Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

MAN.... what a wrister by OVI... that was at least 90 mph

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It's always funny when a goalie doesn't see a shot that misses everything. If you are watching you may have noticed Holtby not see one. 

I notice that with him early in the season.  Then as the season goes on he gets more comfortable and sits deeper in the crease.  What's your take?

Vesey had not business scoring that.  He goes down too early the first month or so.  I swear he's done it every year.  His angles in the crease are off and he goes down too early.  Once he gets into the flow he's elite, but early on he's good for a stinker or three.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

MAN.... what a wrister by OVI... that was at least 90 mph

I notice that with him early in the season.  Then as the season goes on he gets more comfortable and sits deeper in the crease.  What's your take?

Just flat out not seeing a puck cause of a really good play by the offensive player or bad luck with a defenseman skating right into your angle on the puck.

47 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Holtby does not look outstanding tonight

I missed the barrage to change it from 2-0 to 3-2. 

Still don't love the bottom 6. Wasn't there a good scorer in Hershey that you thought we be up this season? 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I missed the barrage to change it from 2-0 to 3-2. 

Still don't love the bottom 6. Wasn't there a good scorer in Hershey that you thought we be up this season? 

Jakub Vrana?

He's being groomed for the top 6 brother.  I think this organization is going to be hesitant to move a forward up to play bottom 6 any time soon after what happened with Wilson.

Holtby let in 3 on 5 shots.  It was awful.

Oilers will be a handful with a solid tender, a sold defense corps, and that speed up front with some brute (Lucic) mixed in.  Caps were flat in the 2nd again, and it cost them.  Talbot was en fuego last night, easily could have scored 5-7 goals if he wasn't great. Sanford, Orlov, Kuzy, Burakovsky, Oshie all got robbed/missed the net. It's early, and the Oilers are good.

Forgot there was a game on last night. The least surprising thing I saw this morning is the changing of the lines which including reuniting 8 and 19. Cool to see that Wilson was moved up to the 2nd line and it paid off for a game. Good to get the win of course. 

7 hours ago, Hersh said:

Forgot there was a game on last night. The least surprising thing I saw this morning is the changing of the lines which including reuniting 8 and 19. Cool to see that Wilson was moved up to the 2nd line and it paid off for a game. Good to get the win of course. 

Watched the first two periods in and out of sleep. I think I'm starting to get that "old dude" thing with these night games.

I actually woke up again in the 3rd and it was still 3-2 us, so we must've had a couple that we put in quickly.

For me, even early in the season (but especially later), any Western Conference wins are good ones.

We need to stay the course and ensure that we work on these indirect passes and throwing at the open ice.  We're going to make the playoffs, but we need to make sure we're a better playoff team when we get there.

Also, at least right now, Gruby is better than Holtby.  I know Braden starts slowly, but he needs to un**** himself.  He's a veteran and a Vezina winner now and that stuff just isn't going to cut it.  What are you seeing with him?

Archived