Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News, Sexual Harassment, Ailes, O'Reilly, Hannity and minions...

Riggo-toni

A Republican spokesman, trying to get ahead of the news cycle on a crime which he, himself, is knowingly committing. by accusing the other side of doing it?  

Where can I find an image of someone obviously pretending to be shocked at this news that he knew was coming?  

Oh.  I know!  

tucker-carlson-1024x534.jpg?fit=1&resize

• Haha 1

Voting technology company Smartmatic subpoenas Trump campaign as part of $2.7 billion lawsuit against Fox News

The voting technology company Smartmatic has subpoenaed Donald Trump’s 2020 presidential campaign for a wide array of documents as part of its $2.7 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News over its airing of election lies.

The subpoena, which was issued in April and made public in a court filing on Tuesday, requires the Trump campaign to turn over documents related to Smartmatic, Fox News, and the allegations of fraud the campaign falsely made about the 2020 election.

Although the subpoena does not need court approval, the potential for legal wrangling over it hasn’t yet begun. Once served, the Trump campaign can fight it in court. A judge could then quash it, narrow its scope or let it stand.

CNN reached out to Trump’s 2024 campaign for comment and was directed to the 2020 campaign. It was unclear who, if anyone, was still affiliated with the 2020 campaign.

As part of the ongoing legal process, Smartmatic has also issued other notable subpoenas, including former Attorney General Bill Barr, who served in the Trump administration, in July 2022.

Lachlan Murdoch, the chief executive of Fox Corporation, the parent company of the right-wing channel Fox News, said on Tuesday that the company will fight Smartmatic’s lawsuit.

Click on the link for the full article

Former DHS disinformation expert sues Fox News for defamation

An expert who once oversaw a Department of Homeland Security disinformation board filed a defamation suit Wednesday against Fox News, her lawyer said.

Nina Jankowicz said in the suit, filed in Delaware state court, that she was subjected to violent threats because of Fox News’ portrayal of her and her role, which included insults made on the network.

“Fox’s coverage of Jankowicz was neither news nor political commentary; it was cheap, easy entertainment untethered from the facts, designed to make consumers believe that Jankowicz could and would suppress their speech,” her attorneys wrote in the suit. “Fox chose to lie about Jankowicz deliberately.”

Fox News did not immediately respond to a request for comment Wednesday.

Jankowicz, an author and an expert in disinformation, was appointed executive director of DHS board, which was created in late April 2022. It was an internal working group within the agency with no authority, the suit says.

The board's work was paused just weeks later, on May 18, and Jankowicz resigned.

She said at the time that the board’s purpose was to ensure that DHS followed best practices in combatting disinformation while protecting Americans’ freedom of speech, privacy and civil liberties.

Comments on Fox News portrayed her as censoring Americans' speech, the suit argues. She was called "unhinged” and a "Minister of Truth" in an apparent reference to George Orwell's dystopian world in "Nineteen Eighty-Four," the suit says.

The lawsuit included screenshots of comments on Gab and another website, Patriots.win, in which people reacted to Fox broadcasts with comments like “time to kill them all.” Tweets said she should be executed.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

Well, I've read through the filing, and if even half of it is true, Rudy's done.  The filing says she has recordings, so that'll be the big ticket item to confirm her story.  If there are recordings, and they say what she claims, again Rudy is done.

Edit:  Not to mention there are a couple of texts in that filing, and the FBI already has Rudy's phone and text records.  I have to imagine the DOJ has Rudy lined up for a myriad of charges, assuming they ever get off their asses and do something.

Edited by China
  • Thumb up 2

19 minutes ago, China said:

Well, I've read through the filing, and if even half of it is true, Rudy's done.  The filing says she has recordings, so that'll be the big ticket item to confirm her story.  If there are recordings, and they say what she claims, again Rudy is done.

"Ms. Dunphy was given access to emails from, to, or concerning President Trump, the Trump family (including emails from Donald Trump, Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump), Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, former FBI director Louis Freeh, Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow, Secretaries of State, former aides to President Trump such as Steve Bannon, Reince Priebus, and Kellyanne Conway, former Attorneys General Michael Mukasey and Jeff Sessions, media figures such as Rupert Murdoch, Sean Hannity, and Tucker Carlson"

Rubbing Hands GIF by Giphy QA

• Haha 2

By the way, I have no idea if this means anything at all in any way lol...but apparently someone made some photos of this woman and Rudy together into NFTs. 😂  They are just photos, not made into art or anything, and apparently the person is Asian because all the text is in Chinese or Japanese If there's a difference. But it's a weird thing to have turned into NFTs a year and a half before this suit came out...unless the date I saw was the date the person started the account and not the date they uploaded the pics.

EDIT: Ok, I had to go figure out how to work that site I was on lol...apparently they were uploaded at least a year ago. And apparently these  photos, along with some Trump photos, are the only things this person uploaded as NFTs. It's just kind of bizarre to me for some reason...I'm assuming nobody knew who she was before now. Right? Or is it just me who didn't know lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1