, but at this point that pretty much describes Fox's audience, management and most of their other "personalities".   Otherwise the statement seems pretty innocuous: just a variant of the "Human's can't control their emotions, but they can control how they act on them" adage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe the part where he openly rooted for the protestor to be harmed and killed?

I feel like he does that regularly though. So why now would it be an issue for Fox? He certainly leads others in that direction if he doesn't outright say it. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I feel like he does that regularly though. So why now would it be an issue for Fox? He certainly leads others in that direction if he doesn't outright say it. 

Check the timestamp on those Tucker thoughts (the ones from above). 🙂

Wonder what else was happening that day? 🤔 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Check the timestamp on those Tucker thoughts (the ones from above). 🙂

Wonder what else was happening that day? 🤔 

Oh. I had not noticed that. That does change things a bit 

58 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe the part where he openly rooted for the protestor to be harmed and killed?

I didn't see that anywhere that he "openly" rooted.  Just that he admitted he rooted for something to happen.  This can just as easily be an emotional response internally that isn't necessarily expressed openly.  Kind of like how a little voice in my head roots for anyone I see with a star on their shirt to spill their beer slip in it and fall on their face.  Doesn't mean I was actively cheering for it...just my gut emotional response.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I didn't see that anywhere that he "openly" rooted.  Just that he admitted he rooted for something to happen.  This can just as easily be an emotional response internally that isn't necessarily expressed openly.  Kind of like how a little voice in my head roots for anyone I see with a star on their shirt to spill their beer slip in it and fall on their face.  Doesn't mean I was actively cheering for it...just my gut emotional response.

How poignant, as I am right now reading “The Righteous Mind”, where the author (a professor of psychology) is maintaining that emotional responses are immediate, and then thought and reasoning take over afterwards.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thumb up 1

FOX new that if those texts came out during the defamation case, it would have been much worse for them...so, much like Snyder suddenly firing half his execs before the WP stories came out, Murdoch wanted the pretense of plausible deniability and punted Tucker to the curb, and settled with Dominion before he was made to testify about them and for the texts and his comments on them were officially made part of the record. No matter how you want to believe that his comments echo what 95% of his viewing audience feel, having a slogan of "We proudly hire racists who root for the death of black people" is not gonna help your stock prices lol...don't fool yourselves into thinking otherwise.

26 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

FOX new that if those texts came out during the defamation case, it would have been much worse for them...so, much like Snyder suddenly firing half his execs before the WP stories came out, Murdoch wanted the pretense of plausible deniability and punted Tucker to the curb, and settled with Dominion before he was made to testify about them and for the texts and his comments on them were officially made part of the record. No matter how you want to believe that his comments echo what 95% of his viewing audience feel, having a slogan of "We proudly hire racists who root for the death of black people" is not gonna help your stock prices lol...don't fool yourselves into thinking otherwise.

Well, they're still going to have to deal with it all in Smartmatic case.  I imagine they'll settle that as well because they still don't want to testify.

• Like 1