Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Supreme Court, and abortion.

Larry

4 minutes ago, thegreaterbuzzette said:

Huh? Sex with protection/safe sex, same thing. What are these semantics you are questioning?

None, i had to reread what you said.  But i stand by my point that if you make clear why your making certain points sooner i and others might agree with you sooner. I went and made the edit.

Edited by Renegade7

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's what i said, and 23%? GTFOH, my brain just doesn't want to believe that

Whenever I think people can't be that stupid, I look around the internet and go "ooooh...." (Not here.  Talking about reddit and Cowboys message board)

As an aside, some of the ridiculous condom dum-dums may not be prevalent, but the 99.8% success rate of condom probably assumes that all the checklist items are performed, even the ones designed to prevent the one in a million scenario.  So lab results may be 99.8%, but real world results will be lower than that. 

The central point being (regardless of statistics and actual numbers) abortion isn't always a result of some irresponsible people throwing caution to the wind.  Even people who take multiple precautions can have unwanted pregnancy.  Heck, even surgical options are not fail proof right?  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

90% chance of rain. Does not mean that you will get rain in your area. It means 90% of the viewing area. 

Stats are funny like that. 

One of the ones I like, is when the weather app on my phone tells me that the chance of rain is

70% at 12

70% at 1

70% at 2

70% at 3

70% at 4

And 70% for the day. 

• Like 1

I saw this photo many years ago and since then I have been an advocate for women's bodily autonomy. This is a police photo of Gerri Santoro who died of a self induced abortion in 1964. We can never go back to this. Females will get abortions legal or not. And if people think that these draconian laws will stop abortions, they are fooling themselves.

For Gerri and every female who died from an illegal abortion, I say I am so sorry and I continue to advocate and work for women's bodily autonomy.

Caption from photo: "Gerri Santoro died from a self-performed abortion before it became legal. Her tragedy catalyzed a movement, but we can never forget her, or go backwards."

Edited by Destino
Picture edited out.
  • Sad 1

@LadySkinsFan I know this is a deeply important and personal issue for you, but there's no way that picture would be within the bounds of what is permissible here.  Please post a nsfw link or at least put it in spoilers.  Kids come to this site.  That's really not appropriate for this forum.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That feels not taking my last paragraph seriously at all.  If two adults agree to have consensual sex without contraceptive but neither want a kid and she gets pregnant anyway, should the guy get charged?  That feels different them someone taking the condom off without saying anything, which is wrong as hell.

There's a difference between not wanting to have a baby, having sex, and the result being a baby and being told to have sex that you have to do X (wear a condom, pull out early (though if you pull out early is it really sex?), etc.) and failing to do it.

In the later case, you end up doing something to somebody that they don't want done and you've been asked/told not to do.

Edited by PeterMP

I find it laughable that this forum puts up with dick talk and misogynistic prattle on a daily basis. When something is so outrageous that it shouldn't be tolerated, I report it. I have asked that this discourse be made part of the rules but am ignored. 

What I definitely object to is males pontificating on what rules should be in place to restrict female bodily autonomy while they wouldn't stand for it themselves. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

There's a difference between not wanting to have a baby, having sex, and the result being a baby and being told to have sex that you have to do X (wear a condom, pull out early (though if you pull out early is it really sex?), etc.) and failing to do it.

In the assault case, you end up doing something to somebody that they don't want done and you've been asked/told not to do.

WTF, of course it's sex if you go raw and pull out early.  

I think you have to be really carefully saying not pulling out is sexual assault, if you're that adamant that you would file changes for not pulling out, should the woman have made him wore a condom in the first place?  With my ex, she had an IUD and eventually asked me to stop cumming in her, which I did.  There was a few times before we broke up where we did anyway heat of the moment and she was cool with it, I don't know how I would feel about her all the sudden saying she really didn't want to and I got hauled to jail.  We eventually started beefing, obviously since we broke up, but still had sex a couple times before we finally did.  I can see where you'd want to protect women from men just doing it anyway, party foul and all, I just don't know how you do deal with once it gets very grey after that.

I don't see what that has to do with abortion, though, any word on any court challenges yet or filed suits?

Edited by Renegade7

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That's what i said, and 23%? GTFOH, my brain just doesn't want to believe that

Its things like this that reinforce to me that most people are stupid

occasionally I start to wonder if I’m just a jerk that’s overly pessimistic and have serious concerns about that, then I read stuff like this and it’s a huge relief. I’m right. There are just a lot of dumb people running around. 

• Like 1

Actually, those CDC stats I posted earlier really taught me some things.  I didn't want to believe them, myself.  

According to them, if 100 couples use male condoms as their sole method of birth control, for a year, 18 of them will have an unintended pregnancy.  

I would have thought that if 100 couples used no contraception at all, you wouldn't get 18 pregnancies in a year.  I'd always thought that pregnancy was tougher to achieve than that.   Especially it the couple is not intentionally trying to time things to achieve pregnancy.  

But then, it's a topic where my assumptions are based on even less real world knowledge than most of my assumptions.  

I certainly learned something that I should have already known.  

Might be a sign that we need more/better sex education.  (Or at least that I do.)