Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

International Series Games Announcement, 25th November

Sherlock Holmes

How long does it take to get from London to Amsterdam via train?

Cheap flight to the Dam?

Honestly not sure but I'd imagine you'd just hop the train from Ameratadm to Brussels, then on to the Eurostar through London which takes around 2 hours or so. Shouldn't be a long journey from Amsterdam/ Brussels.

Hail.

Edit. Sorry, misread. Just reverse that for the other way.

A one way ticket to Amsterdam (from London) is around 40 euro's and takes little more then a hour.

When I visit London for long weekend or something it cost me around 70 euro's. To go there and get back (to the Netherlands/Amsterdam).

If you take the plane. Never took the train.

That was my initial thought too. But then factor getting to/from the airport (likely Stansted), check in times etc and the train journey isn't much different. Plus if you book early enough you can get 1st class tickets on the cheap. Beats sleazyjet.

I'm gonna go against the mantra here to say I hate the idea.  Still love London though. 

HTTR!

I hate it too. I get growing your sport and the only way to truly do that is to showcase live, regular season meaningful action. But a Country's sorting league should be played within it's boundaries to my mind. Never liked the International games since they first came in. 

But, all the said, it is what it is and they are here to stay. The NFL is making SO much money out of the games here (I guarantee they'll sell 80K tickets in hours for this game) that this will not only grow, there will be both a London franchise and future Super Bowls played over sees. 

The mighty dollar overrides EVERYTHING!. And the International cash cow will dictate the road the game goes down. 

Hail. 

I hate it too. I get growing your sport and the only way to truly do that is to showcase live, regular season meaningful action. But a Country's sorting league should be played within it's boundaries to my mind. Never liked the International games since they first came in.

But, all the said, it is what it is and they are here to stay. The NFL is making SO much money out of the games here (I guarantee they'll sell 80K tickets in hours for this game) that this will not only grow, there will be both a London franchise and future Super Bowls played over sees.

The mighty dollar overrides EVERYTHING!. And the International cash cow will dictate the road the game goes down.

Hail.

I think they'll have an incredibly hard time sustaining an London-based franchise. I don't see anybody staying when their time to become free agents is up. Not to mention how near impossible it will be to attract worthwhile free agents.

Either way, I hope you make it to the game and have a good time GHH!

I'm not a big fan of this and from what I read we could end up playing back to back games in London if we finish the division in the same spot as the Rams.

We're terrible on the road, cant imagine what we will play like on another continent.

Maybe you missed the memo on the FedEx field home record.

If we have back to back London games; I think that puts us at a competitive disadvantage. 

So let's hope we finish 1,2,4 and not 3. We do when our bye will be; after the Bengals game.

A franchise in London will never work.  Also, giving all the legal problems that players find themselves into; who knows if they could even enter the U.K.  Or if they commit crimes there; that's a whole new host of problems.

I don't think you can get a willing roster of 53 players who would want to spend 5-6 months in another country.  The best players will leave once they are free agents.

Could a franchise overseas realistically expect to win consistently?  I can't see the fans rooting for a losing team; once the novelty wears off.

If we have back to back London games; I think that puts us at a competitive disadvantage. 

Actually I disagree. Even if we are technically the away team for both games there will be more Skins fans than any other at the games and from a physical perspective (assuming the team stays and practices in London that week) they will be fully acclimatised come the second game. I reckon that gives us a big advantage for the second game at least.

A one way ticket to Amsterdam (from London) is around 40 euro's and takes little more then a hour. 

When I visit London for long weekend or something it cost me around 70 euro's. To go there and get back (to the Netherlands/Amsterdam). 

If you take the plane. Never took the train. 

Seriously... ?

I know ticket prices do vary but erm when I have travelled down to London from Manchester (same country) it takes more than 2 hours and the cheapest ticket if you don't mind travelling at really odd times is about £80 one way - 113 Euros ... 

There are mythical £20 tickets but hahahahaha - I dont think i will be getting the train down. 

On another note the only way we have to worry about playing the rams is is the Rams win the NFCW and that looks unlikely ... but even if we did then the extra time in London might civilize you colonials and who knows you might learn how to spell correctly worlds like colour and defense ... and stop 'shortening' words like lift to elevator or tap to faucet 

Archived