Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 5m5 minutes ago

Would not be a fan of Galette to the #Redskins you would like to have better depth behind HBK, but to bring a player like Galette and the

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 5m5 minutes ago

Off the field baggage that comes with him would be foolish to me, especially for a team so far away from contending... get Murphy/Smith reps

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 6m6 minutes ago

With that being said, talent wise? Galette would be a solid addition. Kerrigan/Galette/Murphy/Smith would be a solid unit. & you can never

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 6m6 minutes ago

Have too many good pass rushers, but overall I would still say the move would not be a wise one. #Redskins

Dexter Manley @DexterKManley72 10m10 minutes ago

Training camp opens today. Let's go #redskins who else is pumped up? #72 #httr

Kevin Williams, J.R Sweezy, John Moffit, Jerrymy Stephens, Tony Mcdaniel, Marshawn Lynch, Bruce Irvin.. Scot isn't all about choir boys

@MrDCsportsSr @AndreyNevels I think the circus in this town has three rings already...? http://deadspin.com/junior-galettes-twitter-rant-savages-sean-payton-and-th-1720339378 

@MrDCsportsSr @AndreyNevels Might get punished by NFL....http://www.richmond.com/redskins-xtra/article_1b0710c0-36ae-11e5-ae38-cbce84ca8fc0.html 

The league has yet to issue a disciplinary ruling in the Miami Beach case - Galette could miss the first six games of the 2015 season under the NFL’s new policy.

@MrDCsportsSr @AndreyNevels I'm going to trust Scot on this issue, he is doing great things so far, maybe he could be on a short leash.?

The Redskins bringing in Galette should tell all the "Trent Murphy is a sleeper" that the Skins obviously don't feel great w/ him starting

@Section227 LOL, what a twist. Scot just trying to upgrade anywhere and everywhere, puts fear into the starters.

Terrance Plummer @KnightBred_41 57s58 seconds ago Richmond, VA

Day 78 and I'm still Blessed

Terrance Plummer @KnightBred_41 2m2 minutes ago Richmond, VA

Rise and Grind everybody

Redskins Gold Pants @SkinsGoldPants 11m11 minutes ago

[sB Nation: Hogs Haven] - Redskins 2015 Training Camp: Jay Gruden Presser: ... s going to wor... http://bit.ly/1DRAkaH  Via - @HogsHaven

@johnnylocal I'm sure they'll make other moves but not one that could be this big of an impact!

@Section227 Probably true, but that baggage tho, lol.

With that being said, talent wise? Galette would be a solid addition. Kerrigan/Galette/Murphy/Smith would be a solid unit. & you can never

You gotta love Skins Twitter

@OlSkool1972 Keyboards, opinions and Fandom, ahhhh must be late summer.

•  

@simonebett @inkandammo @nelford simone he's not marrying my daughter just sack romo and let's win some games tired of 6-10

The Hogfather retweeted Jay

lol

The Hogfather added,

Jay @RedskinsCult
I had the worst dream-- that we brought in a psycho who beats women with belts & attacks them w/ knives & talks trash about his teammates...

Thank you Lord for blessing me with a new day!!

My official ES training camp man-crush predictions:

Martrell Spaight

Trey Williams

Jamison Crowder

Matt Jones

As usual, the mid-round picks. Pretty safe guesses with Spaight being the type to drop the hammer, Williams being the small quick jitterbug offensive weapon Skins fans always think is the missing X-Factor, same with Crowder + ST's returning ability, and Jones I just think will look like a beast.

#Redskins: New deal for Trent Williams on deck? http://was.247sports.com/Bolt/Redskins-New-deal-for-Trent-Williams-on-deck-38465020 

CLKRNKQWIAEz8gL.jpg

My official ES training camp man-crush predictions:

Martrell Spaight
Trey Williams
Jamison Crowder
Matt Jones

As usual, the mid-round picks. Pretty safe guesses with Spaight being the type to drop the hammer, Williams being the small quick jitterbug offensive weapon Skins fans always think is the missing X-Factor, same with Crowder + ST's returning ability, and Jones I just think will look like a beast.

And the day just began, hahaaaaa   An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Lol. Redskins Twitter

A new contract won't change @RyanKerrigan91. He's ready to perform as a player and a leader: http://redsk.in/1MvvAhR 

CLKSVCQUsAAJKWm.jpg

HumbleSkins retweeted Aly

Ok, tweet of the morn nominees shaking right now, lol.

HumbleSkins added,

CLKSskQUcAAWrIA.jpg
Aly @alewnes7
Lol. Redskins Twitter

A few references here to djax re character. Remember also that when we signed dhall, "meangelo" was widely perceived by fans/media to be one of the biggest locker room cancers in the league.

I haven't been following galette's story and don't know most of the details, but I think nemocystem made some good points. Will put my trust in sm to make a good decision based on reason, not desperation

NEW: Examining red flags surrounding recently cut star set to meet with Redskins http://ow.ly/QgYHU  #RedskinsTalk

CLKTAAHUkAAajjT.jpg

Cowboys won't have structured plan in place for Tony Romo http://es.pn/1VP5xGs 

@ESPN_NFLNation The rest of the NFL has a plan, to put him on it.

Gillette can be added if money is right. We have a sophomore and a rookie who can play that spot. He's an easy cut if it doesn't work.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD "If there is any kind of a question mark that he might be a bad guy, we're not going to do it." - McCloughan in April

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 49s50 seconds ago

Rich Tandler retweeted Rob Pacella

Should be noted that no “move” has been made yet and may not be. Let’s see how it plays out. #Redskins

Rich Tandler added,

Rob Pacella @My_name_is_robb
@Rich_TandlerCSN Doesn't sound like a McCloughan move

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Also, if the #Redskins to sign Galette, the structure of the contract will determine how much of a risk bringing him in would be. We’ll see

StickyIckySkins retweeted vaughn mcclure

That talk about Hank maybe pushing for a starting spot might be legit

StickyIckySkins added,

vaughn mcclure @vxmcclure23
ICYMI: Surgery not an option for Roddy White, but Falcons WR will get maintenance on his ailing left knee. http://es.pn/1IsisbH 

1. Let's see how many star players go down today.

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

Not that I want us to sign Junior Galette, but someone mentioned Scot likes high character guys.  I think that was Shanahan and him taking "team captains" and such.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Scot in Seattle when they traded for Marshawn Lynch, who had all kinds of legal problems while in Buffalo? Look at Ray McDonald in SF.  Wasn't he a McC pick? 

Again, I'm not advocating that we sign him and I'm sure Scot doesn't want deviants and criminals, but I'm not sure he goes looking for choir boys either.

A few references here to djax re character. Remember also that when we signed dhall, "meangelo" was widely perceived by fans/media to be one of the biggest locker room cancers in the league.

I haven't been following galette's story and don't know most of the details, but I think nemocystem made some good points. Will put my trust in sm to make a good decision based on reason, not desperation

Galette's character issues are slightly different than the "baggage" Jackson/Hall came here with. 

That being said, I trust Scot 1000000%.  If he thinks Galette can help this team and will conform, then bring him in on a reasonable deal. 

Training camp starts here in Richmond today. :)

For those coming here, it is supposed to be 92 degrees and humid when practice starts this afternoon (typical Richmond Summer day :) ).

They are also saying some thunderstorms might move through the area between 3-5 pm as a cold front goes by. So be aware of that.

Have fun everybody.

HTTR

All you have to do is what the video of Galette using his belt on and punching women. If you and Scot still think his character isn't an issue, I take issue.

What most are saying is we are going to put our faith in Scott to make the right decision for the team.

Either we are going to let him do the job he came in here for or we aren't.

What most are saying is we are going to put our faith in Scott to make the right decision for the team.

Either we are going to let him do the job he came in here for or we aren't.

Well, I don't know if you give the guy carte blanc. After all, even the best coaches and GMs screw up. We are certainly allowed to criticize, dispute, and disagree.

Galette seems like the kind of guy you don't want representing your city. If McCloughan signs him I will not like the choice. It might still wind up being a great football decision, but it doesn't make it the right one. It also wouldn't mean that I have changed my opinion on McCloughan. After all, there were times I disagreed with Coach Joe and you will never hear me say anything but that he was a great person and coach.

Well, I don't know if you give the guy carte blanc. After all, even the best coaches and GMs screw up. We are certainly allowed to criticize, dispute, and disagree.

Galette seems like the kind of guy you don't want representing your city. If McCloughan signs him I will not like the choice. It might still wind up being a great football decision, but it doesn't make it the right one. It also wouldn't mean that I have changed my opinion on McCloughan. After all, there were times I disagreed with Coach Joe and you will never hear me say anything but that he was a great person and coach.

It isn't about giving him "catre blanc". It is about giving him the benefit of the doubt rather than automatically presuming it is a bad move and he is screwing up.

If this move comes to fruition, I'll support it. Though I would like to see his reasoning behind it.

Archived