Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

Which out-of-state driver’s licenses are no longer valid in Florida?

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Wednesday a list of out-of-state driver’s licenses that are no longer valid in Florida due to a new law considered to be its toughest immigration crackdown to date.

DeSantis, along with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, created the list of invalid licenses as part of the newly implemented Senate Bill 1718, which includes five states.

As of July 1, these out-of-state licenses are no longer valid in Florida if the driver is in the U.S. illegally.

• Delaware
  • Connecticut
  • Hawaii
  • Rhode Island
  • Vermont

“Someone who is in our country illegally and has violated our laws should not possess a government-issued ID which allows them access to state-funded services and other privileges afforded to lawful residents,” DeSantis said. “The Biden administration may continue to abdicate its responsibilities to secure our border, but Florida will stand for the rule of law. Even if the federal government refuses, Florida will act decisively to protect our citizens, our state, and our country.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2023 at 6:22 AM, EmirOfShmo said:

This ghoul failing at impersonating a human was the mind behind child separation policy. A person that would steal, then hide, children from their families explicitly as a punitive measure belongs in prison on human rights charges. It’s no surprise someone that felt stealing children was a reasonable action would support outright killing. Evil isn’t his extreme, it’s his baseline.

if this mother ****er ever gets hit by a bus, I’m buying the driver a beer.  

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Corcaigh said:

Is this done via a traffic stop? How does a US citizen prove they are here legally?

Some state IDs verify this fact otherwise you’d need a birth certificate or proof of naturalization. You can end up stuck in the immigration system even if you are here legally if you don’t have papers on you and the morons hassling choose to believe you’re here illegally. It’s happened before. I’ve heard that some US citizens have been deported before too but never looked too closely into those stories so I’m uncertain that’s actually happened. Having dealt with immigration personally, I wouldn’t put it past them.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Is this done via a traffic stop? How does a US citizen prove they are here legally?

The specific state driver license will indicate if they are legal residents or not. 

For example, Delaware has ones for non citizens that specifically state Driving Privileges Only or Not Valid for Identification.  

Edited by The Evil Genius

4 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

As I understand it, non-citizen DLs literally say "Not a US Citizen", or some other disclaimer, on the license. 

But to me, the point that needs to be made is why states are adding complications to their driver's licenses, to accommodate illegals. 

Contrary to the racist narrative, it's not because Liberal Havens want hundreds of illegals to come, take jobs away from Real Americans, vote in stolen elections, collect welfare, and rape our daughters. 

It's because they're going to drive. And they'd prefer if they actually went to the DMV, and passed a test. Got ID. If (some of them) got insurance. If he had a number that the cops could write tickets to. 

When DeSantis and red states don't allow them licenses, the predictable result is a lot of illegals driving with no license and no insurance. 

Which they will predictably, loudly, announce proves what horrible people illegals are. 

----

And before somebody points it out, no I am not going to pretend that all illegals will get licenses and insurance. After all, in they obeyed all of our laws, they wouldn't be here, and wouldn't be employed. But obviously some of them do. Or this law wouldn't affect anybody. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

As I understand it, non-citizen DLs literally say "Not a US Citizen", or some other disclaimer, on the license. 

Current VA license does not indicate citizenship. And REAL ID is optional on renewal so that won’t help.

And there are tens of millions of people here legally who are not citizens, either on work visas or green cards.

And as you indicate, the resources and training of the DMV is not to police immigration. It’s to make some honest effort that people driving are competent and go through some preparation to pass a driving test. That the DMV is being asked to optionally implement a more secure ID card is why the rollout has taken so long. An urgent priority post 9-11 has a current deadline of May 2025. Only 24 years to shut the barn door after the horse has bolted.

It’s always going to be a major problem for domestic security if you are relying on Marge Simpson’s sister working at the DMV to be the front line in ID, fraud and security.

IMG_4611.png

• Like 1

I got my Real ID in Illinois a couple of months before the pandemic— at the time, the deadline was October 2020 and the state was warning people that the lines were going to get crazy in the summer once everyone realized they needed one. It was comical watching people trying to show their required documentation. One of the required items was a government-issued birth certificate and the lady at the booth next to me brought her hospital-issued one— basically a novelty document on par with your “Student of the month”, award from fourth grade. She was pissed when the dmv guy explained why she couldn’t get a RealID with that. It was hilarious.

4 hours ago, Destino said:

This ghoul failing at impersonating a human was the mind behind child separation policy. A person that would steal, then hide, children from their families explicitly as a punitive measure belongs in prison on human rights charges. It’s no surprise someone that felt stealing children was a reasonable action would support outright killing. Evil isn’t his extreme, it’s his baseline.

if this mother ****er ever gets hit by a bus, I’m buying the driver a beer.  

Someone jizzed in his sushi takeout when he was in the administration.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, balki1867 said:

I got my Real ID in Illinois a couple of months before the pandemic— at the time, the deadline was October 2020 and the state was warning people that the lines were going to get crazy in the summer once everyone realized they needed one. It was comical watching people trying to show their required documentation. One of the required items was a government-issued birth certificate and the lady at the booth next to me brought her hospital-issued one— basically a novelty document on par with your “Student of the month”, award from fourth grade. She was pissed when the dmv guy explained why she couldn’t get a RealID with that. It was hilarious.

Do I need a social security card for that? I definitely lost mine a few months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Federal Judge Blocks New Biden Asylum Policy

A federal judge struck down a stringent new asylum policy on Tuesday that government officials have called crucial to managing the southern border, dealing a blow to the Biden administration’s strategy that has coincided with a sharp decline in illegal crossings by migrants in recent months.   

The rule, which had been in effect since May 12, disqualifies most people from applying for asylum if they have crossed into the United States without either securing an appointment at an official port of entry or proving that they sought legal protection in another country along the way.

Immigrant advocacy groups who sued the administration said that the policy violated U.S. law and  heightened migrants’ vulnerability to extortion and violence during protracted waits  in Mexican border towns. They also argued that it mimicked a Trump administration rule to restrict asylum that was blocked in 2019 by the same judge, Jon S. Tigar, of the United States District in the Northern District of California.

Judge Tigar stayed the order for 14 days, agreeing to a request by the Biden administration to give it time to appeal. .

The Biden administration introduced the asylum rule in May, when it lifted a public health measure, known as Title 42, under which illegal crossers were swiftly expelled. Since then, the number of migrants apprehended at the southern border has plummeted: In June, fewer than 100,000 people were arrested, the lowest figure since February of 2021.

Judge denies request to block Florida law making it a crime to drive people in the US illegally

Civil rights groups asked a federal judge Tuesday to stop Florida officials from enforcing a section of a new state immigration law that criminalizes transporting someone who has entered the United States unlawfully. But the jurist denied the request immediately on a technicality.

The portion of the law known as Section 10 makes it unsafe for people to get to medical appointments, meet with family and go to work, the groups said in a motion that is part of a July lawsuit challenging the law.

“For many individual Plaintiffs, Section 10 interferes with their ability to go about their daily lives,” said the motion, which asks for a temporary injunction halting enforcement.

Almost immediately after it was filed, U.S. District Judge Roy Altman denied the request for a temporary injunction on a technicality, saying Gov. Ron DeSantis and other defendants who include prosecutors from across Florida hadn't been properly given notice about the motion. The judge said the civil rights groups could file the request again.

Other provisions of the new immigration law championed by DeSantis bolster his migrant relocation program and limit social services for immigrants lacking permanent legal status. It also expands requirements for businesses with more than 25 employees to use E-Verify, a federal system that determines if employees can legally work in the U.S. Another provision requires hospitals that accept Medicaid to include a citizenship question on intake forms.

• Thumb down 1

New crackdown law could see drivers hit with 5 years in jail and $5k fine for traveling with a certain type of passenger

FLORIDA officials have doubled down on a road law that states that drivers can never have an illegal immigrant inside their car.

If any driver is found transporting someone who is unlawfully in the sunshine state, they could face five years in jail and a $5,000 fine.

The road law came to light after civil rights groups asked a judge to throw out the ruling, claiming that it could make it unsafe for people to receive medical care, meet with family, and go to work, CBS News reports.

But the jurist immediately denied the request, which is part of a July lawsuit, based on a technicality.

US District Judge Roy Altman said that Governor Ron DeSantis and other officials hadn't been notified of the motion, and asked for the request to be filed again.

This law is part of a broader plan by DeSantis to limit social services for those seeking permanent legal status.

• 3 weeks later...