Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Rams Fan's Look at the 2015 Rams

ramsrams

Onto the 2015 Rams:

As always, may the best team win!

A few comments from a fellow Rams fan.

The preseason looked inept to the casual eye not noting that many of the failures were from players that didn't make the team or starting lineup.  In the dress rehearsal game 3 with all current starters, Foles had a 145 QBR and the O line graded out above average.

We do not know where Mason is yet in his recovery, so Cunningham may not be the starter.  It should also be noted that Austin will be in the backfield and had a rushing TD last week.  I wouldn't assume Pead won't run.  That was a tough break fumble stripped by a top secondary with three players on him.  Fisher hates fumbles, but he's also reasonable and seems to really like Pead.

Cook, the leading receiver on the Rams, and Foles have great chemistry.  It showed all TC and game 1.  I wouldn't assume inconsistency this season although that has been his MO in the past.  His blocking has also continued to improve and was a key part of the win.

It was Barnes job to lose, not a three way competition.  This came from sources in the know at the beginning of TC.  He'll do.

Great read though!  Just my opinions.

The Rams better not let that big win get into their heads, Washington plays tough.

May the best team win indeed.

I don't think the victory over Seattle was a fluke, I was predicting the Rams to make the playoffs this season, but after 34 points against a division foe and champion, they showed they can play good enough to make a run at the West. Not many teams will put 34 points on the Seahawks, even without Chancellor. We are right where we were last year, play good enough to win but self destruct with penalties and ST melt down in the 2nd half. Unfortunately I see the Rams beating us by double digits Sunday :(

their offense is garbage.  We know exactly who Nick Foles is.  Their Oline is a steaming pile of doggy doo, their running game is pee wee caliber, their receivers are, well, who cares really.  Their offense sucks.

That said, this is the NFL.  They will score points.  I think anywhere from 10-17 points.

That leaves our offense.  I really don't seeiing us moving the ball, period.  Would be a pleasant surprise to be wrong.

So, not a lot of hype for the Rams, just a realization we don't match up well.

I'm assuming this is just smacktalk and not really what you think, but I'll take it anyways for discussion purposes.  :rolleyes:

Foles is 15-4 the last three seasons, including this one.  He also has a career 100+ QBR against the Skins.  

We don't know how good our O line is yet and neither do you. :huh:  They were good enough to get Foles a 115.8 QBR against one of the best defenses in the NFL (don't tell them I said that), a passing and rushing TD, no INTs, and just 2 sacks against a top pass rush compared to our 6.

The running game was weak against Seattle but we did score a rushing TD with Tavon who will also be in our backfield.  Cunningham is a 3rd down RB forced to start by injuries, but he did outperform Lynch and 4.3 career YPC Mason may be in this game.  There are actually rumors of a Gurley start this week, but I would be stunned if they were true.

Our offense is under a new OC, new scheme, now has a winning QB, and still scored 27 points on a top D missing Quick, Mason, and Gurley.  I wouldn't sleep them myself, but I welcome you to.  ;)

I'd venture to say that Miami's D is better overall and we moved the ball against them.

They'll move the ball. Will they score enough? Who knows. But honestly, it's two lower tier teams going against each other. It is a toss up

I'd venture to say they aren't, but we are missing key players in the secondary this week.  So, this week, maybe, but the second string filled in great against Seattle, so maybe not.

Well I doubt the Rams will score 30+ points two times in a row.

Except if they resurrected the Greatest Show on Turf, but their passing corps isn't exactly flashy. Not more than ours at least. And Nick Foles isn't exactly the guy that is consistent.

It's always tough between the two teams, and I suspect that the Rams may get fooled by their win against Seattle and think we'll be an easy W. Something we could take advantage of.

I think it was the Seahawks fans that got fooled and underestimated the Rams offense.  :ph34r:

Dude, the Rams are terrible.  We win this going away.  2014 game is a distant memory.

YES!  I love it!  You should change your name to The Mouse!

last_great_act_of_defiance_tshirt.jpg?co

Rams have a much better front 7 than the Phins.  I wasn't buying all the phins hype anyways, thought the Skins would score all over them with Djax.

Skins will not be able to run the ball this weekend.

Rams win 13-10.  Ugly game.  Take the under.

...said every Seahawks' fan everywhere last week.  If that's the Line, I'm taking the over on the Rams alone.  B)

I could see the Rams O coming in to the game ****y. But I think their front 7 is going to watch our first half film, and they'll be ready for a fight.

I could see both teams struggling to score. (IF our ST doesn't hand them any gifts). Low scoring sounds right, to me.

See above.

Fantastic write up and thank you for the contribution!

Since this game is coming down to special teams, I'd like to congratulate you and your Rams on your hard fought victory.

I highly question this will come down to special teams.  I would think it's going to come down to turnovers, sacks, and field position, but we shall see.

My honest and considerate prediction is 27-13 Rams.  But who really knows. 

Thought I'd point out that this board has a "thing" (and a "rule") about people quoting huge blocks of text. (And/or pictures) from other posts.

Might want to edit that down, some.

Thank you for the heads up.  Done.

"their offense is garbage.  We know exactly who Nick Foles is.  Their Oline is a steaming pile of doggy doo, their running game is pee wee caliber, their receivers are, well, who cares really.  Their offense sucks."

Sounds like smack talk to me since none of it's true. :huh: 

​Offensively we scored 27 points on the Seahawks to their 8.

"their offense is garbage. We know exactly who Nick Foles is. Their Oline is a steaming pile of doggy doo, their running game is pee wee caliber, their receivers are, well, who cares really. Their offense sucks."

Sounds like smack talk to me since none of it's true. :huh:

​Offensively we scored 27 points on the Seahawks to their 8.

Listen, I don't think you guys suck but I also don't think you're a playoff team. I can see 6-8 wins for you guys which is honestly better than us lol.

But my general point is that you can't take much stock from week one, especially a divisional game.

I'm assuming this is just smacktalk and not really what you think, but I'll take it anyways for discussion purposes.  :rolleyes:

Foles is 15-4 the last three seasons, including this one.  He also has a career 100+ QBR against the Skins.  

15-4 the last three seasons? You sure?

Guy is 2-2 against Redskins (throwing thrice more than 40+ passes btw)

He was 1-6 in 2012, 9-4 in 2013 and 6-2 in 2014. 1-0 so far.

So that's, what... 17-12 total and 16-9 as a starter.

their offense is garbage.  We know exactly who Nick Foles is.  Their Oline is a steaming pile of doggy doo, their running game is pee wee caliber, their receivers are, well, who cares really.  Their offense sucks.

That said, this is the NFL.  They will score points.  I think anywhere from 10-17 points.

That leaves our offense.  I really don't seeiing us moving the ball, period.  Would be a pleasant surprise to be wrong.

So, not a lot of hype for the Rams, just a realization we don't match up well.

I really dont see the Rams front 7 as any better than the Dolphins front 7. Of course we only put up 10 against that front. I think its going to be a low scoring game. Something like 13-10. But I am not ready to pick a winner yet.

15-4 the last three seasons? You sure?

Guy is 2-2 against Redskins (throwing thrice more than 40+ passes btw)

He was 1-6 in 2012, 9-4 in 2013 and 6-2 in 2014. 1-0 so far.

So that's, what... 17-12 total and 16-9 as a starter.

I said including this one.  That makes him 16-6 according to your stats.  I'll still take it.

Listen, I don't think you guys suck but I also don't think you're a playoff team. I can see 6-8 wins for you guys which is honestly better than us lol.

But my general point is that you can't take much stock from week one, especially a divisional game.

I see that a lot and I get it.  The Rams have a long history of sucking.

I also agree that week one is different than mid-season or week 17.

Still 27 - 8 offensive scoring against a top D isn't a mistake, it's domination.  The game was close because the Rams and Refs gifted the Hawks.

6-8 makes no sense to me, especially 6.  That's the same as last year without Foles or Gurley or the new O line and with a poor OC.  When Rookies Donald and Mason didn't start until game 5 and Quick and Long missed much of the season.

What you may not see, that I have at all open TC and preseason games, is that Nick is the real deal in this system.  He throws long arching bombs and both Britt and Quick are big go up and get it receivers.   He and Cook have real chemistry.

Also, the Rams were in a new D with a new DC last season and had a horrible start.  Not this season.  We are now leading the league in sacks and had zero sacks until game 5 last season.

This isn't the Rams people think.  But the proof will be in the season, not in my words.

Our secondary is ripe for Nick Foles' picking. If we can't put him on his back this will be a blowout. Actually it might just be a blowout regardless.

We're awful and now we have no experienced deep threat. Rams d-line concentrates on Alfred Morris and wins this game by halftime.

Edit- I forgot about coaching. Fischer vs. Gruden's little brother? Rams win this one by the end of the coin toss... which they won last year with a great prank that we deserved.

Edit- I forgot about coaching. Fischer vs. Gruden's little brother? Rams win this one by the end of the coin toss... which they won last year with a great prank that we deserved.

Chachie, I usually agree with you, but I have to take some issues with this.

Personally, I think Fischer is overrated. You'd think as much praise he gets he'd have a ring by now.

As for that coin flip prank, why did we deserve that? They got all those picks from the RGIII trade and don't have a playoff berth to show for it. At least we got a ROY and a playoff berth out of the deal.

Chachie, I usually agree with you, but I have to take some issues with this.

Personally, I think Fischer is overrated. You'd think as much praise he gets he'd have a ring by now.

As for that coin flip prank, why did we deserve that? They got all those picks from the RGIII trade and don't have a playoff berth to show for it. At least we got a ROY and a playoff berth out of the deal.

Fischer is Schottenheimer 2.0

If you want to build a perennial regular season powerhouse, he's your guy for sure.  If you want a championship, pick someone else.

If you want to build a perennial regular season powerhouse, he's your guy for sure.  If you want a championship, pick someone else.

Perennial regular season powerhouse? Fisher hasn't had a winning season since 2008. That's almost impossible in today's NFL. I mean, even the Skins have a lucky playoff year every five years or so.

As a Skins fan who now calls Los Angeles home, I'm very excited for this game.

Skins will always be my team. Grew up going to games with my dad in the Superbowl years and not even Dan Snyder can shake my devotion to this franchise.

But I am also pumped about the Rams coming to LA so my kids won't have to suffer like I do.

Think, last like week, it will be a closer game than the "experts" think. Rams are a better team, but the Skins aren't the dumpster fire so many predicted them to be. 

This game is more about the Rams than the Redskins. If the Rams think this is going to be a cakewalk then they will fall behind for 2-3 quarters and win it in the second half. If they come to punish the skins, then they should win handily.

The Redskins need to stick with the game plan from last week and include more downfield play action passing. They have to hope the Rams have a letdown.

Here's my take. I appreciate what the Rams did in fleecing the Eagles with that trade. Honestly, they finally made people realize what a dumb **** Chip Kelly really is (Steve Spurrier 2.0). Also, I hate the Seahawks and 49ers and cheer for you guys often (I also lived in St. Louis for 6 years and moved a year ago. Loved the place. My family are Blues fans for life.)

I think they've been a tough team to play since Fisher got there, that doesn't mean their record has been great, but they also have three teams in their division who are 3 of the best in the NFC the last few years, so not all their fault. The NFC East has been one of the weaker divisions in football for a while now.

Anyway, our offense will surprise you guys. Most of the "our QB sucks" stuff is due to the Griffin/Cousins chasm between the fan base. Cousins didn't do terrible last week, he actually played fine, not great, but he could have won us the game if the defense could have held onto INTs thrown right at their chests and if our TE could have figured out which route he should be running. I don't see Cousins as being a problem.

Our OL is much better than last year. The right side is 1000% better, the weakness is in the middle (LG and C) and that's where I expect you guys to have the most success. our RG and RT handled Wake and Suh and only gave up pressure after our RT got poked in the eye and was out for a few plays.

Our running game may not make lots of yards, but they're going to make people feel it regardless. Matt Jones is a beast and Morris was running people over last game as well. No one's going to be happy to try and stop those two. Doesn't mean they'll have a great game yards or TD wise, but news will travel fast that if you want to stop the Skins run game you need to wear rib protectors.

Our defense is probably the best part of our team, and I don't think it's close. The offense looks like they could put it together, but the D was a monster last week and they'll tear **** up this week too. 

However, having said all this, I expect the Rams to have 10 KR/PR for TDs and to win the game 70-21 because our ST kickoff and punt defenders are worthless. You could have put up scarecrows and they'd do a better job. Hell, I'd pay those guys who dance on street corners holding signs while dressed up in hot dog suits to play for our ST and they'd do better. It's almost like not having anyone but the punter and snapper on the field. You think I'm kidding, just wait. 

Your offense won't hardly touch the field because your returners will take it back just about every time they touch the ball. It's ridiculous.

Good luck. I actually think it could be a close game, IF the Skins could figure out how to tackle someone on punt/kick returns.

If you want to build a perennial regular season powerhouse, he's your guy for sure. If you want a championship, pick someone else.

Thats an insult to Schott.

Fisher has had 4 winning seasons out of 20. Hes basicallly been the equivalent of all Redskins coaches post Gibbs I.

Archived