Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jumbo's Chop House: The official 2015 twitter MEGA thread, it's HUGE, feat: MC SweetTweetDelete and the MODifications, What not included, RGIII free

SWFLSkins

Mark Bullock ‏@MarkBullockNFL 59s60 seconds ago

#Packers red zone defense is hard to score on. They don't give much room to work with, often drop 8 into coverage.

if you're going to drop 8, rush three, a really good play is a little delayed handoff.  Might not get you all the way home, depending on down/distance, but take your chances running 5 OL vs. 3 DL, and you should at least be able to get to the second level.

And with a good down-field block or two, spring one.

if you're going to drop 8, rush three, a really good play is a little delayed handoff.  Might not get you all the way home, depending on down/distance, but take your chances running 5 OL vs. 3 DL, and you should at least be able to get to the second level.

Would this be a good game for them to open up some called running plays for Kirk?  We haven't really seen that all season and we know he can do it.

second pick looks like Reed over the top back of the endzone...goalpostish area...might get it done, a throw Cuz can make...delayed hand-off, qb draw, flood one side with qb boot and a trailing te or slot or maybe hb wheel route...or just run it down their throats...it is going to be interesting to see how we attack rz and goal line 1rst and ten...I aint skert...that is one area our coaches have been very good at lately...

Would this be a good game for them to open up some called running plays for Kirk?  We haven't really seen that all season and we know he can do it.

uhhhh... maybe.  It kindof depends what type of defense they are playing.  If it's a zone, then no. If it's a man, then sure.  

If they're dropping 8 into a zone, then you'd run the QB right into a defender.  That's not real smart.  

uhhhh... maybe.  It kindof depends what type of defense they are playing.  If it's a zone, then no. If it's a man, then sure.  

If they're dropping 8 into a zone, then you'd run the QB right into a defender.  That's not real smart.  

I was thinking mainly in the red zone like those pics show.

noo.jpg

Relax, I'm not suggesting turning him into a 100 percent full time running qb or anything, I was just thinking out loud about what Bullock said and the pics he posted.  Looks like there's space in front of the qb to pick up 5-7 yards a pop and then get down.  But I get your sentiment.

It could work to advance the ball - but with all 11 defenders looking into the backfield, it's not likely to get you points. Then, as a result, you have even a smaller field to play on. 

Having said that, I think being inside the 5 negates some of what GB does well since things will happen so quickly and most of those guys dropping into coverage are inconsequential to the play. 

How is that possible? The Seahawks, packers, steelers, and cheifs all have road games while we are at home.

He didnt give the sack up. It was an overload blitz. Griffin didnt see it, so he didnt adjust the line and he didnt get the ball away quickly. It was actually more on griffin.

Uh, yeah...that's why I said on further review he was vindicated by Cooley's post game analysis of the play..

Relax, I'm not suggesting turning him into a 100 percent full time running qb or anything, I was just thinking out loud about what Bullock said and the pics he posted. Looks like there's space in front of the qb to pick up 5-7 yards a pop and then get down. But I get your sentiment.

He does have 5 rushing TDs, including an 8 yard QB sweep on third and goal and a couple of zone option like runs. OK, 1 of his rushing TDs did come off a botched snap.

Yeah, in those pics all 8 defenders are looking straight at the QB. If your run the QB here he may get 2 or 3 yards but will get popped really hard. If GB defends us this way I think KC will have to use his eyes, maybe a pump fake to move defenders and we go to Garcon who is good at getting between zones and making tough catches.

Yeah, in those pics all 8 defenders are looking straight at the QB. If your run the QB here he may get 2 or 3 yards but will get popped really hard. If GB defends us this way I think KC will have to use his eyes, maybe a pump fake to move defenders and we go to Garcon who is good at getting between zones and making tough catches.

Roll KC to the right, act like he's gonna run in, keep JReed & Garcon deep in the EZ (same side, middle & right corner), defenders run up to stop KC - easy high toss to either guy for the TD. 

It could work to advance the ball - but with all 11 defenders looking into the backfield, it's not likely to get you points. Then, as a result, you have even a smaller field to play on. 

Having said that, I think being inside the 5 negates some of what GB does well since things will happen so quickly and most of those guys dropping into coverage are inconsequential to the play. 

As I said, I don't think it gets you home all the time.  So situation would be critical.

1st-goal from the 9/10, you could run it, get to the 5-ish, probably.  From the 5, defenses CAN'T drop 8. 

You could run it on 1st and 2nd down from the 5+, and get closer. 

I wouldn't run it on 3rd down, and I wouldn't run from the 2-5 yard line.  

Inside the 2, I'm still old-school.  I say that you SHOULD damn well be able to line up and run it in from there if you are a good football team.  

Charles Robinson

Johnny Manziel & RGIII have the #Cowboys as their preferred 2016 destination. Now Dallas must decide if either fits. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/should-cowboys-push-for-rg3-or-manziel-to-back-up-romo--190053089.html 

BR reporting RG3 wants to go to Dallas. Surprised this wasn't already posted.

Uh, yeah...that's why I said on further review he was vindicated by Cooley's post game analysis of the play..

Bad reading comprehension on my part. Whoops.

I get too worked up and stop reading and start posting.

Charles Robinson

Johnny Manziel & RGIII have the #Cowboys as their preferred 2016 destination. Now Dallas must decide if either fits. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/should-cowboys-push-for-rg3-or-manziel-to-back-up-romoSUCKS--190053089.html …

BR reporting RG3 wants to go to Dallas. Surprised this wasn't already posted.

Too bad we own the rights! Someone will want him and will give up a 6th or 7th rounder to avoid him hitting the open market.

Hopefully. I know there are other factors involved in trading/releasing. Not worth getting into WHEN WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!

As I said, I don't think it gets you home all the time.  So situation would be critical.

1st-goal from the 9/10, you could run it, get to the 5-ish, probably.  From the 5, defenses CAN'T drop 8. 

You could run it on 1st and 2nd down from the 5+, and get closer. 

I wouldn't run it on 3rd down, and I wouldn't run from the 2-5 yard line.  

Inside the 2, I'm still old-school.  I say that you SHOULD damn well be able to line up and run it in from there if you are a good football team.  

It could also set up play action if we do it on first down. Have the opportunity to get creative after that, hopefully get a safety coming up to help and slip reed behind them.

Too bad we own the rights! Someone will want him and will give up a 6th or 7th rounder to avoid him hitting the open market.

Hopefully. I know there are other factors involved in trading/releasing. Not worth getting into WHEN WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Technically at this moment you are right that we own RG3's rights, but those rights will go away when we release RG3.  No one is trading for RG3 with that $16M elephant in the room; we'll be forced to release him and then he is free to sign with whoever he pleases and we will get jack squat in return.

Redskins Gold Pants @SkinsGoldPants 12m12 minutes ago

@john_keim Cap Q. On what date do the Skins owe Griffin that 2016 16mil number? 1st day of NFL calendar year? Or another date?

John Keim @john_keim 52s52 seconds ago

@SkinsGoldPants 1st day of NFL calendar year

Erin Hawksworth Retweeted

RG3 is not considered a good scheme fit in Dallas though he was graded higher on the Cowboys draft board than JFF in their respective years

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 3h3 hours ago

Redskins defeating Buffalo 8-8, Philadelphia 7-9, St. Louis 7-9, New Orleans 7-9 kept them from at least having non-losing records.

Not Robert Griffin @Pseudo_RGIII 7m7 minutes ago

Is Bleacher Report also reporting that Jason Cole finally got a disco ball for his basement? Cause that'd be huge

CX--BjoWwAA4leC.jpg

Erin Hawksworth @ABC7Erin 8m8 minutes ago

What do u think could this be closer to a reality? RGIII reportedly prefers Dallas. #Cowboys http://sports.yahoo.com/news/should-cowboys-push-for-rg3-or-manziel-to-back-up-romo--190053089.html 

CX-90AfWAAA_myh.png

Archived