Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shooting At A Charleston SC Church (and now the Confederate Flag Tangent--MET)

samy316

Honestly, I have a modicum of more respect for him for this move. He could have used this to make himself look good, but he didn't. Another politician is not what is needed right now, nor in the near future.

Agree. Now isn't the time for a candidate to come in and beat his/her chest and make this a platform.

Insane how this shooting happened over 10 hours ago, and dude is still out there on the streets. SMH.

But yea...good reason to not have the city on lockdown.

2 murderers escaped from a maximum security prison 2 weeks ago..and still not found...so 10 hours is not hard to believe if he had a well thought out plan

Stop prescribing everyone anti depressants would be a start.

I largely agree, but ya are gonna need to lock up a bunch

Possible insight into mind of shooter.

odd he would target a church and sit thru a service if that was the reason, along with the killing of mostly females.

of course most of their minds are a bit scrambled.

how is there not wall to wall coverage right now?

MSNBC has Trump on, Fox talking about a NYTimes piece on the SEALS

MSNBC actually did a really good job last night, and this is coming from a conservative. When I first saw this last night, I was scurrying for information because I know a lot of people in Charleston and I love that city. I usually lean on CNN for breaking news, but they would talk about Charleston for a minute, and then Brian Williams for 10 minutes. Fox did a decent job, but went away from coverage pretty quickly. MSNBC stayed with the story at least until I fell asleep (which was probably around 2), and they had good coverage, actually gathering information from various reporters on the scene, and not just cutting in for the press conference and then moving on to something else. 

It annoys me how cable news channels (all of them) hammer the smallest little unimportant things all day and evening long, but then they act like news does not happen late at night and on the weekends. 

Anyways, this story is just awful. I don't even know what to say. Just a terrible human being with a disgusting, deplorable act. 

MSNBC actually did a really good job last night, and this is coming from a conservative. When I first saw this last night, I was scurrying for information because I know a lot of people in Charleston and I love that city. I usually lean on CNN for breaking news, but they would talk about Charleston for a minute, and then Brian Williams for 10 minutes. Fox did a decent job, but went away from coverage pretty quickly. MSNBC stayed with the story at least until I fell asleep (which was probably around 2), and they had good coverage, actually gathering information from various reporters on the scene, and not just cutting in for the press conference and then moving on to something else. 

It annoys me how cable news channels (all of them) hammer the smallest little unimportant things all day and evening long, but then they act like news does not happen late at night and on the weekends. 

Anyways, this story is just awful. I don't even know what to say. Just a terrible human being with a disgusting, deplorable act. 

I went to college in Orangeburg so I spent a ton of time in Charleston because there's nothing to do in Orangeburg lol

I have quite a few friends still in Charleston who are feeling pain I can only imagine right now.

I went to college in Orangeburg so I spent a ton of time in Charleston because there's nothing to do in Orangeburg lol

I have quite a few friends still in Charleston who are feeling pain I can only imagine right now.

Haha...yeah, not much going on in Orangeburg. 

I used to work a lot in Charleston and still have a lot of friends down there. A friend of mine just moved from there recently and was a Charleston police officer. He really wishes he was still down there to help.

It's crazy. That is such a great city with so many warm, friendly people. It's just the last place I would imagine something like this happening, but terrible things can happen anywhere.   

No sorry, thought they caught him. FBI just confirmed it's him. Sorry about about that

You should work for CNN.

The Apartheid-era flags are notable.

Is that definitely what's on his jacket in his profile pic?

Archived