Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Improvements (Bruce Allen email dated 7/17/2015)

MarkB452

I think that there are several threads that this question could go in, but I will start here since these are game day improvements.  How was everyone's experience getting in and out of the "new" red lot?  I am in green lot A, and it was no different for us as we left because we take Central Ave. towards DC, not the beltway.  The new pedestrian control measures with the signs on poles and extra attendants made a big, positive difference in my opinion.

-ct

I think that there are several threads that this question could go in, but I will start here since these are game day improvements.  How was everyone's experience getting in and out of the "new" red lot?  I am in green lot A, and it was no different for us as we left because we take Central Ave. towards DC, not the beltway.  The new pedestrian control measures with the signs on poles and extra attendants made a big, positive difference in my opinion.

-ct

The parking guards did an excellent job of keeping traffic moving towards the center two lanes which allowed traffic to leave parking lots much faster. And better control of the pedestrians also helped.

Leaving out of the Redzone lot; I've rarely had an easier time.  Yeah I hang out for post-game a bit with the rest of the ES tailgaters, but even with that I used to have at least some what of a sit behind people at all the red lights heading back out to 95N.  This was straight smooth sailing.  Right out onto 50 and then onto 95 from there.  I don't think I came to a complete stop once until I got to the highway.  It was nice.

Near our section was a vendor selling reubens.  I love me a good reuben.  BUT I'm not paying $15 for a single sandwich.  That's nuts.  I know, NFL stadiums, etc.  Still not paying it.

Leaving out of the Redzone lot; I've rarely had an easier time. Yeah I hang out for post-game a bit with the rest of the ES tailgaters, but even with that I used to have at least some what of a sit behind people at all the red lights heading back out to 95N. This was straight smooth sailing. Right out onto 50 and then onto 95 from there. I don't think I came to a complete stop once until I got to the highway.

That's great to hear. We stayed longer, and had a similiar experience. Left out of the lot, a couple of rights, and onto 50, towards Baltimore. I think it took us only 35-40 minutes to get home.

We had a reuben (they misspelled it "ruben") sandwich station outside our section (208). My wife suggested we buy the reuben for two for $25 until she remembered I don't like reubens. So we just went with plain, disgusting chicken tenders, fries, and a hotdog. I took the gameday experience survey yesterday. I made the comment to them that it was great to hear about all the new food options, but we had absolutely no idea how to find them. Wife heard there were supposed to be crab cakes, but no idea where to find them. I'm sure they're not very good anyway.

In the survey, I suggested we get food locations emailed to us or maybe they could put up food maps in the stadium (you know, like a mall directory). Or, I even suggested that it would be really cool to have a FedEx Field app that you can use to explore the stadium while you're there.

As someone mentioned above, I like the new Stop/Go signs for pedestrians in the parking lot. In years' past, too many pedestrians ignore the attendants and just walk through. The signs seemed to help.

Wifi was good. I just moved from 108 back to 208 this season under cover (last row) and noticed how freaking loud the speakers are. My first seats were in 423 directly under a speaker. I also commented about that in the survey. My wife and I literally couldn't hear each other when music was playing or there was a commercial on the big screen.

Overall, some nice minor improvements.

I hope those who utilized the new Red Zone lot had a good experience, and the pedestrian control measures were a positive change.

I recall the tailgating issue was brought up at the fan forum earlier this year, and RFKFedEx has mentioned the way they guide cars into individual spots at MetLife. When the Redskins build and open the new stadium, I hope they take some cues from up north to make it a more pleasant experience for those who opt not to tailgate.  On Sunday a woman rudely commented "Get here earlier!" because I had the audacity to pull my car into a spot where her and her group had been standing.  For the prices they are charging for parking, it shouldn't be a hassle to park one's car, once you find what should be an open space.

I hope those who utilized the new Red Zone lot had a good experience, and the pedestrian control measures were a positive change.

I recall the tailgating issue was brought up at the fan forum earlier this year, and RFKFedEx has mentioned the way they guide cars into individual spots at MetLife. When the Redskins build and open the new stadium, I hope they take some cues from up north to make it a more pleasant experience for those who opt not to tailgate. On Sunday a woman rudely commented "Get here earlier!" because I had the audacity to pull my car into a spot where her and her group had been standing. For the prices they are charging for parking, it shouldn't be a hassle to park one's car, once you find what should be an open space.

What lot did you park in?

The Red Zone kicked ass.

It was a great experience, all the way around. Night and day difference.

Ingress, and egress, were smooth. Easy in, and easy out. The parking staff at the entrance road were friendly and fun. The parking staff working near our tailgate were also great. Pedestrian control worked very well.

The band was horrible, unless you're into country & western. Thank goodness the bands change each week. The atmosphere was great.

It was wonderful having a dedicated tailgating lot. The huge spaces made a big difference. Plenty of room for grills, tables, chairs, canopies, etc. No one felt squeezed in.

I'm giving the Red Zone, and the staff, a solid "A" If they add an ash can, for charcoal, I'd give it an A+.

The Skins got this one right.

A lot easier to get in and out of the stadium.  We parked in the A lot, and there was barely any traffic (we got there about 10:45).  Leaving we were out of Fedex and on 495 in under 10 minutes (we started heading out with 2 minutes left in the game).

Awesome news!

(Empty seats probably helped...)

Parking signage and crowd control folks with stop/go signs for pedestrians seemed to improve traffic flow.

LOL I suppose they listened to some of us at the meeting :)

More awesome news.

The Red Zone kicked ass.

It was a great experience, all the way around. Night and day difference.

That's bad ass. I'm wondering if I made a huge mistake not moving to that lot... I mean my tailgate crew would never move, they're a bunch of old curmudgeons like that (which is why I fit in with them...)

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the radio broadcast at the game through an app that doesn't have a huge delay, like Sirius? My radio was barely getting the signal yesterday. My old phone had a radio that picked it up. I may have to bring it for the radio.

You can also just call the "ESPN 980" number for the game on your phone. It's (832)999-1980. You will be listening to ESPN 980 just as if you were listening to it on the radio. 

Awesome news!

(Empty seats probably helped...)

LOL I suppose they listened to some of us at the meeting :)

More awesome news.

That's bad ass. I'm wondering if I made a huge mistake not moving to that lot... I mean my tailgate crew would never move, they're a bunch of old curmudgeons like that (which is why I fit in with them...)

Given the teams track record, I was very pleasantly surprised. It's a great place to tailgate.

Given the teams track record, I was very pleasantly surprised. It's a great place to tailgate.

Agreed.  Very happy with my decision to switch there.  Easy in and out and as someone else said the parking attendants were actually friendly and customer-oriented, night and day from the last several seasons.   Parking lots twice as wide is huge, I think the food trucks are a good idea, and the trailer set up with decent bathrooms got two thumbs up from my lady-friend.  I'm not sure the Skins followded up on their pledge to have more port-o-potties set up, though.  We walked over to join some friends in the green lot and the lines were out of control over there, it actually looked like they had less than last season.

League wide draft beer prices for 2015. 

Philly is the highest per ounce.

Cinn is the lowest per ounce.

Redskins tied for 13th on price per ounce.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/what-a-beer-will-cost-you-at-every-nfl-stadium-this-season/ar-AAepSn4?li=BBieTUX&ocid=iehp

I don't drink beer in the stadium, but I might the next time I go to Cinn.

League wide draft beer prices for 2015. 

Philly is the highest per ounce.

Cinn is the lowest per ounce.

Redskins tied for 13th on price per ounce.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/what-a-beer-will-cost-you-at-every-nfl-stadium-this-season/ar-AAepSn4?li=BBieTUX&ocid=iehp

I don't drink beer in the stadium, but I might the next time I go to Cinn.

I believe this is a function of taxes...

I think beer should be expensive as hell.  Maybe cut down on the drunk asshole factor a wee bit.

Now if they could just do something about keeping them from entering the stadium after tailgating that would be great.  They do it at many of the college games I've been to, so it can be done rather easily

I was unable to attend the first two home games, so questions for those that have...

Parking and the Red Zone lot received great reviews after week 1 - you all still happy? I imagine things are better in part because the stadium is empty... i imagine the eagles game will be a full house (even if it's just eagles fans), especially if the redskins win on thursday...

Has anyone tried to use the wifi to stream redzone on the nfl mobile app? Would be nice to use during long breaks/halftime, but I have about as low of expectations for that system as there can be...

I hear the buffet is a joke, but I'm curious how the rest of the food is? 'better' is getting over a rather low bar, but would still be nice...

You can also just call the "ESPN 980" number for the game on your phone. It's (832)999-1980. You will be listening to ESPN 980 just as if you were listening to it on the radio. 

Every app I've tried (ESPN980 app, Tune In, Sirius) has a serious delay ,sometimes several minutes - much more than the direct broadcast via radio. I'll try this on Thursday.

Thanks!

I was unable to attend the first two home games, so questions for those that have...

Parking and the Red Zone lot received great reviews after week 1 - you all still happy? ...

Hell yes!

It's a great lot to tailgate in. Ingress, and egress, was a breeze.

The large spaces are so much nicer, than the standard sized spots. You don't feel cramped. The extra hour is huge. The cooks can actually relax, and socialize more. There's no sense of urgency to break down for the walk into the stadium.

The Fan Captain rep, stopped.by, and was asking fans for suggestions, on what would make the experience better, and what could they do to help make it happen.

The women were raving about the restroom trailer. It was clean and they said that they even had monitors in the stalls that displayed Redskins, and football trivia.

The band, however, Ugh!

Any serious tailgater, who didn't jump on the Red Zone passes when they had the chance, are missing out.

The mens bathroom trailer section was cool too, you get to play games while peeing (like driving a race car with your stream).

Hell yes!

The large spaces are so much nicer, than the standard sized spots. You don't feel cramped. The extra hour is huge. The cooks can actually relax, and socialize more. There's no sense of urgency to break down for the walk into the stadium.

The Fan Captain rep, stopped.by, and was asking fans for suggestions, on what would make the experience better, and what could they do to help make it happen.

The women were raving about the restroom trailer. It was clean and they said that they even had monitors in the stalls that displayed Redskins, and football trivia.

The band, however, Ugh!

Any serious tailgater, who didn't jump on the Red Zone passes when they had the chance, are missing out.

I think beer should be expensive as hell.  Maybe cut down on the drunk asshole factor a wee bit.

Now if they could just do something about keeping them from entering the stadium after tailgating that would be great.  They do it at many of the college games I've been to, so it can be done rather easily

At the ES tailgate we will cut you off and if I see you drunk after the game I take your car keys! We are all sick of dealing with drunk idiots too. We are trying to make sure everyone has a fun time but is responsible too. 

The one time I have had someone kicked out of the stadium was when the drunk idiot peed in a water bottle next to me!  I can handle a lot but that crossed the line. 

Parking and the Red Zone lot received great reviews after week 1 - you all still happy? I imagine things are better in part because the stadium is empty... i imagine the eagles game will be a full house (even if it's just eagles fans), especially if the redskins win on thursday...

Has anyone tried to use the wifi to stream redzone on the nfl mobile app? Would be nice to use during long breaks/halftime, but I have about as low of expectations for that system as there can be...

I hear the buffet is a joke, but I'm curious how the rest of the food is? 'better' is getting over a rather low bar, but would still be nice...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Redzone!  They had me at extra hour of tailgating and those awesome bathrooms! LOL

I do not eat in the stadium as I know there is always food before and after at the tailgate.  Now the tasting we went to the food was awesome!  much better than basic stadium food.

I have heard the App and Wifi is still a struggle in the stadium.  In the parking lots I do not have an issue but I am too busy watching the game to be on an App etc.  The only thing I do respond to is text messages and I do not have an issue there. 

Hell yes!

The band, however, Ugh!

Yeah!  LOVE LOVE LOVE RedZone.  I was worried leaving our old home as well it was Home but after the last few games in RedZone I can not see us any other place.

Has the RedZone sold out or is it still possible to trade other passes for Redzone? 

We have Green-A and have made the trek over (and back with a cooler on wheels).  The orange lot in between is pretty empty, so we don't have to zig zag through the parking lot.

My brother lives in Woodbridge Virginia and my nephew is not convinced that getting in and out of the Redzone is practical.

Can anyone from VA describe their experience so far getting in and out of the Redzone lot and south on I95/RT1?

Has the RedZone sold out or is it still possible to trade other passes for Redzone? 

We have Green-A and have made the trek over (and back with a cooler on wheels).  The orange lot in between is pretty empty, so we don't have to zig zag through the parking lot.

My brother lives in Woodbridge Virginia and my nephew is not convinced that getting in and out of the Redzone is practical.

Can anyone from VA describe their experience so far getting in and out of the Redzone lot and south on I95/RT1?

I go 495N so I would not be much help.  As far as going N it gets you past the Redskins Rd/Arena Dr traffic so it helps you bypass a good bit of the issues.  It has probably saved us 20 mins of traffic.  Try calling the ticket office and see if they will let you move.  Mention ES.  I know it was offered up to the first regular season game but no harm in asking. 

Damn, lots of autographs up on the rewards site.

Trend Williams, Garcon, ... starting to get tempted.

Kerrigan autographed replica jersey is 50k yards...

LOL LOL LOL

I always forget to look!

Archived