Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast SportNet: Giants lineman Jason Pierre-Paul injures hand in fireworks accident

GoSkins0721

Saw the first posts a few minutes ago in the ES "Haszard County...Boss Hog!" Twitter thread & thought I'd start this here:

"New York Giants defensive lineman Jason Pierre-Paul has injured his hand during a fireworks accident on July 4, according to a report from Andy Slater of WINZ

TMZ Sports cites sources "familiar with the situation" in saying Pierre-Paul "suffered bad injuries to some of his fingers and his thumb" during the reported incident. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole confirmed the report, saying though that the extent of the injury is unknown."

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/jason-pierre-paul-fireworks-injury-accident-report-giants-lineman-hand

Yeah. Really doesn't sound good for him. 

Hasn't signed his 14.8m tender and is out of contract as well. Even though this is as idiotic as it gets, you've gotta feel bad for the man. 

Trying to get all the details on Jason Pierre-Paul's injury but if what I'm hearing so far is completely true, it's a career ender.

Some Giants fans I know are pissed off.

Apparently they think JPP has been a slouch all along?

I beg to differ after watching him wreck our putrid line twice last year,

In all fairness our line isn't the best gauge to his play...

I do think he is a great defensive player...just pointing using our line as an example....not the best way to prove it

I have taught my kids since they were old enough to understand the words coming out of my mouth the dangers of matches, fire, and fireworks.  I can only feel so bad for a guy that brought this on himself.  Idiot move, to say the least.  Now, it turns out he's not the only NFL player that did this to himself this weekend.  I heard on Sirius NFL earlier that a Bucs player got injured on the Fourth by lighting off fireworks.  These guys make millions of dollars using their bodies.  Too bad they aren't smart enough to take care of them in common sense sort of ways.

Stupid ****ing Adam Schefter leaking X-rays of JPP and saying he lost a finger due to amputation. Dude, you have morals to uphold.

Reddit is RIGHTFULLY pissed off. And I know I harp on SJW and I'm tired of SJW and Redditors on soapbox standing up for morals. But this is a clear case of media DISREGARD for privacy. JPP should be pissed. I'm pissed. Reddit and /r/nfl[1] are pissed. Adam Schefter deserves to be ****ing EVISCERATED for leaking private information. Absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

I'm a media guy and I listen a lot to media podcasts and they had Schefter on the SI Media Podcast and he was defending ESPN and saying they're the best media organization and all this ****. Shut the **** up. You did this for attention. You did this to break news and be out there. That's the way it is in this industry. You break that news and you're the "guy", whether you obtained that information legally or not. More honored and veteran reporters, reporters with morals, they'd have held off on that story if they were told that information. No, not Schef. DO IT FOR YOUR EGO BOY

**** as you can tell I am absolutely IRATE. I'm going to calm myself down and get a beer. Good day.

These guys have no sense of self preservation. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but it kills me that the amount of money at stake can't keep somebody from being that reckless. Even forgetting about the physical peril involved. And I'm just talking about high risk activities, not suggesting they shouldn't have any fun or anything.

Stupid ****ing Adam Schefter leaking X-rays of JPP and saying he lost a finger due to amputation.

I am not one to twitter rant, but I surely did last night right back at Schefty. Journalism's line is not "it was legal for us to do this". It was completely unprofessional and unethical for him to post what he had been given.

ESPN's stance so far has been equally deplorable, and I was disappointed at how M&M this morning glossed over this part of the JPP story while talking to Adam this morning. It's not kosher to rip DeAndre Jordan's character for an hour, and then go completely mum on a major infraction (worthy of character assassination also) by one of their one.

Archived