Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

International Series Games Announcement, 25th November

Sherlock Holmes

I can't believe I'm going to get the chance to watch the Redskins.  I've been a fan since 1985 and watch week in week out via game pass or Sky Sports even through some awful seasons.

So excited at the news, I think you will be surprised just how many skins fans there are in the UK.

If you guys across the pond could start listing any Redskins bars you know of that are over there, that'd be great. :)

Think Shakinaiken (sp?) asked this before. Finding a pro-NFL bar is one thing, but a Redskins specific one is more of a challenge. The UK supporters club might be able to help, but they might have designs on one for themselves.

Think Shakinaiken (sp?) asked this before. Finding a pro-NFL bar is one thing, but a Redskins specific one is more of a challenge. The UK supporters club might be able to help, but they might have designs on one for themselves.

It's not something I'm personally looking for for myself. The team however is trying to find a place for a Pre game rally.

It's not something I'm personally looking for for myself. The team however is trying to find a place for a Pre game rally.

That's what I was assuming. There are sports bars and pubs with tvs which show games, but none Redskins themed that I know of. There's always the possibility of finding a landlord/manager who's a fan, but that's more likely a case of finding out by word of mouth or having to reach out on a licencees' forum or via a trade association maybe.

Don't forget to pack your shorts and t-shirts. Temperature in London late October will be around the mid 80s with no chance of rain. :P

Lol!

My Dad was stationed there, in the early 90's. They lived outside of London, in Little Chalfont(sp?). They were Ozzy Osbournes neighbors, (seriously)

Anyway, back to the weather. They loved it, but but my mom swore that she was cold for 2 years!

If the team is looking for something like this, especially if we end up with back to back games, someone in the FO should contact a senior figure in NFL UK (go straight to the top ie, Alistair Kirkwood) to get guidance / ask them to do some ground work on getting a suitable venue set up that would facilitate the pre game rallies, remember those two games would actually be played at different venues in London.

Not wanting to be picking but Wembley and Twickenham are miles apart too. Well, by English standards anyway! :)

Presumably an overground runs up there?

I was talking to some lads a month or so back before the RU WCF over Kings Cross (before the Chelsea game) and they were getting the tube out to Richmond and walking but that seemed a hike. 

Hail. 

You're spot on GHH. I meant more from the point of view of where the team would stay. They could go for a mid-point location somewhere maybe, or switch bases for the second game. I wouldn't want to stay and train up by Wembley and then commute every day to train over by Twickenham.

From a fan's perspective you could/should probably stay in London (and do the touristy things) and get the train from London Waterloo out to Twickenham. It's about half an hour from Waterloo. Richmond would definitely be a hike, yes  :huh:

Watch Sky and the PL f-me over and schedule L'pool- United/ Everton that Sunday.

That would lead to a quandary.

Now a game in London that weekend would be perfect to kill two birds with one stone.

Hail.

Just praying for a Saturday match day at Anfield. I'd certainly be taking the train NE to the Mersey. GHH you're on the hook for getting tickets for all us Redskins Reds!

Archived