Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

20 hours ago, btfoom said:

First, my comment was in reference to all the crap I got last year when early on I said Holtby wasn't elite.

I agree with your assessment 100%.  He's playing too much and I think it affects him mentally more than physically.

Oh, I know what your comment was in reference to lol.

He is elite.  He's not playing like it.  That's different than not being elite.

17 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Just because we don't have an NHL thread to post this in, but Kesler ate one last night...

I don't be like when the linesmen grab and try to separate the guys, then let go when one guy is winding up. Looked to me like Kessler had pretty much accepted no figt was going to happen. Dino throws the uppercut right as the linesman steps away. Do I should get his the next time they play. 

Surprised we let a crap team like Florida hang around but that third period explosion was hilarious. Luongo was playing out of his mind for 2 periods though and everyone at the game was very upset at the way the Capitals were sleepwalking. Then third period it all goes off. Good win. 5 straight now. 

If the Caps are all in this year, they are going to need to upgrade the 3C. They should be willing to part with a really good piece or two because you just can't have a 3C with no assists in 11 games. To me, that is a huge missing piece to make a run to the Cup. I have no idea who will be available but that's what I would be looking at.  

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

If the Caps are all in this year, they are going to need to upgrade the 3C. They should be willing to part with a really good piece or two because you just can't have a 3C with no assists in 11 games. To me, that is a huge missing piece to make a run to the Cup. I have no idea who will be available but that's what I would be looking at.  

Eller is the current 3C, right?

7 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Perhaps, but we're only 11 games in.  Eller is new, and I think giving him more time to settle would be best.  He should be able to improve.  We invested enough in him that more should be expected, but also more time should be afforded to him.

Well, I watched the game last night.  Why in the hell can't we ever beat San Jose?  We have literally lost 21 of our past 24 meetings. 

Embarrassing that Jones has now shut us out at home two consecutive years. 

I could tell we were going to lose by the end of the 1st period.  SJ was starting to fore-check and it was bothering us.  They were clogging the sideboards up and we couldn't clear.  They poured it on in the 2nd period.  It was just a matter of time.

Hope we never meet them in a SC.  We'd get swept.

We got lucky.  We played not to lose.  We turtled, trying to hold on to a 2-1 lead against one of the best goal scoring teams in the league.  One thing that bothers me is our inability to win face-offs in the last minute to ice a game.  We somehow lose a ton of face-offs when we are holding on.

3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

We got lucky.  We played not to lose.  We turtled, trying to hold on to a 2-1 lead against one of the best goal scoring teams in the league.  One thing that bothers me is our inability to win face-offs in the last minute to ice a game.  We somehow lose a ton of face-offs when we are holding on.

Love ya man, but you need to enjoy the moment.  Caps beat one of the best teams in the league, on the road, and really were the better side all game long.  Nice tip near the end to put it into OT, but they dominated the 3v3.  Savor the nice win.  

14 hours ago, btfoom said:

Love ya man, but you need to enjoy the moment.  Caps beat one of the best teams in the league, on the road, and really were the better side all game long.  Nice tip near the end to put it into OT, but they dominated the 3v3.  Savor the nice win.  

I know.  I jumped out of my chair when Mojo roofed it in OT.  I would say they outplayed them the first two periods, but we went into a shell in the third and tried to hold on against the hottest team in the league.  We should have kept our foot down in the 3rd to get the 3-1 lead.  We did outplay them in OT.  Not saying they didn't deserve the win, just that we were lucky we didn't blow it.  It was just some observations I've noticed about Trotz's  style when having a one goal lead.  It is a nice win on the road against a really good team.

Archived