Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Championship + sucking or Playoffs

HtownRocks111

Championship or remain competitive?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather win a championship and be a bottom-of-the-barrel team for the next 10 years or have 10 seasons of making the playoffs?

• Championship, baby!
    • Playoffs!?! You talkin' bout playoffs!?!

I went for 10 seasons of playoffs, and potential championships -- I envision scenarios like what's happened with the Seahawks, rather than the fate of the Eagles.

Seattle has been in the playoffs a lot --- they have been in 3 Superbowls, and have won one already. For all you know, they could be back deep in the playoffs again this season.

And what a wonderful decade it would be!

In contrast, imagine watching 10 years of futility football, of epic 'suckitude' ....imagine having to endure, week in and week out, games worse than what came out of McFlab/Beck/Grossman era.. ...for 10 years!

I am guessing the people not voting for the trophy are too young to remember winning it. Trophies are forever.

ALWAYS vote for the trophy!

Seriously, ALWAYS!

The Rook :)

Luckily, and sadly, I'm in the age group that was an adult when Gibbs was a fixture in SBs [ sadly because I AM that old ], but to me the 'SuperBowls' today just don't seem like SuperBowls. Maybe its the media frenzy surrounding it has grown so much, but back then they sure seemed to be more of a big thing, and the halftime wasn't so concert-oriented.

Maybe I'm just an old fart. Maybe the Redskins haven't been in so long I've forgotten what its like. But overall just seeing a product on the field that would be competitive year after year would satisfy me. And that's when the confusion sets in.

I've seen all 3 championships, been through all the heartache since.  Give me a playoff team every season.  I'll take "something that looks like '91" over what the last 2 decades has looked like any day. 

I'd like to hold my head high again.  That would be nice.

HTTR!

Question: Suppose the Redskins had won a Super Bowl during one of the Gibbs 2 years (say, 2005), but the rest of Snyder's ownership remained unchanged. Would Dan then be regarded as a good/great owner?

Good one. Jerry Jones has 3 rings but doesn't get much credit as a good owner. The Cowboys don't get into the postseason a lot anymore but they are always on the bubble. 

I don't think I'd give Snyder much credit even if we win a title in the next 2-3 years. If that were to happen I'd have to give the nod to McCloughan.

if your team is making the playoffs 10 years in a row they are doing something CORRECTLY!  That means you stick with it and eventually they will come up with the right amount of luck, talent, schedule, whatever it takes to get that one ring.  I'll take the playoffs everyday, any day.

It means that the organization is rock solid.  It means they have mostly all of the pieces in place.  It means each year out of those 10 you have a shot at making it. 

I want it to be fun to watch us play again, even if we don't win Super Bowls. I don't want to wait until I'm 29 before the Redskins stop sucking again.

Yeah that's what I thought 10 years ago too lol. Here I am, 30 years old and the team still sucks. Take the super bowl victory and never look back.

So...

Tampas super bowl year (02) and everything thta went with it after winning the SB (yes I know they had two playoff years after but everything else has sucked)

Or

San Diego Chargers.

If we're talking hypotheticals, I'll take the patriots.

It doesn't have to be an either/or.

Though of the choices, I'll take the hardware.

Archived