Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kudos to Joe Barry

endotoothdoc

I wanna give him kudos as well, but I think I'll wait a few more weeks first lol...

Last year, Haslett's defense after two games compared to Barry's defense after two games:

Net Yards allowed:

Haslett - 469

Barry - 469

Yards per play allowed:

Haslett - 4.5

Barry - 4.6

Points allowed by defense:

Haslett - 20

Barry - 20

Rushing yards per attempt allowed:

Haslett - 3.2

Barry - 4.5

Completion % allowed:

Haslett - 56%

Barry - 59%

QB rating allowed:

Haslett - 87.0

Barry - 85.1

Barry's D is at least holding opposing QBs to a rather low 5.7 yards per attempt, which is excellent.

Maybe we should wait to give props until this team plays a team with a decent offense?? It's great so far, but we have played two mediocre offenses and that is being generous.

Did you see us last year? Every offense we played featured 11 first year HOF locks. We made every team look unstoppable. 

Credit where it's due. Barry led his defense to two solid performances in a row.  Besides, St. Louis knocked 30 plus against Seattle. Offense can't be DOA.

I'll hold off on huge praise until we go up against a sharper offense than the Rams or Dolphins, but it does appear promising. That said, in both games I've saw a lot of dropped passes by receivers that really shouldn't have been drops. But either way, shutting them out for three quarters is definitely amazing compared to what we've seen for years.

Did you see us last year? Every offense we played featured 11 first year HOF locks. We made every team look unstoppable. 

Credit where it's due. Barry led his defense to two solid performances in a row.  Besides, St. Louis knocked 30 plus against Seattle. Offense can't be DOA.

See the post above yours. Last week the Rams offense rushed for 2.9 yards a carry and had 10 points with no help from the offense. Perspective is all.

See the post above yours. The Rams offense rushed for 2.9 yards a carry and had 10 points with no help from the offense. Perspective is all.

Rams had 5.1 yards per carry...

I like what Barry has done without Breeland week 1 and Culiver week 2.  Look forward to seeing this pass D with both on the field.

Good job so far Joe Barry, Bill Callahan, Jay Gruden, and Scot McC.

Since you're praising how the secondary has performed without Culliver and Breeland, what about the new secondary coach?...

Maybe we should wait to give props until this team plays a team with a decent offense?? It's great so far, but we have played two mediocre offenses and that is being generous.

That stands for a philosophical question.

Do they suck because our D is great, our does our D is great because they suck. You're standing in the second part, while the truth is mostly inbetween.

Our D plays tough, but we're still short on takeaways so far. That's room for improvement on this side of the game.

The contrarian in me wants to point out that Foles' receivers sure weren't making him look good. Lots of dropped balls.

Although, there were lots of missed throws, too. And I credit pressure for a lot of those.

And it sure is hard to complain about the results.

He has good players. A lot easier to coach when you have good players.

True, but after two games I don't see the defense getting put in bad positions by the coordinator.  They are ready to play and have come out to play for the coordinator.  Still 14 games to go, but so far he has been an upgrade, though we are talking about Haz here.

Archived