Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Preview Mags on store shelves .... So what is your Super Bowl 50 prediction?

CovingtonCommander

In the AFC I'd say in no order the Pats , Steelers , Colts , and Broncos are the top tier.

In the NFC I'd go with the Packers , Seahawks , and Cards as the cream of the crop.

My sleeper team is the Bills.

I'll go with the Colts and Seahawks. I know the Pack are mad they choked but I see no one with a bigger chip on his shoulder as Russell Wilson between the INT and his contract.

Seahawks 21 Colts 17 MVP: Russell Wilson

What's your pick if you had to make a NFL Preview Mag?

@AldersonRedskinsFan: Seahawks in the 3rd straight super bowl? No thanks. I would not wanna see that. They've had too much success lately.

Honestly I'd rather see the Packers vs Colts. I just see Seattle on a mission this season. You could say every team is on a mission to reach the big game but with the addition of Graham I believe Seattle will be hard to beat.

Honestly I'd rather see the Packers vs Colts. I just see Seattle on a mission this season. You could say every team is on a mission to reach the big game but with the addition of Graham I believe Seattle will be hard to beat.

Yeah I agree, Seattles going to be a very good team this season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they make the Super Bowl, but I sure don't want them to.

I don't see any reason to think the Pats won't be back from the AFC. I don't think another year of Peyton is magically going to make him any better in the playoffs in the cold. I don't think the Colts have the necessary talent to compete with the Pats. I think only the Ravens could really knock them out. And we've all seen what the Pats do when they feel slighted.

I think I have the Packers in the NFC. I think Seattle is really, really going to start regressing as different pieces of depth on the defense leave and I think Russell Wilson is a bum who will have a Kaepernick type of regression. He thinks he should be the highest paid players in the league, and he's pushing for that now because he knows that at any given moment he could have a Kaepernick like season and lose all negotiating leverage he has. 

You don't see Luck sweating his deal. He knows he deserves the richest contract in history and he knows he'll get it. And he knows there's zero chance of him playing poorly enough to lose that.

Packers over Patriots is my serious prediction.

Feel better about the Packers as a pick. Don't know what to expect from Broncos and think the Steelers could surprise.

Broncos are overrated.  Peyton will wear down like he did last season.  At best, another first round knockout. 

Broncos are overrated.  Peyton will wear down like he did last season.  At best, another first round knockout. 

The Broncos won 25 games the last two years so they are definitely not "overrated". Manning's struggles late last year could be because of age or it could have been merely the injury he had. None of us know, which is why I said I don't know what to expect from them (that and not knowing how Kubiak will work with his skills).

• 3 weeks later...

If Green Bay has any kinda Run D this year, I got them in the NFC.

As for the AFC, a young team that knows they're good is dangerous.  And Indy fits that bill.  Honestly, their Division is so weak (Texans are a pretender) that they've gotta have an inside track on Home Field Advantage over New England.  

But the Packers are a better team.  So I guess I see them hoisting The Trophy.

People are really, really, really, really underplaying the departure of Revis and Browner. I just can't see the Pats, or anybody else for that matter, hanging with the Colts offensively. If their defense improves just a little, I think they get the one seed and sort of coast to the Super Bowl. The AFC is so weak to me right now...

The power is in the NFC. Green Bay, Seattle, Dallas, Arizona... I am still higher on Carolina than most. I could see any of those five going to the Super Bowl.

But Dallas defense is still suspect to me and how much does Romo really have left in him? Arizona QB situation is a Carson Palmer setback away from being shaky again (Can't believe they didn't address a backup QB this off-season). And Carolina isn't as strong as the top two teams in the NFC...

It all boils down to this in my opinion, Jimmy Graham and Marshawn Lynch staying healthy. If Seattle can keep them two going strong, I don't see how they don't make it to a third straight Super Bowl.

Colts vs Seahawks

Seahawks winning...

People are really, really, really, really underplaying the departure of Revis and Browner. I just can't see the Pats, or anybody else for that matter, hanging with the Colts offensively. If their defense improves just a little, I think they get the one seed and sort of coast to the Super Bowl. The AFC is so weak to me right now...

The power is in the NFC. Green Bay, Seattle, Dallas, Arizona... I am still higher on Carolina than most. I could see any of those five going to the Super Bowl.

But Dallas defense is still suspect to me and how much does romoSUCKS really have left in him? Arizona QB situation is a Carson Palmer setback away from being shaky again (Can't believe they didn't address a backup QB this off-season). And Carolina isn't as strong as the top two teams in the NFC...

It all boils down to this in my opinion, Jimmy Graham and Marshawn Lynch staying healthy. If Seattle can keep them two going strong, I don't see how they don't make it to a third straight Super Bowl.

Colts vs Seahawks

Seahawks winning...

Good post (And those are some interesting nuggets to chew on).  I definitely agree with the Colts pick.  And Carolina is underrated...but my favorite is the Packers.  If they grab Homefield, I don't see Seattle Winning there in late January.

If Green Bay has any kinda Run D this year, I got them in the NFC.

There are a lot of questions to be answered on D. For the Run D, we'll have to see how Raji holds up after missing all of last season and returning to the NT position. We'll have to see how Guion does as a DE since Raji's pushed him out of NT. At ILB, Hawk and Jones are gone; last season we had a preview of how this works with Barrington coming in and Matthews sliding inside, now we'll have to see how Jake Ryan fits into this.

Outside of that, we also have to answer some questions in the secondary. Williams, House, and Bush walked this offseason. Casey Hayward, likely taking the starting spot opposite Shields, while talented, has has been dealing with injury again. Behind him, we still need to see what we have in our 1st two picks this draft in Randall and Rollins. Rollins had a pretty good showing on Thursday, but he wasn't exactly facing a good QB in Garapolo or talented WRs; did really like the physicality he showed when he levelled their RB, though. Randall, on the other hand, suffered a groin injury keeping him out of the preseason game. Bottom line is, if one of our starting CBs drops, I'm not yet sure exactly how well the secondary will hold up. The rookies may be just fine, but it's too soon to tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived