Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to host former Saints outside linebacker Junior Galette for visit

FrFan

Man in my book if your a woman beater you are a scum bag. I hesitate to embrace this possiable deal, way to much baggage. Talent wise yeah a easy call to make. I know we are a country of seconed chances, but a woman beater I tend to want to say dissmissed!!! 

Its up to the Skins on what to do. Hail

Ok, after reading all the input about the deal and how Scot and Company vetted Galette. I feel this is a positive move for the Skins and for Galette. Plus with a few of Galett's friends on the team, they would help the guy with his people skills.

I think what sold me on the move was the report about the two hour meeting , where Scot and Junior had a face to face and Galette was moved to tears. I think Scot performed a good old fashioned "Carolina Prayer Meeting', where I do all the talking and you do all the listening.

Not sure about the hitting the ladies portion in of all this, but that is Galette's black cloud he will have to rise above and prove otherwise. Like I said in my comments posted above, we are a nation of giving second chances.

Ok , I will get off my Soap box now!! Good luck to Junior and go kick some ass. Hail

I think what sold me on the move was the report about the two hour meeting , where Scot and Junior had a face to face and Galette was moved to tears.

Those tears weren't from emotion. They were from pepper spray. I hear he was getting s little too close to the female trainers with his belt. Seems like strange behavior from a man in his position but whatever. In Scot I trust.

In adding toughness to Redskins’ poor-tackling defense, GM comfortable with players’ questionable character

"Among the reasons Scot McCloughan cited in explaining his decision to sign linebacker Junior Galette despite red flags about his character and judgment was the maturity of veteran defensive players on the Redskins‘ roster already.

We feel like the locker room that we have is strong enough that we can help him out.”

The real story should be it wasn't him, which is what he claims. Anything other than "it wasn't me" means Galette's been lying this whole time.

The only thing I'll say is I wouldn't sign him long term. I like the pick up a lot and I think he's going to have a good year but I just wouldn't commit a large contract to him. Let's just hope he has a great year and signs somewhere else for big money so we get a third round pick out of it in 2017.

Well, there was the Saints player that said Galette was on his best behavior right up until he got paid and then the "real" Galette came out and he became a guy the Saints wanted nothing to do with. Hopefully, we're not the ones that get burned from not learning from history.

Well, there was the Saints player that said Galette was on his best behavior right up until he got paid and then the "real" Galette came out and he became a guy the Saints wanted nothing to do with. Hopefully, we're not the ones that get burned from not learning from history.

The worst we can get burned for, is one year of Vet Min salary.

The real story should be it wasn't him, which is what he claims. Anything other than "it wasn't me" means Galette's been lying this whole time.

That's what I said previously, why didn't he said it himself during a presser ? and explained what didn't happened. I think that's him on the video.

Just a reminder:

Keim's article with Saints insider reporter...

- Caught up with our ESPN Saints reporter, Mike Triplett, who covered Junior Galette. I wanted to get good insight and that's what Triplett, who has his own camp to cover, provided. Here you go:

What are they getting in him in terms of a person?

Triplett: That’s the big question, isn’t it? They should get the benefit of Galette being humbled by his stunning fall from grace in New Orleans. He’s got a lot of good qualities -- his passion being No. 1, as coach Sean Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis both stressed after his exit. He has a huge personality, for better and worse. He won a media appreciation award two years ago and was elected captain by his teammates.

Clearly, there are maturity issues, though. He can be brash and outspoken and had some clashes with teammates. And the pattern of off-the-field issues was most disturbing.

Were there signs of issues before this past season? When did it turn bad for him?

Triplett: There were some of the same issues back in college, when Galette also got kicked out of Temple and wound up going undrafted out of Stillman. But the Saints had been impressed enough by his ability to overcome those issues to sign him to a four-year, $41.5 million contract extension just 10 months ago. GM Loomis said he thought the arrow was pointing up, and that it was a good deal at the time.

The problems really started after that. According to sources and reports, Galette’s big contract and being elected captain may have gone to his head a bit. And the Saints’ losing season makes stuff like that fester – as I wrote this morning, Galette was hardly the only locker-room issue for the Saints last year. … But like I said, the off-field stuff was especially disturbing since it showed a pattern of poor decision-making.

Maybe the Saints would have offered him a second chance under different circumstances, but not at a time when they’re so intent on improving the team’s culture and character.

The worst we can get burned for, is one year of Vet Min salary.

Provided he doesn't do to us what he did to the Saints. As in, be on his best behavior in what's become a contract year. I tend to think the least likely scenario is he balls out and he walks after this season, if I were ranking the potential ways this plays out.

But none of that is discussing the more intangible ways of getting burned.

Personally....could care less if he's lying....i've meticulously scrutinized that video & have trouble trying to fault that man's actions. Actually...i almost have trouble not congratulating that man's actions tbh.

If anything i feel that he may believe that a ) it's a valid angle he can work, & b ) it's a better defense than trying to explain the situation to the league. So imo....it's moot.

Scot can't say outright that it's not him because a ) he shouldn't really speak on it at all, & b ) it's more PC to say that you don't like what you saw in the video for those with hurt butts over it, & you don't put yourself too much on a limb by taking Gallette's story as gospel to the media.

Fwiw...it seems to me that Scot played it right down the middle.

& really...at the end of the day, all that matters to me is that the guy is on a contractual, verbal, & public short-leash.

There really is no such thing as a negative in this signing whatsoever...despite what anyone tries to say.

I'm no lawyer, but considering the standard for guilt in a criminal trial is much higher than that for a civil case, I'd guess that he's pretty much in the clear as far as the legal system's concerned.   

Not necessarily, but there's a pretty good chance it's so. In any case, it's a good day for Junior (and puts my mind a little more at ease too. Much more than a settlement would have at any rate)

I'm no lawyer, but considering the standard for guilt in a criminal trial is much higher than that for a civil case, I'd guess that he's pretty much in the clear as far as the legal system's concerned.   

Not necessarily, but there's a pretty good chance it's so. In any case, it's a good day for Junior (and puts my mind a little more at ease too. Much more than a settlement would have at any rate)

The criminal charge had previously been dropped.

I honestly never heard of him. I'm SO disconnected from football these days.

However, a dude named Junior Gallette should wear a white suit at all times.

It's weird. I did Fantasy Football for 22 seasons starting in 1991. I knew practically every backup and their backup.

Been out of FF going on my 3rd year and I have no clue where some players on other teams went. I did know Junior Galette, but I had no idea he's had as many sacks the last two years.

Archived