Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

Huntington Beach restaurant fires waiter after he asks 4 diners for 'proof of residency'

HUNTINGTON BEACH – When Diana Carrillo, her sister and two friends decided to try the Saint Marc Pub-Cafe in Pacific City last week, they were hoping for a nice shared experience.

They got a shared experience, but not one they would have expected.

When they were seated, 24-year-old Carrillo of Irvine, said the waiter asked her, “Can I see your proof of residency?”

Carrillo said she was shocked.

“I already had my ID out. I couldn’t say anything,” she said.

She turned to her sister, Brenda Carrillo, and friends and said, “Did he just ask me that?”

Carrillo said the waiter asked the other three women the same thing, saying “I need to make sure you’re residents before I serve you.”

After talking with the manager, who apologized, the four left the restaurant. Carrillo related her experience, on Saturday, March 11, on social media, which has since taken on a life of its own.

Click on the link for the full article

12 hours ago, China said:

Not one bit surprised and I expect we'll see more of this in the coming days and weeks.

But this is a GOOD thing, again. The trogs can't help themselves, they feel like the So-Called has empowered them, called them to serve, that they are part of MAGA, and a whole bunch of other idiotic bull****. I argued this earlier, there are no silent Trumpies, they are all out, loud n proud n full of **** and ready to tell you all about it and they will weed themselves right out. They'll throw their jobs away and will have that albatross hung aound their necks, and basically their only option will be to find another one working for some other open Trumpie jackass. It just makes it all easier to vote your wallet. People are already making choices in the marketplace not to deal with them and to support sane business that rejects their ideology. A very good thing!

There is no point in even trying to discuss or debate or argue politics or policies with the trogs, they are 100% immune to reason, and you're just going to get exhausted trying, so don't. Argue money, argue supporting positive businesses and boycotting negative, vacation in positive areas and boycott the negative, make your vocal moral internet stand an element in decisions every day. It's not that hard, it really just takes an adjustment of perspective, and over time it will be much easier and obvious as the almighty dollar starts talking to business. Disneyland vs Disneyworld kinda thinking, right? What the hell does anyone go to Indiana for besides the Indy500? Think they'd notice if that fell flat?

And their agendas of "you're on your own" means fed dollars won't be there to prop them up and it will amplify the effect. Make a real difference, a tangible difference, make a statement in a way that is ridiculously hard to fight ( Will Donny sign an EO demanding that people buy coal or attend the Iowa Sate Fair?)

Talk is cheap, but action along these lines is there for the taking.

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

I hope you are right but we have cats on the news saying not to breed with the darkies and that's a socially acceptable "opinion" now. 

"Acceptable" to a fraction of the populace that grows smaller every day.

11 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

"Acceptable" to a fraction of the populace that grows smaller every day.

I'd disagree.  I think that there's a streak of that, that runs through a very large segment of our species.  (I'd argue, through all of us.)  

I'd argue that for the last few decades, people like that have learned to keep quiet about it.  To not express it.  Because they've learned that it produces an undesirable backlash from their surrounding society.  At the very least, they get looked at funny, if they say things like that.  

But the feelings are still there.  No doubt to greater or lesser degree in individual people.  But not gone.  Just suppressed.  

Which means that, not only do people still feel that way, but that they've been building up resentment towards the society that makes them suppress the feelings that they still have.  

And what's happened is that this election has told those people that:  

1)  Hey, you can express those feelings (as long as you're not too clear about them), and get elected President.  

2)  And hey, people like you are the majority.  (Can I please use that phrase rather than trying to figure out one that won't trigger a response about the "popular vote" distraction?)  You aren't some tiny group of defectives, being repressed by society.  You are society.  

• Like 3

While not a tiny group in any sense I'd argue that they are not the majority. Wide swaths of America have come to terms with integration, a huge % of the under-30 demographic has grown up with rap/hip hop/etc and sees it as not only accepted but admirable. Increasing numbers of biracial/mixed race couples and families are not only themselves not part of that, but many friends and neighbors that interact with them daily have been reexamining their attitudes. Latinos are far more openly part of everyday life, not some anomaly, Muslims are as well.

These represent growth demographics, and are not equaled or offset remotely by however many kids are being raised in racist households.

A lot more children spent eight years of their childhood seeing a respectable, responsible black president followed by a raving asshole that happens to be an old white guy, don't think they can't do the math there when it comes to who is or isn't acceptable.

Yes, we have all been taught by external social stimuli to bite our tongues, not say things we think, to swallow certain words rather than giving voice to them. As an old white guy I have not only seen this, I have lived it. Been there, done that, still doing it, and I'd have to say I'm a better person for having learned a broader definition of who my neighbors are. And I am not the only one, not by a long stretch.

This sad and shameful episode we are just in the opening act of will hopefully give us all pause, make a lot more people reevaluate what they believe and value. I am hard pressed to accept that it heralds the beginning of some return to stone age thoughts and behaviors, we are just airing out the ones that have been here all along.

• Like 4

For what it's worth, that second Brian Kilmeade clip must be from a while back, because Gretchen Carlson is in the clip and she left Fox and Friends a couple of years ago.  But yeah, he's been stupid for a long time.

Edited by Dan T.

17 minutes ago, visionary said:

Because, as we all know, foreign terrorists or spies aren't capable of getting someone from another country (or someone with ID that says they're from another country) to carry digital data or altered devices into the US.  (Let alone something really silly, like email or UPS.)

• Like 1