Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First Place In The NFC East - CHECK. Welcome To Dallas Week

TK

If anyone wants to fund the "DC9 to DC for Redskins vs Cowboys Fund", here is my resume:

2005 - 35-7 Redskins

2007 - 27-6 Redskins

2010 - 13-7 Redskins

2012 - 28-18 Redskins

That's correct... we are 4-0 against the Cowboys when your boy is in the house.

Mark it down ... If we can go 3-2 the rest of the way to finish 8-8 we will be NFL champs!

Going through the Giants schedule

Jets

Dolphins on the road

Carolina at home

Minnesota on the road

Eagles on the road.

They really for starters only have one true home game left and that's against a great Carolina team.  The next 2 games I think are critical for them. The Jets are up and down.  Dolphins, too -- but more down of late than up.  If they go 1-1 or 0-2 in those games, I like our chances because I think the odds are good they are going to lose the 2 games after that.  Being from South Florida, I am very tempted now to go to the Dolphins-Giants Monday Night game and cheer on the Dolphins.

Jets

Dolphins on the road

Carolina at home

Minnesota on the road

Eagles on the road.

I've got a guarantee from my boy who is a Panthers fan that they will handle their business.

I'm waiting on Ivan Carter to claim the Vikings game.

If anyone wants to fund the "DC9 to DC for Redskins vs Cowboys Fund", here is my resume:

2005 - 35-7 Redskins

2007 - 27-6 Redskins

2010 - 13-7 Redskins

2012 - 28-18 Redskins

That's correct... we are 4-0 against the Cowboys when your boy is in the house.

How about we send you to Dallas? :)

How about we send you to Dallas? :)

If somebody has to go...

But I'll only go on the road if GHH and BraveOnTheWarpath93 come with me.  One knows my medication and the other might be the most underrated hype man on ES.  I'll need both.

I see you lurking, Ed Kleese.

Please hook up a Memories Thread for the Cowboys.

It's been a while, sir.

Bring them on.  I'm not overly confident in the least bit though.  Especially with this team's failure to put together consecutive wins.  But once again, it's one of those games to come out and make a statement in front of a national audience.  The division is in their control.  Only they can mess it up now.  HTTR

New Century

New Owner

New GM

New Coach

New Team

Don't rest on our laurels.

New Fans

New mantras

New enthusiasm

New chants

New Super Bowl trophies

I don't live in the past, I remember and honor it. I plan and live for tomorrow...and beyond. Gibbs is gone and so are the Hogs. What do we have today (and tomorrow)?

Plant today for our harvest next year. Ant vs. Grasshopper

Going through the Giants schedule

Jets

Dolphins on the road

Carolina at home

Minnesota on the road

Eagles on the road.

Yeah, Giants still have to play the Panthers and Vikings.

Philly still has to play the Pats and Cards.

Every team on our remaining schedule is below .500.

I'm not saying we should start paying attention to which wild card team we want to face. But after, IMO, getting some less than favorable scheduling, for the year, (I think I read that the Giants were the fourth team we've played, who had a bye before they played us. Really?), then the scheduling might be in our favor, in Devember.

We need to do to Dallas next week what we did to the Saints. Bury an inferior team. They're bad. Can't give them hope.

This rivalry has some weird games. Don't stub your toe against a crap Dallas team.

I'm not saying we should start paying attention to which wild card team we want to face. But after, IMO, getting some less than favorable scheduling, for the year, (I think I read that the Giants were the fourth team we've played, who had a bye before they played us. Really?), then the scheduling might be in our favor, in Devember.

Btw, Dallas also has extra rest. Played on thanksgiving. I think that's #5 either with extended rest or bye week.

What's also crazy is, look at the two Wildcard teams...if either starts (or keeps) losing, we miiiiiiiight have an outside shot at that as well.

And then the "In The Hunt" list: we've beaten almost every team on it lol...

Atlantas a hot mess. Somehow they've lost 5 of their last 6, and against some strugg-e-ling teams.

Bonus benefit is, since they haven't scored more than 21 since they played us (despite playing and somehow losing to the Saints), we don't have to hear Kevin sheehan talk about Mike shanahans offspring as if he walked on water.

Good point.  Outside of the division, I believe our toughest game will be on the road in Chicago.  They're a team most people wrote off early, but they've been playing very well lately and will no doubt be tough at home.  

This is awesome. The Skins have played through the toughest portion of their schedule and are 1st in the division.

I didn't realize how brutal that schedule was until Moose started talking about all the teams we'd played away. From the first Giants game (who are always hard in NY) to the Panthers, that was a pretty terrible stretch, and here they are at the top.

I'm honestly shocked. Every team the rest of the way has a losing record. That doesn't mean we're going to beat them all, but we've got a chance. The only team on that list that I'm worried about is the Bills, but we play them at home.

I watched the Packers game and the Bears didn't beat them, the Packers offense beat itself (their offensive play calling is horrendous right now). It was sad. It will be in Chicago though.

We were all upset having to play Dallas twice with Hardy having served his suspension and Romo coming back from injury just in time to ruin our season. Well, they look pretty beatable now. Philly is just embarrassing itself more and more each week. 

This could get awesome.

One thing I've noticed from our schedule this season: in the first half of the season, we went L (vs Dolphins), W (vs Rams), L (@ Giants), W (vs Eagles), L (@ Falcons), L (@ Jets), W (vs Buccaneers).

After our bye week so far it's been L (@ Patriots), W (vs Saints), L (@ Panthers), W (vs Giants.

So going off that pattern, that would mean we would lose the next two games (vs Cowboys and @ Bears) then beat the bills, lose to the Eagles then beat the Cowboys...

That would leave us at 7-9. Wow.

Anyone notice what the story template is for most articles about the Skins win? It's something like this:

"The NFC East is so pathetic, that the Redskins are now leading the division."

Don't care... 1st place is 1st place, even if the opposition is bad.

One thing I've noticed from our schedule this season: in the first half of the season, we went L (vs Dolphins), W (vs Rams), L (@ Giants), W (vs Eagles), L (@ Falcons), L (@ Jets), W (vs Buccaneers).

After our bye week so far it's been L (@ Patriots), W (vs Saints), L (@ Panthers), W (vs Giants.

So going off that pattern, that would mean we would lose the next two games (vs Cowboys and @ Bears) then beat the bills, lose to the Eagles then beat the Cowboys...

That would leave us at 7-9. Wow.

Yeah, that's a pattern we've note, but like away games, it'll be corrected this year. We'll win 2 in a row and an away game at some point this year.

Archived