Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Improvements (Bruce Allen email dated 7/17/2015)

MarkB452

But during games, I like to know how serious an injury is and will the player be out.

At RFK, that was one of the main reasons for bringing a transistor radio. In addition to the play-by-play, you got injury updates, not as quickly as you do now, but we got them as soon as Frank Herzog did...

At RFK, that was one of the main reasons for bringing a transistor radio. In addition to the play-by-play, you got injury updates, not as quickly as you do now, but we got them as soon as Frank Herzog did...

And one of my favorite fan improvements this year is there will be no delay in the radio broadcast. I hated that damn 7-10 second delay at every game the past few years. At one time, there was no delay at FedEx but then they put in the delay. Looking forward to hearing Sonny, Cooley and yes even Larry in real time again. I have a sports radio and earphone plugged in all game long.

And one of my favorite fan improvements this year is there will be no delay in the radio broadcast. I hated that damn 7-10 second delay at every game the past few years. At one time, there was no delay at FedEx but then they put in the delay. Looking forward to hearing Sonny, Cooley and yes even Larry in real time again. I have a sports radio and earphone plugged in all game long.

That's great news...I'll bring my Nano, it has a radio...

• 3 weeks later...

Huge improvement in the radio broadcast last night without the delay. I stayed home last night and watched on T.V. It is so much easier to sync up to the T.V. broadcast now - only a 5-second delay behind FIOS - that I actually dared to flip to the Nats game during breaks. For the last several years, watching road games meant locking into the broadcast channel until halftime, then a few minutes of effort to re-sync for the second half. Can't wait to hear the broadcast at the Jaguars game.

I was at the first home preseason game on Thursday and the radio broadcast had the normal 5-10 second delay in stadium. I think the radio broadcast is synced up with the TV broadcast, so you can listen along at home. I was at every game last year and twice the radio was synced up with the on field play and it was awesome. I was sitting in the section with the announce team behind you one time and I asked them about it after the game was over. Someone in the anounce booth told me that if the radio was synced up with the on field play it was a mistake and someone forgot to turn on the delay.

Also, I was curious to see if they were really going to put the post game press conference on the HD screens like they announced. So, after the game I hung around in my seat. Stadium staff asked me to leave, so I did, then when the press conference came on the radio I popped back in and sure enough they had the press conference on the HD screens. As far as I could see it was 2 other people and me in an empty stadium watching the press conference, about half way through they cut the sound in the stadium and I left. The whole thing was odd.

I was at the first home preseason game on Thursday and the radio broadcast had the normal 5-10 second delay in stadium. I think the radio broadcast is synced up with the TV broadcast, so you can listen along at home. I was at every game last year and twice the radio was synced up with the on field play and it was awesome. I was sitting in the section with the announce team behind you one time and I asked them about it after the game was over. Someone in the anounce booth told me that if the radio was synced up with the on field play it was a mistake and someone forgot to turn on the delay.

Also, I was curious to see if they were really going to put the post game press conference on the HD screens like they announced. So, after the game I hung around in my seat. Stadium staff asked me to leave, so I did, then when the press conference came on the radio I popped back in and sure enough they had the press conference on the HD screens. As far as I could see it was 2 other people and me in an empty stadium watching the press conference, about half way through they cut the sound in the stadium and I left. The whole thing was odd.

The fans spoke, they listened!!

I was curious to see if they were really going to put the post game press conference on the HD screens like they announced. So, after the game I hung around in my seat. Stadium staff asked me to leave, so I did, then when the press conference came on the radio I popped back in and sure enough they had the press conference on the HD screens. As far as I could see it was 2 other people and me in an empty stadium watching the press conference, about half way through they cut the sound in the stadium and I left. 

Attention to detail is what sets our organization apart from the others.

If there are 1000 people watching the post game presser, then that's 1000 fewer people trying to exit the parking lot at the same time.  Also, there is a 5th quarter party on the club level for premium seat holders, so that's a minor benefit for them.  We usually less to the press conf on the way home (unless it was a blowout loss).

• 3 weeks later...

So some things I noticed at today's game.

A lot easier to get in and out of the stadium.  We parked in the A lot, and there was barely any traffic (we got there about 10:45).  Leaving we were out of Fedex and on 495 in under 10 minutes (we started heading out with 2 minutes left in the game).

A lot of Ushers, I don't recall ever seeing an Usher at every entrance (upper level).  Ours was even going so far to check our tickets after we sat down and occasionally yelling at the beer guy to move and or pickup his bottle caps.

Didn't see any new food stands in the upper level.

Wifi in the Stadium was good.  You do need to sign on (and provide an email address though) hope I don't get spam.

Tons of parking spots (though this could be related to the fact that they sell 20k less seats.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the radio broadcast at the game through an app that doesn't have a huge delay, like Sirius? My radio was barely getting the signal yesterday. My old phone had a radio that picked it up. I may have to bring it for the radio.

I use a small sports radio to listen to the game. But I also use Tunein to listen to the post game report on ESPN980 in the car home to PA. I've also used it in the stadium. I had full power with no delay using the stadium WiFi. My radio had a 5-10 second delay. And I sit 2 sections down from the radio booth! The delay is an FCC requirement in case Cooley slips up with an F bomb or shows his penis. :P

My complaint is the only food choice near me is Chinese food! Doesn't really matter since I tailgate.

Notice the beer vendors were carrying water and some soda. Nice for us non-alcohol guys.

Seemed to be more ushers and suits around.

Parking signage and crowd control folks with stop/go signs for pedestrians seemed to improve traffic flow.

Similar crap on the field, unfortunately.

I use a small sports radio to listen to the game. But I also use Tunein to listen to the post game report on ESPN980 in the car home to PA. I've also used it in the stadium. I had full power with no delay using the stadium WiFi. My radio had a 5-10 second delay. And I sit 2 sections down from the radio booth! The delay is an FCC requirement in case Cooley slips up with an F bomb or shows his penis. :P

Awesome. I'll try Tunein for the next game.

I had trouble connecting to the WiFi yesterday. I couldn't get a live "Agree" button after giving my e-mail address. Maybe I shouldn't have tried logging in at halftime.

Thanks, S&S! 

Awesome. I'll try Tunein for the next game.

I had trouble connecting to the WiFi yesterday. I couldn't get a live "Agree" button after giving my e-mail address. Maybe I shouldn't have tried logging in at halftime.

Thanks, S&S!

LOL. I had the same problem. You have to scroll down and check off the box saying you agree to the legal BS. It was so dim it was hard to read. Once checked, the Agree button lights up. Bad programming

By the way, Tune in is one of the most popular radio apps. A free and a paid version. You can turn in thousands of different radio stations around the world.

Archived