Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

Interesting. Gruden/Scot think the OLB's need more attention then? And by extension the ILB's get more attention.

I wasn't expecting any coaching moves, interesting.

I love that nothing leaks anymore. Remember that during FA/Draft season people.

Think we are Just make the best of opportunities. A good coach comes afailable and looks for work, we scoop him up. Just like we did when Junior Galett got cut.

Scot is always looking to add pieces to improve the team.

Think we are Just make the best of opportunities. A good coach comes afailable and looks for work, we scoop him up. Just like we did when Junior Galett got cut.

Scot is always looking to add pieces to improve the team.

Except that Scott stated clearly that HC hire his staff.

Still it's interesting to grab Manusky. We parted ways with Baker last year to ride our LBs with Olivadotti.

Looks like a move to spell time for Barry as a full time DC and improve a LB corp that was a mess this year.

Icing on the cake is that Manusky played here and was already a LB coach here. Used to be DC as well. Our coaching staff is having a hell of a pedigree.

TKextremeskins

@TKextremeskins

#Redskins have hired former Colts DC & former Redskin LB coach Greg Manusky as new outside linebackers coach. Manusky also played LB in DC 1988-1990, was in SF with McCloughan & SD with Barry

That's a big get right there.  More knowledge in the coaching staff.

He's a Kerrigan fan straight away too

Interesting. Gruden/Scot think the OLB's need more attention then? And by extension the ILB's get more attention.

I wasn't expecting any coaching moves, interesting.

I love that nothing leaks anymore. Remember that during FA/Draft season people.

I wouldn't necessarily say they think they need more attention, they may.  But if you have the opportunity to add a good football coach to your staff it's almost irresponsible not to.

He was a sacrificial lamb up in Indianapolis, where the GM was awful and they are making all kinds of excuses for Andrew Luck.

Is Hap still off drinkin' somewhere sandy? 

As much as I can swallow, still drinking Jamaican fruity drinks laced with lethal doses of rum, vodka and other exotic island concoctions .

HapHaszard ES @HapHaszard 20s20 seconds ago

My Jamaican Bartender

CZKiPhOUkAA8BuX.jpg

TK @TKextremeskins 9h9 hours ago

#Redskins have hired former Colts DC & former Redskin LB coach Greg Manusky as new outside linebackers ... http://m.tmi.me/1fbQKI

HapHaszard ES @HapHaszard 13s14 seconds ago

7 Mile Beach Jamaica

CZKjSPTUkAAZAxI.jpg

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 19m19 minutes ago

ICYMI: Redskins mailbag: Was the 2015 success real or fool's gold? Which needs remain? Read it in BRBN

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 5m5 minutes ago

ICYMI: We're looking for the #Redskins Play of the Year. Weeks 1 through 4 up first. Help us choose, win a shirt! http://redskinscapitalconnection.com/redskins-play-of-the-year-2015-weeks-1-4/ 

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 34m34 minutes ago

Report: Redskins set to hire former player as a position coach read it in BRBN  #RedskinsTalk

CZKdrWyUkAMBNba.jpg

LOVE that crazy SOB Manusky coming on board. He might add some fire and intensity to the unit. He was one of my favorite players. This guy had no fear when it came to special teams. I can still see him running down the field with reckless abandonment and destroying the wedge on kickoffs.

These #NFLDraft prospects sent @MikeMayock racing back to the film room on Tuesday --> http://bit.ly/1KqSFyB 

Re-grading the 2015 NFL draft. Some teams -- MIN, WAS, NYJ -- look even better today: http://es.pn/1QdZWGq 

Ex-Skins lineman calls Cousins a dream come true: "He’s not going to put you in the position to take extra sacks." http://cbsloc.al/1NknC7u 

They discussed it & did it. Jay & Scott are REALLY tight right now.

I believe that. Never been a fan of the thinking that stated that Scott would fire Jay ASAP. Always seemed like a smart guy that would take some watch and learn approch to the thing. A new GM firing the HC because he didn't hired him is exactly what Cleveland did a few years ago. It did not get them anywhere. And the one they fired was actually doing a good job.

What I wanted to point out is that once again, Scott is getting all the credit on the Manusky hire, while Gruden deserves some as well. Hard to believe the lack of love he's getting around here.

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with their relationship. Definately. I like the fact they go back and forth and talk about anything. Players/Coaching staff. They're on par. So, having Jay asking Scott for opinion on a coach or Scott doing the same regarding X or Y player. That's normal front office running to me.

That really feels great. We are relevant, and right now, that's all that matters to me.

I would not have anticipated reading that a year ago.  I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

TK, was GMSM just in evaluation mode this year and Jay passed with flying colors?  It was my understanding that if Jay didn't perform, then Scot would've brought in his own guy.

Bubba's Redskins Breaking News has been updated

Terrance Knighton @MisterRoast98 6h6 hours ago

Dline just ordered 3600 bottles of @FIJIWater to @CCharitiesUSA in Flint, Michigan. Our Prayers are with that city and hope this can help.

Burgundy Burner @BurgundyBurner 4h4 hours ago

The blizzard watches/winter storm watches likely to be extend to PHL & NYC. EURO shows a major hit for them as well.

Meanwhile here in Jamaica its 86 degree's and raining.

I was just listening to "Friday QB" for the first time whilst walking my pup (Ramsey Riggins Brown : ), episode 1/1516 hr 1, I believe...didn't get too far into it, short walk... but like it..like Galdi..at any rate, he was talking about how a 4-12 rookie head coach got his way more than a 2x Super Bowl winning coach...and I'd say was/is a potential HoF coach...basically, and I'm paraphrasing in my own words/recollection, that Gruden, astonishing enough, had the huevos to tell Snyder what he was going to do..like it or not..and Shanahan didn't... I would say, none of the coaches under Snyder, from Norv to Gruden, for various reasons..i.e. Schott compared to Zorn...were able to impose their will on Snyder...I thought that is a great observation...I have noticed, since last year, of all of the coaches we have had Gruden is up there for in game "go for it" decisions and gutsy calls..which as a fan I love it..

I think it took both Gruden and McCloughan's "wonder twin combined" kajonies plus a growth in Snyder's ownership acumen to turn this big of a corner in Redskins history...like I've said, I didn't get to finish what Al had to say so maybe he already has stated this...so yeah I can definitely see their relationship growing closer...( a la Beavis n' Butthead)...they both made each other look great this year....Gruden voted by ESPN as NFCE coach of the year....and McC is in the running for GM (?) of the year....hell, in my book Snyder deserves owner of the year...HTTR!!!

Here's a recent Shanny nugget. He didn't get the SF gig because he told them he'd dump Kap. Which makes it seem like Chip Kelly is going to be stuck with Kap. :D

I think Chip might be what Kap needs...more than Shanny's system...he may even look great in Chip's system..but Chip's system is fundamentally flawed and doomed to failure on a professional level because of...well, Chippie...

LOVE that crazy SOB Manusky coming on board. He made might add some fire intensity to the unit. He was one of my favorite players. This guy had no fear when it came to special teams. I can still see him running down the field with and destroying the wedge on kickoffs.

I think he'll take a liking to Martrell Spaight for the same reason. Although he's an inside backer, I believe that the desire to knock the spit out of someone on an ST play transcends boundaries.

Here's a recent Shanny nugget. He didn't get the SF gig because he told them he'd dump Kap. Which makes it seem like Chip Kelly is going to be stuck with Kap. :D

That's good for the rest of the NFCW.

There were actually rumors that Chip was interested in dealing for Kaep at one point or another along the way...maybe they were true. I thought at the time it was just a simplistic rumor started by those who think a mobile QB is needed for his system.

Archived