Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KING: Peyton Manning’s squeaky-clean image was built on lies (Alleged Sexual Assault)

Morrison J

I mean, the story's been out there since two years before Monica Lewinsky was ever in the news.

But Manning only managed to stop talking about it (violating the terms of his settlements) 10 years ago. 

And, perhaps most troubling, the incident didn't end when she accepted a $300,000 settlement from Tennessee and agreed to leave the school to which she had devoted her entire career.

In 2002, Naughright took Manning to court on defamation charges, claiming he misrepresented the 1996 incident in his book "Manning: A Father, His Sons and a Football Legacy," and falsely characterized her, causing her to lose her job at Florida Southern College. They agreed to an out-of-court settlement, part of which was an agreement that neither party would publicly discuss the settlement or each other. But Naughright again took legal action against Manning in 2005, when he spoke about the 1996 incident in an ESPN documentary.

If he didn't want this to keep coming up he could have shut up.  Ironically that is probably why he's quiet about it now.  I've noticed neither party has provided any recent quotes.   

Media loves to (try) destroy what they create.  Witnessed it with McGwire, witnessed it with Armstrong.

I just hate the media in this country.  I really do.  I recognize the importance of freedom of speech and having a government that doesn't censor news outlets and wouldn't change it but man I hate how they operate.  Seemingly getting worse all the time and no one to hold them accountable.

McGwire and ohmygod Armstrong are two really REALLY bad examples to use if you want to vilify the media.

McGwire and ohmygod Armstrong are two really REALLY bad examples to use if you want to vilify the media.

You're absolutely right.  I meant that they love to tear down what they created....in other words, everyone in the media was SO IN LOVE with those two and then the minute they're in trouble they feign horror and outrage.  

its irrelevant to mention King's background.

And looking at King's pics as a child, he looks biracial. He has other negatives that you probably did not read/hear/see on your favorite right wing media outlet, but this one has to stop.

Classic bashing the messenger and not the message.

So many logical fallacies

go back to my post. I said Shaun King did look at one side of the story. Saying that, Manning alleges he was mooning a guy who flat out said that is not what happened.

I think we need to hear from Manning yet he has gone into radio silence.

He already got in trouble once for talking about it when he wasn't supposed to. He probably can't come out and start yapping about this even if he wanted to.

Someone (forget who) was on the radio explaining why the whole story is bull****. Basically, Manning mooned this trainer 20 years ago. A loooooooong time later she comes back and sues with a different story. King reports her side of the story only like its the gospel truth.

That person should probably not be on the radio telling this story if they're not gonna get it right.

And the only people that are saying it was a mooning gone wrong are the Mannings.

It was totally cool to rip Jameis Winston to shreds, give half (if that) truths, spout off only one side of the story as fact, and destroy a guys reputation, but God forbid it's Payton Manning. Jameis had a one night stand with a girl who regretted it with a back woods ass family who saw a payday.

Basically, I learned my lesson with media. Only one thing matters and it isn't the truth. Always an agenda driven by the bottom line.

I think Winston got ripped as much for the crab legs incident and the "**** her in the ****" chant.

It's generally a good idea to not believe one side without hearing the other.

I think Winston got ripped as much for the crab legs incident and the "**** her in the ****" chant.

It's generally a good idea to not believe one side without hearing the other.

Crab legs thing is ridiculous. Memes, etc are all in good fun & it is what it is. But I mean the jack asses on TV like Mark May and other equally hypocrital individuals who feel the need to spew their opinion about a 20 year old. May has a much dirtier record (inciting a riot) than Winston when he was in college ... and examples like that are rampant throughout the media. Winston had a one night stand, got hooks up all over town bc he won a Heisman and a Natty, and screamed some inappropriate ****.

He proved with his first year in the league that the HOURS AND HOURS OF ESPN COVERAGE ON HIS IMMATURITY was just bs being shoved down our throats. 

Being a fan of both RGIII and Winston at the same time absolutely opened my eyes to the media. 

---

It leaves us with coaches and athletes refusing to give anything other than BS to get the interview over with. They don't want to share anything because it will just get blown out of proportion, and in turn the media just has to make more **** up to fill the pages.

What we end up with is the Marshawn Lynch approach.  

I've known about this for years, why are people acting like it has been hidden?  It was part of a harassment lawsuit and as gross as it is, I have a hard time calling it sexual assault (if that's the case, so is all mooning, this was just worse.)

So, you wouldn't consider someone putting their balls an ass on your face, against your consent, sexual assault?  

OTL: Manning accuser called sexual assault hotline

Less than three hours after the Feb. 29, 1996, training room incident, then-trainer Jamie Naughright called a Knoxville sexual assault crisis center hotline and said she had been victimized that evening by a "very well-known public figure ... an athlete at UT" and that she had already reported the incident to her supervisor.

According to the document, Naughright did not name Manning and did not want to discuss details of the assault over the phone because she "feared for her job, worried and feared for her life." Notes written by the crisis center worker quote Naughright as saying, "I can't believe this ... sense there will be a cover-up."

According to the notes, "Rollo told her tonite ... I don't think this is best handled by press or police." That description resembles what Rollo later said in a deposition related to the lawsuit: That he had seen Naughright at a friend's house that evening and that they should not call the police or media. The incident was never reported to police.

So, you wouldn't consider someone putting their balls an ass on your face, against your consent, sexual assault?

I'm kind of with ghost on this. It's repugnant for sure. I can see assault but sexual assault denotes something much different in my mind. That doesn't excuse manning one iota, but unless there is something else that happened than what I read it just seems like an over the top description of what actually happened which was bad enough.

I'm kind of with ghost on this. It's repugnant for sure. I can see assault but sexual assault denotes something much different in my mind. That doesn't excuse manning one iota, but unless there is something else that happened than what I read it just seems like an over the top description of what actually happened which was bad enough.

Sexual assualt's definition isn't about actual sexual contact. If something of a sexual nature (discussion of sex, allusions to sex, catcalls, etc.) makes you uncomfortable, it fits the definition.

I'm pretty sure this would make most people uncomfortable. Is your argument that it's not something of a sexual nature?

Now that was a interesting rabbit hole to tumble down.  I had no idea who Shaun King was but the allegations that he's a white guy seem to have a lot of evidence and his response uses some interesting wording.  I don't know if it's true but it's certainly not boring. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3205874/Never-identified-white-Black-Lives-Matter-activist-Shaun-King-outed-white-insists-father-light-skinned-black-man-comeback-allegations.html

that is hilarious.  Seriously italians and greeks are darker than him

I dont think you know what logical fallacy means.

Logical arguments have a very specific form in which if just one example disproves it, it is logically invalid.  Your argument isn't even close to a cohesive logical argument. 

Also how do you feel about Rachel Dozel or whoever that lady was?

Sexual assualt's definition isn't about actual sexual contact. If something of a sexual nature (discussion of sex, allusions to sex, catcalls, etc.) makes you uncomfortable, it fits the definition.

I'm pretty sure this would make most people uncomfortable. Is your argument that it's not something of a sexual nature?

You just defined Sexual Harrasment.  You need physical contact for an assault. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is your argument that it's not something of a sexual nature?

That's pretty much what I am saying. I never got the impression from what I read that there was sexual intent.

I am very much against branding someone as a sex offender without sexual intent.

Now if there was something else to the story that denoted sexual intent, either that I missed or in a more detailed version of the story, then by all means slap him with the label. otherwise the action was heinous enough on its own without turning it into something even more serious.

Archived