Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

38 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Count me in as someone who think that this is Trump's way to assert power and continue to divide the two parties in this nation.  The more that people condemn him, the harder that his supporters will defend him.

This is a stunt.

it's not trump alone, it's bannon who influences trump the most, then flynn, and kushner's effect is more complicated/different and focused on one hand (certain key issues like Israel, for instance) and gernal on the other (sfaety sanity net) much the same as ivanka's dynamic (family aid being her political issue)...and they're not always on the same page, of course.....but bannon (he & flynn almost always lock-step) is the main overall strategist and i've known of him for his work with brietbart...he's a voracious consumer of behavioral science and communications theory and i can tell he's very savvy on everything from Marshall McCluhan to Chomsky and more (plus I know it factually, now),...not to get into the nazi thing "too early", but none of what is going on (tactics) is new,..just the strategic landscape (social media) and for the U.S., the blatant in-your-face nature of it....though most of us are still being "reasonable" and "responsible" by trying not to "overreact"....still hoping what you're seeing right in front of your face isn't some planned path to the new order...fine with me...i'm already in the take them down camp, so i don't care if they "get worse" or not....they had a little leash with me after inauguration and that is all gone...

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Miss Manley said:

Unfortunately Jumbo silenced those folks.  Gotta keep the conversation in here amongst   You are either a member of the "rainbow family" or ya get ganked.

To give credit where it's due, TK had the silencer this time. I hope you someday find a life at the end of your rainbow, little one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I get you TGB, people are being put in the middle, and that's not fair.

However, it comes down to whether to follow illegal, unConstitutional orders. 

I refuse to be like the German people who stuck their head into the sand and ignored any information that contradicted the regime for fear.

What do we say about the Third Reich-never again.

While this is bad, let's not try to equate it to the genocide of that era.  Do you really expect people to forego a retirement they have worked the majority of their lives for to disobey this and just have someone else replace them and enforce it?

3 hours ago, PeterMP said:

And Iraq isn't?  I seem to recall their military actually attacking land that ISIS is holding.

Iraqi land :ols:, they have been poor partners till they started to bleed profusely....perhaps they have adjusted their attitude....but it is not apparent.

The Kurds and a few others there are the exception.

16 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

And who did you use to be before you got banned the first time?

It was juggalopoof...I mean jigglypuff...who's also been someone else ...one of those little empty-life interweb politico light-shiners whose important work is never done...alll that bubbly brain chemistry...

ck14.jpg

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

I'd like to state, for the record, that I very much enjoy being part of the Rainbow Family.

As one of the more free-wheeling and feisty of our lefty libtards, you best be careful as you've came close a few times to being deported re: rule 5.

So watch it.

(see? unexpectedly (blindside) create fear and insecurity to weaken, disorient, distract)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Hey Jumbo. You are posting a lot more lately. Has whatever was keeping you occupied passed over? If so, would you ever consider running for president?

Not passed over, but I still care (self-defeating trait). I love this country too much to ever run it. For instance, I'm lousy at managing finances optimally, and it's money that matters (right, Randy?). Plus, I'd no doubt engage in a series of ill-advised (but torrid) sexual liaisons leading to constant scandal. Or at last that's what I'd be focusing my energy on.