Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First Place In The NFC East - CHECK. Welcome To Dallas Week

TK

Todays favorite moment in the Redskins Cowboys rivalry. The 2005 drubbing of Bill Parcells. I love the looks on Parcells face in this video:

UGH!  That team should've won a Super Bowl.  I'll go to my grave with that.

Carlos ****ing Rogers....

The Redskins can get into the playoffs even at 7-9

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Run through all kinds of fun scenarios

I think 7-9 is a reasonably realistic scenario, but I think we'd need our two wins to be in the East. If we do that, we just need the Giants to lose to the top two teams in the NFC (Minnesota and Carolina) and drop a game to either the Jets, Dolphins, or Eagles. None of that seems unrealistic to me. 

It would have been a 6 vs. 6 matchup in the Super Bowl too! We definitely would have killed the Steelers on that day given how they looked. 

Scott Brunell too. Noodle arm shouldn't have been in there.

What I wouldn't give for another easy W over Dallas. Have we had a laugher (in our favor) against them since that game 10 years ago?? This would be the perfect time for another one. 

RG3 Thanksgiving game was the closest to a laugher but we had to let them score 4 times to make it close in the end.

Both games against them in 2012 were pretty good wins. Beat them good both times.

We deserved both games...but they both were pretty tight late. In the November game, we needed a 4-5 minute drive to tack on 3 points and hold them off. In the December game, Dallas had the ball only down 3 relatively late before Jackson made the interception that led to the game-clinching TD. 

So, I agree that we outclassed them both times, but neither was a comfortable win where the final 7-10 minutes were just a formality. In both 2005 and 2007, we were able to start relaxing (as fans) and celebrating a W in the 4th quarter. 

We deserved both games...but they both were pretty tight late. In the November game, we needed a 4-5 minute drive to tack on 3 points and hold them off. In the December game, Dallas had the ball only down 3 relatively late before Jackson made the interception that led to the game-clinching TD.

So, I agree that we outclassed them both times, but neither was a comfortable win where the final 7-10 minutes were just a formality. In both 2005 and 2007, we were able to start relaxing (as fans) and celebrating a W in the 4th quarter.

The final 2012 game was that close?? I though we won that game by like 20. Maybe it just feels like we should have.

Dallas week hasn't meant as much to me cuz we don't win in this rivalry enough. Haven't for a long time. The losses I instantly forget cuz there's so many, but the wins in this game I always remember. The Monday Night Miracle, RG3 on Thanksgiving, RG3 again for the division, etc.

You know what it's hump day. And there are so many great moments from this rivalry I will never get them all posted at one per day. So I am going to do a bonus moment today. 1984 The Redskins sweep the Cowboys. The second game ends in a brawl. Just the way every Washington Dallas game should. Theismann's face mask still cracks me up to this day:

anybody notice the almost disgust MIke Greenberg had when saying how the Skins were in first place? It was during the Louis Riddick segment this morning. it was so, so noticeable.

Best way to remedy this is to stop watching/listening to that dreadfully un-entertaining and cheesy show.  

This right here is why I'm praying that we win out.

Here are some choice quotes from Don Banks about the Skins win:

"Behold the NFC East. Otherwise known as a mess of the NFL’s making."

"Ladies and gentlemen, your first-place Washington Snyders. They’re under .500 at 5–6, haven’t won two in a row or a road game all season, and have been outscored 267–241 in their 11 games. But hey, get your playoff tickets while they last."

"This is what Washington’s 20–14 home-field victory over the hopelessly inconsistent Giants on a chilly Sunday in Landover, Md., has wrought: another five weeks of watching the four NFC East teams bungle their way through games..."

"...the disaster that the NFC East..."

"Washington’s “success” equates to being the best of the worst in the league’s most unwatchable division."

"The NFC East still sets the pace of sorts, but in the opposite direction. And every week this season has seemingly brought a new bottoming out."

"The reality is somebody has to win the exercise in futility that is the NFC East, and I guess it might as well be Washington..."

"It has been that kind of year in the NFC East, a division that has become symbolic of the unimpressive football we’ve seen so far in 2015."

2007 - needed a 4-game winning streak to make the playoffs

2005 - needed a 5-game winning streak to make the playoffs

2012 - needed a 7-game winning streak to make the playoffs

All that's missing from the above is a 6-game winning streak to make the playoffs lol...

At this point in time, I'd love to see the Redskins win their next 9 games in a row this year. ;-)

I hate playing on Monday night, if only because I so look forward to them playing on Sunday at 1, the extra wait seems interminable. lol

I'd prefer they play Sunday at 1pm too, but the one thing I do like about them playing on Monday night (or Sunday Night) is that it allows me to enjoy 'Red Zone' all day without fretting on the Redskins' game.

Otherwise, I just have it on the game all day with intermittent checks to 'Red Zone'.

This way I can watch 'Red Zone' and keep up with my FF team, then watch the Redskins Monday night.

Archived