Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

Oh probably...listen, I trust McCloughan to sign the right type of guys. I just won't ever really trust a FA class until it produces for us. 

I mean we can mock Cerrato and Gibbs for 2006 all we want, but on paper we added some very nice pieces to a playoff team at positions of need and they did NOTHING for us. Lloyd and Randle-El were the instant #2/3 WRs to supplement Moss and Cooley. And Archuleta was the S that was supposed to help the D. 

Oh probably...listen, I trust McCloughan to sign the right type of guys. I just won't ever really trust a FA class until it produces for us. 

I mean we can mock Cerrato and Gibbs for 2006 all we want, but on paper we added some very nice pieces to a playoff team at positions of need and they did NOTHING for us. Lloyd and Randle-El were the instant #2/3 WRs to supplement Moss and Cooley. And Archuleta was the S that was supposed to help the D. 

The thing about the 2006 class they overpaid for guys at that point who were C plus, B minus type of players.  We seem to do better when we just flat out go for B plus, A minus type of players like London Fletcher, Desean Jackson, etc.    Every now and then we do well with getting a guy on potential like Marcus Washington, Casey Rabach.  But it seems for the most part giving a C plus, B minus player a nice free agent contract, expecting them to take that next step here, hasn't worked too well.  Maybe a recent example of that is Stephen Paea.  

This is a good read but I do question what Jay his sales pitch was. If 'staff' is an important point how did Jay get away with keeping most of the staff? Or...did Jay have a plan but did he let Bruce talk him into keeping most of the TampaBay old boys network.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/19/nfl-head-coach-interviews-the-mmqb-jenny-vrentas

Rich Tandler@Rich_TandlerCSN 42s42 seconds ago

PM RT—Need to Know: Five possible Redskins free agent targets http://wp.me/pAil9-4jA #RedskinsTalk

Broncos ILB Danny Trevathan—If Mason Foster leaves, or even if he stays, Trevathan could be a good fit. He has the background in a winning organization that McCloughan likes and he’ll be 26 in a couple of monthroncos ILB Danny Trevathan—If Mason Foster leaves, or even if he stays, Trevathan could be a good fit. He has the background in a winning organization that McCloughan likes and he’ll be 26 in a couple of month.

----

How can he say that Danny can replace Mason? They are both ILB's and there it stops. They are complete different players imo.

I think we have two "more speedy LB's" in Will Compton and Keenan (if het stays). I would like to combine one of does with a more bulky downhill runstoper (or allrounder) to attack blockers and make our run d more stout. Foster played that role fine.

Terrance Knighton @MisterRoast98 3h3 hours ago

Hi everyone

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 2h2 hours ago

Would I want my grandson to one day play football? If he wants to - yes. But I would advice flag football until age 13.

Craig Hoffman @CraigHoffman 3h3 hours ago

Craig Hoffman Retweeted Dan Steinberg

My sources confirm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Craig Hoffman added,

Dan Steinberg @dcsportsbog
Hearing via radio industry sources that ESPN 980 has eliminated the Redskins beat reporter position and thus has let Craig Hoffman go.

Terrance Knighton @MisterRoast98 14m14 minutes ago

Lol me and @MissLindseyG had a lip syncing contest yesterday and she picked a Bone Thugs and Harmony song. 1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png what was I supposed to do

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 24m24 minutes ago

Tarik El-Bashir Retweeted CSN Redskins

Scherff played all but one snap this season. Gave up two sacks and eight QB hits in '15, according to PFF.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 26m26 minutes ago

From earlier: #Redskins position (QB/CB) reviews. Both are generally high need areas: http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-player-team-news-features/washington-redskins-position-review-quarterbacks-cornerbacks/  |

CZHMbWfW0AAYBue.jpg

Anthony Gulizia Retweeted

Reviewing the #Redskins’ offense: Kirk Cousins among highlights, @AnthonyGulizia writes: http://bit.ly/1nws3Hp 

CZHGLdfWIAAxWA-.jpg

Andrew Walker @AWalkerRedskins 37m37 minutes ago

#Redskins Mock Madness is back. Check back often for updates: http://redsk.in/1NiYWwb 

CZHLhmyW0AAIxmw.png

Washington Redskins @Redskins 50m50 minutes ago

.@ESPN writers vote Jay Gruden NFC East Coach of the Year. READ | http://redsk.in/20cKZJf 

CZHI-O6WcAAapW7.jpg

He lasted a long time on the market this past year.

We had him in for a visit. Dude was a bit of an enigma with his injuries.

You beat me to it. If we wanted him we could have had him last offseason. Doesn't mean we're not change our mind this year but that seems unlikely.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 50m50 minutes ago

.@ESPN writers vote Jay Gruden NFC East Coach of the Year. READ | http://redsk.in/20cKZJf 

I'm a Jay guy.  One of the few who hung tough with him last year (his only losing season in his entire HC career across 12 years and 3 leagues I might add).  And I'm happy he got this award.

But this was an award of attrition. :lol:

I'm a Jay guy.  One of the few who hung tough with him last year (his only losing season in his entire HC career across 12 years and 3 leagues I might add).  And I'm happy he got this award.

But this was an award of attrition. :lol:

Yeah, there really weren't any options other than Jay.

Good for you for the early faith. I was an early doubter of Jay's. I HOPED he could pull it out, but was like a man heading out into the desert with a thimbleful of water.

Frankly, I'm still not sure what we have in him. I know he isn't terrible. I suspect he could be our Bruce Budreau (Caps) or Whitman (Wizards) A guy that can wright the ship, but not necessarily get it all the way to the promised land. For the moment though, even if that is his ceiling, I'm okay with that. This team needs to get good and strong first. Jay seems capable of at least that. He did a commendable job in 2015.

Hopefully, I'll continue to be proven wrong in doubting him. :)

TKextremeskins

@TKextremeskins

#Redskins have hired former Colts DC & former Redskin LB coach Greg Manusky as new outside linebackers coach. Manusky also played LB in DC 1988-1990, was in SF with McCloughan & SD with Barry

Gruden is a lukewarm head coach. He isn't a travesty but I don't think he has what it takes to be the coach of an annual contender. He rarely looks confident on the sidelines, he doesn't exude confidence nor authority during tense game moments.

I think that no matter what the depth chart looks like over the next couple years, Gruden isn't the type of head coach that will out coach other good teams in the playoffs consistently enough to get us the kind of wins we will crave when the team has a well-built roster.

Gruden did a respectable job this season and improved heavly from his first year but to me, he's not the guy to get us back to glory

Who is?  Gibbs III?  Shanny?  Zorn?  Spurrier?  etc, etc, etc

It's a total fantasy, but Jim Harbaugh might just flip a table and come back to the NFL in a season or two.  He might realize that he ain't winning anything so long as Nick Saban is around, and just be like "peace."  He comes and coaches here for a while, then when Nick retires around age 70 with at least 7 national championships, Harbaugh jumps back to college.

But I'm fine to ride Gruden for as long as the fun ride lasts.

Interesting. Gruden/Scot think the OLB's need more attention then? And by extension the ILB's get more attention.

I wasn't expecting any coaching moves, interesting.

I love that nothing leaks anymore. Remember that during FA/Draft season people.

Archived