Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast SportNet: Giants lineman Jason Pierre-Paul injures hand in fireworks accident

GoSkins0721

• 2 months later...

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-details-about-jason-pierre-pauls-hand-2015-9

Looks like he is missing part of his right thumb as well.  Poor guy, this may be a career ender.  At the least, he will never be the same player again.

Bet he feels really stupid/embarassed/regretful for playing with fireworks.  Poor guy.

I am dumbfounded at how a person who makes a living literally with their hands would ever handle explosives.  That does not preclude me from feeling bad for him.  Stupid? Maybe.  Does his stupidity mean he should lose his career? Well, it may end up that way but I'm not going to laugh at him for his dumb mistake.

Damn...

Looks to me like a third of his thumb is gone, hard to tell with the bandage.  Who knows about the middle finger.

How is he going to push offensive linemen around?  You need something for leverage and pressure, three fingers isn't going to do it, neither is a thumb.  The index finger is so critical.

I happen to be wearing a splint on my middle finger right now, coincidentally.  Sprained it playing basketball on 8/16.  A month later it is still swollen and I can't really use it.  Had to take a few days off of work.  I know how much it has impacted my life.

Don't play with fireworks, people.  I'd be interested to know what exactly happened...although I guess it is pretty obvious.  FIrework blew up in his hands.

Archived