Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suggestions For Board

KingGibbs

Just thought that I would like to acknowledge HAP for his thankless job of the continuous article and twitter updates.

That got me thinking (scary I know). With all of the irrelevant chatter that goes on in the stadium (I've been guilty) I think it's time to allow open threads in the BBRN section. That allows for specific topics to be discussed instead of topics getting lost in the stadium. Yay or nay?

What about a sunforum inside The Stadium where each topic has already been created concerning the major aspects of the Washington Redskins, ie:

• Kirk Cousins (Discussion of his progression, etc)
  • The Running Game (Morris, Jones, Thompson, Callahan, OL Blocking Schemes)
  • The Passing Game (WR's, Routes, Drops, etc)
  • D-Line/LB (Our front 7)
  • Secondary (Our whose who of the backfield)
  • Coaching (Gruden, Barry, McVay, etc)
  • Prospects (Draft class, Practice Squad)

Maybe something like that? And can always add a topic as it pops up (say we draft a QB and he starts, he can have his own), or if we hire a new coach, make one for the new hire and then close it once Preseason or something starts.

Just would have to enforce a strict "Stay on topic, no bickering, etc" and ban them from that section; an open door policy until you abuse that right.

Ive always thought it would be cool to allow posts in BRBN, but not new threads.

Of course the software would have to know to not bump the thread with every new comment... Threads would need to remain in chronological order of the OP

Okay. Now I feel better. What I meant is what zoony pointed out. I was referring to the existing posts in BBRN. Meaning discuss the articles Hap posts. NOT to start new threads. Duh. :D

Well technically can't we bring an article to the stadium, post it her, and have a discussion on it? 

I would prefer the stadium as the 1 stop shop for all redskins discussion.  Is it slightly inconvenient for the OP to pull, post here, and then jot his thoughts?  Yes.  But its more convenient for everyone else to stop here.

Is it possible to program it so that if someone comments on an article in BBRN, it automatically starts or adds to a thread in the Stadium?

Problem with that would be that not every thought/post needs its own thread and the inevitable duplication of threads on the same topic. As one of the folks responsible for clearing that stuff up I'd have to vote no this

I think it's fine as it personally. The news section is for posting links to news - if members see/hear news that is interesting and thread worthy, start a thread. I do think people seem a little gun shy on starting threads and maybe even posting at all after we cracked down on all the RGIII/Kirk back and forth. It's fine to start threads - just make sure that the topic is worth a thread on its own [and I know that's subjective to some extent] and that a thread does not exist already.

There is a lot of discussion going on in the Twitter thread which really should be in its own thread or other existing threads, that thread sometimes looks more like a random thought thread than something about news from the Twitterverse.

Archived