Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

Just now, s0crates said:

1. I linked two videos about the topic being discussed. I assume you chose to ignore them.

I chose not to look at them at all.  And to read your post.  Which, as near as I can tell, makes no attempt to somehow link Trump's Ban to the fact that there's been war in the Middle East for the last 100 years.  (Not 10.)  

Did you actually have a point?  (Other than "Hey, look at these videos"?)  

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

Wow.  I'm surprised Trump Bannon hasn't thought of that.  We really need to announce that we won't allow any international flight crews from our **** list to operate aircraft in our air space, either.  

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

I chose not to look at them at all.  And to read your post.  Which, as near as I can tell, makes no attempt to somehow link Trump's Ban to the fact that there's been war in the Middle East for the last 100 years.  (Not 10.)  

Did you actually have a point?  (Other than "Hey, look at these videos"?)  

If you want to discuss the content I linked (which is directly relevant to the topic), then I'd be interested. If you want castigate me for my opinion without considering the information and arguments that support it, then there isn't much I can do. 

'Massive success'

We're skeptical of government claims about how any particularly controversial program/action/policy helps against terrorism. Wait until the trump admin starts pushing the numbers of attacks they've prevented, or the number of terrorists caught/denied entry/etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

'Massive success'

We're skeptical of government claims about how any particularly controversial program/action/policy helps against terrorism. Wait until the trump admin starts pushing the numbers of attacks they've prevented, or the number of terrorists caught/denied entry/etc

Well, now, I believe that someone has previously pointed out that the number of Americans killed on US soil, by immigrants from these countries, before Trump's Ban, was . . . zero.  

• Like 1

Just now, Larry said:

Well, now, I believe that someone has previously pointed out that the number of Americans killed on US soil, by immigrants from these countries, before Trump's Ban, was . . . zero.  

I was talking about all policies. 

Like, I can only imagine how absurd the next state of the union is going to be...

1 minute ago, visionary said:

I'm wondering how these people are being released, within Trump's Ban.  

Did his EO have exceptions or procedures built into it?  (And if so, why haven't we been told what they are, or even that they exist?)  

Or have people (which people?) simply decided not to follow his ban?  Or has there been "clarification"?  

I'm certainly not complaining about releases.  Just curious how they're happening.  

On Trump immigration executive order:

"This isn't normal. Its not humane, its not thought through, its not necessary, its not wise, its not decent and above all, its not American."
Eliot A. Cohen, Counselor in the United States Department of State under Condoleezza Rice and President George W. Bush

Here's where that came from, but it's not what the post is about, pretty sure he's taken to posting this stuff to start his blog post recently (never seen him post anything political in all of my years reading his blog) http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2017/01/sunday-night-futures_29.html

Edited by tshile

24 minutes ago, tshile said:

@Dan T. sign me up for thoughtless. I don't consider that enough when I think about the issue. 

Odd coinky-dinky. Name of my oft-used law firm is Thoughtless, Evil, and Cynical.

Malpractice my ass. Those people were crazy before I got my hands on 'em. 

• Like 2

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

GOP leadership that stands by and allows this to happen while doing nothing has their hands plenty dirty. 

They won't escape the repercussions of their actions 

Eh.  Two days from now, this will all be old news.  

(He's gonna do something worse.) 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

"Don't blame us!  We don't intend to do anything about it.  Not even speak out against it, much.  But don't hold us responsible."  

The gop sold its soul in the first 4 weeks after he won the primaries.

They can all go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned. They knew what trump was and made a calculated decision to still support him. They cannot be allowed to wash their hands of him, even if they ultimately impeach him for incompetence.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

The gop sold its soul in the first 4 weeks after he won the primaries.

They can all go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned. They knew what trump was and made a calculated decision to still support him. They cannot be allowed to wash their hands of him, even if they ultimately impeach him for incompetence.

GOP sold its soul early in the Tea Party days.

• Like 1