Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

It isn't about giving him "catre blanc". It is about giving him the benefit of the doubt rather than automatically presuming it is a bad move and he is screwing up.

If this move comes to fruition, I'll support it. Though I would like to see his reasoning behind it.

rebuttals made in the Gallette thread. Don't want to pull this one too far off target. I will say I really disliked the Haynesworth signing because of character (and effort) reasons. I was shouted down with many saying give the guy a chance, he's so talented he's worth it. Sometimes that pans out, but given we're probably not a Super Bowl contender this year and might not even be a playoff contender... I'd be wary of building the foundation of the team with a rotting plank.

Watch the video and JG was defending his self.

Please, punching women half your size is self defense? I don't buy it, he goes after her at one point. You guys can chose to see it how you want. I don't want this piece of trash on my team and if Scot wants character guys, this ain't it. Hell, just look at how he used his girlfriends twitter account to bash the saints for cutting him. That's not character.

Look, if what we really want is good football players, then just say that. But don't tell me Scot wants character and the turn around and sign this guy.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 10m10 minutes ago

#Redskins fans sure are happy that @RyanKerrigan91 is sticking around for a long time: http://redsk.in/1KARAZt 

CLKgClUVEAApn0f.jpg

.@Rich_TandlerCSN asked me for directions to the new Starbucks 0.3 seconds after that last tweet. Hahaha.

2. .@TarikCSN And it opens at 5 am right on my schedule. Great find!

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 18m18 minutes ago

Day 1 of #Redskins camp begins w/ a walkthrough at 10:35 a.m. Main prax at 3. The big story, tho, is today's visit from LB Junior Galette.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 23m23 minutes ago

Dedication. These guys have been waiting in line for #SkinsCamp since 11 LAST NIGHT. 1f4af.png1f3c8.png#HTTR

CLKd2EwUAAA9PJk.jpg

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 32m32 minutes ago

New drive-thru Starbucks next door to the hotel in Richmond. Game. Changer.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 38m38 minutes ago

#Redskins go back to work today. Who are you most excited to see at #SkinsCamp?

Rob Carlin retweeted CSN Redskins

Oy, the more I read about Galette the less I think #Redskins should take the risk.. #RedskinsTalk..

Please, punching women half your size is self defense? I don't buy it, he goes after her at one point. You guys can chose to see it how you want. I don't want this piece of trash on my team and if Scot wants character guys, this ain't it. Hell, just look at how he used his girlfriends twitter account to bash the saints for cutting him. That's not character.

Look, if what we really want is good football players, then just say that. But don't tell me Scot wants character and the turn around and sign this guy.

Scott likes good character guys, but not 100% choir boys. He is the guy who helped bring guys like Lynch and Sherman to Seattle.

You are never going to have a team full of saints. Joe Gibbs had his share of "character" guys in his Championship time here. From Riggins and his drinking and rebellious attitude, to Manley and his coke use and big mouth, to Clark and his public temper tantrums.

I'm not saying I want the guy here, but I will give the team the benefit if the doubt if they do decide to sign him.

Bubba's Redskins Breaking News is jumping this morning, if you don't keep up you will be behind.

Example:  ESPN - John Keim @john_keim 9m9 minutes ago

Junior Galette would bring talent, other potential issues to the Redskins

How do people find time to go to Training Camp? Don't they have jobs or something?

Some of us are retired, others take vacation. 

Was he charged with a crime?  "Character" is overrated these days if you haven't murdered, robbed, raped, or molested a child your character should not be questioned.  This is the NFL you want choir boys go to church!!!

Washington Redskins @Redskins 18m18 minutes ago

1f389.png1f38a.png1f388.png1f381.png2764.png1f49b.png#SkinsCamp #HTTR

CLKiYOtUMAAlA1x.jpg

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 20m20 minutes ago

RT—NTK: Kerrigan first #Redskins first rounder extended since Chris Samuels http://wp.me/pAil9-3Wb  #RedskinsTalk

CLJyaQhWcAA800A.png

Paul Conner retweeted

Galette could/will likely face discipline, but strictly from team-building/production standpoint, Washington hosting him is obviously smart.

Paul Conner retweeted

Kerrigan locked up, interior DL built this offseason (Knighton, Paea) rookie Preston Smith a Michael Bennett type. Murphy a Ninkovich type..

Paul Conner retweeted

Galette is one of NFL's young (yet underrated) pass-rushers. Just 27. In '14, had 2 more QB pressures (67) than Cam Wake on 6 more PR snaps.

Paul Conner retweeted

Obviously, all off-field incidents involving Galette are serious. Not simply tossing them aside. But those tweets just from football angle.

Redskins RVA @redskinsrva 3m3 minutes ago

Redskins fans are coming into training camp for the 1st day of camp! Gates are officially open! #RedskinsRVA

CLKm5T1UsAAeSdO.jpg

BTW Happy Birthday to Mark the Homer

Fifty Gut @FiftyGutBlog 2m2 minutes ago

Fifty Gut retweeted Nick

He's the new Reed Doughty

Fifty Gut added,

Nick @NQS88
Crazy that this is Kedric Golston’s 10th season with the Redskins

Was that KD in that pic?

Not sure is he media for Extremeskins today?

Washington Redskins @redskinsbuzztap 6s7 seconds ago

http://redskins.com  >> WATCH LIVE: Robert Griffin III At The Podium http://buzztap.com/-w3V0Kv

I disagree. I won't claim to know the facts of the case, but, tampering with game balls after they have been approved by NFL referees is synonymous with cheating. Gamesmanship is pushing on, sitting on, putting it up your shirt to keep it warm to make it easier to grip. What NE did was above that.

Hollowing out & corking your bat kind of cheating. Cutting the ball on your shinguard & tossing it back to your pitcher kind of cheating. Putting stick 'em on your pitches kind of cheating. Not suspended for life cheating, but suspended for several games cheating. Is 4 too little or too much? Don't know. There's no precedent to compare to that I can think of. 

Edit: Just for fun I Googled "corked bat suspension". I forgot all about this little adventure when Albert Belle played with the Indians. Classic. He ended up with a 10 game suspension. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Cleveland_Indians_corked_bat_incident

Sure,...cheating is bad.  But the NFL have not a shred of real evidence to prove any of the claims.

He should have been fined and it be done with -- it's ****ing ridiculous.

Duke Ihenacho @NachoLyfe 7m7 minutes ago

Morning world. Word of the day is: Compete.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 12m12 minutes ago

My guy @Szvetitz and company have put together a really nice training camp section. Every day in the @RTDNEWS.

CLKpzVjUMAAJQSe.jpg

Washington Redskins @redskinsbuzztap 24s25 seconds ago

http://redskins.com  >> WATCH LIVE: Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones http://buzztap.com/-kuVC36

During the Junior Galette debate, it has all come to talk about character.  Which is all fine and dandy.

I will derail a bit here, only because when talking about Scot McCloughan and his character guy's, or lack there of.  People keep mentioning the "bad apples" he has brought in.

Someone please explain to me where Richard Sherman becomes a bad character guy?  Love em or hate em, he's not a bad character guy, unless I am missing something?  There is no right to have him in the same sentence as Galette.  You can have an opinion about his onfield play, but bad character? 

Don't want to pull this one too far off target. I will say I really disliked the Haynesworth signing because of character (and effort) reasons. I was shouted down with many saying give the guy a chance, he's so talented he's worth it.

The main off target part is we will not offer this guy 100M contract with a shipload of guaranteed money.

Not an advocate to sign him but if the contract makes it easy to jettison him if he doesn't work out then I am ok with it.

However if he is actually convicted of doing any of these alleged things then he should be let go immediately.

Someone please explain to me where Richard Sherman becomes a bad character guy? Love em or hate em, he's not a bad character guy, unless I am missing something? There is no right to have him in the same sentence as Galette. You can have an opinion about his onfield play, but bad character?

Was thinking this myself.

Sherman is known to be a really smart guy and goes out of his way to do charity work etc.

Anything he says that's questionable he leaves on the field and backs it up with his play.

There's no comparison between a known good guy off the field like Sherman and a total liability like Galette.

Not that I want us to sign Junior Galette, but someone mentioned Scot likes high character guys.  I think that was Shanahan and him taking "team captains" and such.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Scot in Seattle when they traded for Marshawn Lynch, who had all kinds of legal problems while in Buffalo? Look at Ray McDonald in SF.  Wasn't he a McC pick? 

Again, I'm not advocating that we sign him and I'm sure Scot doesn't want deviants and criminals, but I'm not sure he goes looking for choir boys either.

It appears you would be correct.

Lynch pled guilty in 2008 to a hit-and-run, then a weapons charge in 2009, a DUI in 2012.

Washington Redskins @redskinsbuzztap 50s50 seconds ago

http://bleacherreport.com  >> Jay Gruden Is a Lame-Duck Coach Headed into Washington Redskins Training Camp http://buzztap.com/-qWC53r

Ryan Clark @Realrclark25 4m4 minutes ago

Ryan Clark retweeted Charlie Welch

So many. D Green is definitely up there

Ryan Clark added,

Charlie Welch @camwelch9
@Realrclark25 question away from the #DeflateGate, who do you think is the greatest Redskin of all time?

SkinzMama @skinzmama 7m7 minutes ago

Walk through pics #HTTR

CLK0-POWoAAr-rZ.jpg
CLK0-PRW8AQFgDY.jpg
CLK0-PUWIAAWiJC.jpg
CLK0-PVWcAAc2Ws.jpg

SkinzMama @skinzmama 7m7 minutes ago

More..

CLK1F0aWUAAJil0.jpg
CLK1F0cWUAAOcff.jpg
CLK1F1FXAAAacoz.jpg
CLK1F2BWsAAPWaB.jpg

Washington Redskins @Redskins 10m10 minutes ago

.@PierreGarcon and @TrentW71 look ready for #SkinsCamp to get underway. Are you? #HTTR

CLK0cbbWcAAXNMx.jpg

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 11m11 minutes ago

With deal done, Kerrigan is looking forward to playing in revamped #Redskins defense. http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/deal-done-kerrigan-excited-about-redskins-revamped-defense 

CLKTTJ4W8AABOii.png

Washington Redskins @Redskins 11m11 minutes ago

Position battles to watch, how the #Redskins rookies will perform and more from #SkinsCamp: http://redsk.in/1I4ud6O 

CLK0eI4UEAYs3eh.jpg

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 15m15 minutes ago

Walked in from parking lot with fans. I asked would they cheer for RG3? They said yes, but they want something to cheer for. Classic.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 15m15 minutes ago

First walkthrough of Redskins camp is underway. #buckethats

CLK0BjfW8AA1Rw_.jpg

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 17m17 minutes ago

Trent Murphy and Co. are about to hit the field for first time...

CLKzusDWgAArwhG.jpg

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 18m18 minutes ago

I'm at training camp. Smallish crowd, but walkthroughs are boring. Practice is 3 p.m.

SkinzMama @skinzmama 3m3 minutes ago

So close but yet so far.. Lol

CLK3dShWoAAV_MF.jpg
CLK3dSpWgAATu-S.jpg
CLK3dSzWoAAxrQs.jpg
CLK3dS0WoAAx-XF.jpg

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 5m5 minutes ago

Just a walk through for the #Redskins right now. Players took the field a few minutes ago. Practice is at 3pm this afternoon.

Redskins Ernie @skinsdiehards 6m6 minutes ago

Robert Griffin III showing improvement during Redskins’ offseason http://dlvr.it/BhSj3j

Redskins RVA @redskinsrva 45s45 seconds ago

Players walking out of Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center this morning! #RedskinsRVA #SkinsCamp

CLK4iLYWIAIVp-O.jpg

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 3m3 minutes ago

The fans in #RVA are getting smart. Light crowd for #Redskins walkthrough, which is like watching grass grow.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 4m4 minutes ago

Here's lookin' at you, #Redskins Nation. #HBKerrigan and #Swaggy heading out to #SkinsCamp 1f44c.png

CLK4NMxUAAAx35V.jpg

Ryan Clark @Realrclark25 37s38 seconds ago

Ryan Clark retweeted Anthony Vanorsdale

Sean could play in any league. He had all time great talent

Ryan Clark added,

Anthony Vanorsdale @VDALE_44
@Realrclark25 Do you think Sean Taylor would thrive in today's league? So many penalties for hitting now a days. #HTTR

Archived