Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Sit, or Not to Sit... That is the Question

shakinaiken

I'd say it's not a matter of sitting the starters. No, you don't do that.

Now, if you've got a player who's on the bubble, injury-wise, then well, your decision just got a bit easier.

I agree with this, anyone on the bad side of questionable id sit. If a few o line members are out that puts a serious question then about Kirk. I dont think its really worth risking an injury playing him with a subpar o line against a good Dallas defense that has Hardy on that D line.

We have so many guys banged up I can definitely see the benefit of resting guys. That being said, here are my own selfish reasons for hoping that we don't:

1) I want to finish the season with 4 straight wins and a winning record overall and in the division. 

2) I want to grind the hapless Cowboys into the ground and get revenge for them beating us a few weeks back. 

3) I want Kirk to break the franchise all time record for passing yards in a season (he only needs about 150 yards). 

4) I want to see Jordan Reed etch himself into several franchise records

- 2 TD catches and he would have the most receiving TD's in a single season in franchise history (despite missing 2 games)

- He could very well finish top 5 or 6 all time in single season receptions

- Has a shot at 1000+ yards

But I would not be upset if we sat the starters, I get why health should be the #1 focus. 

If you're gonna sit then you may as well treat it like a bye week and just mass rest everyone.

If we do play a bunch of backups I hope we do some really wacky stuff. Like onside kicks, going for it on 4th down, flea flickers, etc. I mean why not? Might as well mess around and have fun.

I would sit:

Offense:

Cousins

T. Williams

M. Jones

D Jax

P Garcon

J Reed

Defense:

Golston

Hall

Kerrigan

Hatcher

Breeland

If Trent Williams is given the game off we need to be very careful if they do play cousins.  McVay and Gruden would need to orchestrate a game plan designed to keep Cousins out of harm.  Running the ball and boot legs or quick throws.

This Dallas game will be great for the young players like Crowder, Grant, etc to stay sharp.

If Kirk cousins gets hurt in the play off the last ****ing Qb I want to see is Colt McCoy. Who's better Colt vs Griifin? I'm going Griffin.

Meh, if your starting QB goes down you're probably boned anyway.

But McCoy won a game in Dallas against a 12 win team last year on MNF. He can run the offense.

This is a tough one. I feel like the team is doing well because they've been practicing repetition very well. Not that much backyard football, where maybe they would need to see the field each week to keep their mojo.

A "bye" week would be just fine, resting guys. But we've already dug into the depth chart this year. This crazy injury thing this year shouldn't go unnoticed. We've already been starting backups every week lol.

So I would say..keep cousins, djack, REED, and the entire oline out of harms way, if that means 1 qtr or a half or nothing, whatever.

Did I mention FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HAVE REED HEALTHY FOR THE PLAYOFFS ...ahem

yes, i would rather watch a capable NFL quarterback over a capable college quarterback

Nothing about colt says capable nfl QB with his arm talent. Is arm is college lvl at best.

Of course. In a meaningless game?

What Skins fan wouldn't?

If Griffin plays, and gets injured, we're on the hook for 16 million.

No I'm not talking just the last game I'm saying playoff too. If Kirk got hurt who would you want in the game? I'm going to start a new thread because it's taking away from this threat.

Our current net points sits at -2. Even though we've already wrapped up the division and are guaranteed not to have a losing record, to me there's something very........unsettling about our net points as it now stands. I'd like to beat Dallas by at least 3, which might require playing the starters for most of the game.

But of course, concerns like that don't mean much.

Archived