Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

• 2 weeks later...

I wish Zoony's Browns thread was still up in the stadium. I'd bump it tonight just to post this:

Browns.jpg.f8c563ff1472405e9dfe495bfe8a5e71.jpg

Bold move by the Browns to replace Johnny Manziel with someone who put up a worse single game QBR than Johnny Manziel. Lowest Johnny got was a 27.3

Edited by NickyJ

😂😂😂

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10

/08/richard-sherman-annoyed-at-baker-mayfields-handshake-snub/

Richard Sherman was annoyed with Baker Mayfield before the game even started.

In fact, it was the Browns quarterback’s refusal to shake hands during the pregame coin toss that had the 49ers corner on edge.

“What’s amazing, and annoying, was him not shaking hands in the beginning,” Sherman told Mike Silver of NFL.com.

“That’s some college s—. It’s ridiculous. We’re all trying to get psyched up, but shaking hands with your opponent — that’s NFL etiquette. And when you pull bush league stuff, that’s disrespectful to the game. And believe me, that’s gonna get us fired up.”

Apparently it did, as Sherman picked off Mayfield two minutes into the game. Sherman wasn’t the only one to take a shot at Mayfield on a miserable night, as Nick Bosa clowned his college-era flag-waving celebration.

Sherman said it was particularly offensive for a young player to not participate in the perfunctory ritual.

“Respect the game,” Sherman said. “You can have rivals, but pay your respect in that moment — especially when you’re young.

He hasn’t earned anything in this league. How many games has he won? He’s acting like he was the MVP last year. If [Patrick] Mahomes did that, it would be one thing. But he would never do that, because he has too much respect for the game.

* More at the link

I didn't even know Sherman was still in the league. Goes to show how little pro ball I watch these days. Mayfield's better get good in a hurry, for his own sake.

I'm beginning to think dude doesn't have it between the ears to play that position for that kind of franchise

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Lol Sherman is a piece of ****. Tweets today that “ppl freaking out over a handshake last night gave me a good laugh”. Uh....bro, what? Literally what? YOU’RE the one who brought it up in the first place!! 😂😂😂 and as it turns out, from videos shown on twitter today, Sherman was completely wrong. What a moron. **** him 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“Respect the game,” Sherman said. “You can have rivals, but pay your respect in that moment — especially when you’re young."

Lol, maybe Sherman is too old and concussed to remember what actually happened during the pregame.

There is no other rational explanation for going off on the dude like a senile old granny.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 6:56 AM, benskins26 said:

All of me hopes they brown out. And they will.

It was a nice story at one point, and I think everyone was rooting for them. Then they overdid it, and it became obnoxious, led by their obnoxious qb, who has such over ego, it’s as if he’s compensating for low self esteem. To watch him pull a lebron at the end of the game was just too perfect too (leaving the game for injury, when it was just a bruise). 

just gonna bump my own post 

On 11/1/2019 at 11:38 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Who is the worse coach, Freddie Kitchens or Jim Zorn?

It's funny, but I came here to post the same thought. Like us, the Browns blew it when they passed over Gregg W to go with an offensive coach who was supposed to best develop their QB. Unlike us, GW had proven himself to them as a winner during his stint as interim HC. Kitchens getting the nod was just part of the McVay mania fad.

29 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

It's funny, but I came here to post the same thought. Like us, the Browns blew it when they passed over Gregg W to go with an offensive coach who was supposed to best develop their QB. Unlike us, GW had proven himself to them as a winner during his stint as interim HC. Kitchens getting the nod was just part of the McVay mania fad.

Even though I think the owner had a big say, Kitchens never should've gotten the job.  You don't let the QB pick the coach.  Dorsey should be fired as GM.

On 9/10/2019 at 1:06 AM, Califan007 said:

Part of me hopes the Browns end up Browning out this season...might put at least a temporary halt to all the "The Browns did it the right way! We should do what the Browns did!" type of comments.

So, when the Browns lose, is that like the Redskins' Super Bowl ?

On 10/7/2019 at 11:35 PM, NickyJ said:

I wish Zoony's Browns thread was still up in the stadium. I'd bump it tonight just to post this:

What happened to it ?

Was it 'archived' or closed ?

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What happened to it ?

Was it 'archived' or closed ? 

I bumped it when the Browns got in the news for reportedly being interested in making a politician their head coach last year. Since it was a politician involved, the thread went DEFCON 1 and got locked and archived in the Area 51 servers. I wish I had kept that thread in my back pocket for this season. :(

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

Goddamn, what a mess lol.

Cant believe people fell for them. They had collapse written all over them. I'm also generally not fond of quarterbacks that have done nothing in the league, talking too much.

Dont care if it hurts dudes "Swagger" . Swagger/bravado with nothing to back it up or a reputation to stake it on just makes you 1.) A dumbass, and 2.) An easy target, so best not be sensitive, which he is. 

In my case, i didnt “fall” for the Browns hype persay. For me, it was more that i was hoping their offseason moves would lead them to a good season for once. I mean, come on, doesn’t it suck as an nfl fan seeing them lose year after year? They deserve happiness too, in my opinion. Of course the browns players were going to feel confident this offseason, do you want them to be like “yep....going to be another crappy season....”? NO. You WANT them to be confident in themselves. I’m betting they’re pretty disappointed how their season has gone 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

to be clear, the reason for this post was more about after I’ve been seeing tweets or fb posts from people being all like “I’m happy they’re having a bad season, after all the hype in the offseason.” I mean, why be happy for their failures just because of the media stupidly hyping them up? That’s not the browns fault....that’s the media. 

I, for one, will be very happy when the browns finally have a good season and make the playoffs. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

Dorsey made a colossal mistake by elevating Kitchens to that HC post. Gregg would have that team hummin' right now. I feel bad for the guy, having to serve under Gase, who is another non-HC masquerading as a HC. I actually like Kitchens, I just think he's in over his head in his current position.

Edited by skinzplay

On 11/4/2019 at 10:52 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

You don't let the QB pick the coach.

Did they? My understanding was that Baker was no fan of Hitchens

On 11/5/2019 at 6:17 PM, Renegade7 said:

There biggest problem is their oline, they have talent, and Baker is young.  It's good they are getting humbled, use that first pick in oline and stop digging your own grave with your mouth

They need a new coach and some OL. Baker, i never liked him and he seems like a total loser. I maintain they should have taken Barkley #1 and best defensive player #4. 

Maybe a coach that actually belongs in the NFL can help Baker so who knows. Kitchens has no business being on a head coach. he is beyond lost. 

• Like 1