Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Non-Winter Weather Thread

d0ublestr0ker0ll

4 hours ago, scruffylookin said:

Oh and that food looks damn good. Good ideas for the next trip to Wegmans. So that picture wasn't a complete waste of time.

Don't forget to pick up the $15 dollar kimchi that's made by some white folks. 

If you put the words probiotic and vegan on there, it makes it better and more expensive. 

:)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Don't believe anyone who says Irma was puffed-up by the media, this is going to be a costly disaster.

We'd love some media coverage. Marines and martial law. Pirating supply boats. 2 cruise ships are here today to evacuate people.

I can not explain how bad the Carribean is and it's almost all people on my island providing support. We need a lot of help. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

We'd love some media coverage. Marines and martial law. Pirating supply boats. 2 cruise ships are here today to evacuate people.

I can not explain how bad the Carribean is and it's almost all people on my island providing support. We need a lot of help. 

A co-workers elderly parents who were on St John haven't been heard of.  Very worrying.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Sad 1

Front page of the WaPo online headline reads: Irma leaves millions in the dark in Florida. The photo took five seconds to load so it was just a black box and I began to think THAT was the photo of the darkness. A bit disappointed when the photo finally loaded.

Edited by Elessar78

Florida definitely got off better than expected, in retrospect.  This was one of the longest-standing Cat 5 tropical cyclones ever recorded.  Cuba DID end up ****ing it up, so it seems.  Haven't looked in to the deets of it.  Nonetheless, Irma was in a nose-dive strength-wise right before she went over Key West.

Still sucks, but thank your ****ing lucky stars, FL.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Please read this. This is American soil that is forgotten about. This is what's happening. Nobody is paying attention to it. Please, we need help.

http://people.com/human-interest/hurricane-irma-survivor-st-john-conditions/

We were in our room and the woman in the room next door came to tell us that guests were seeing daylight between the top of the concrete walls and the wooden roof,” Steele tells PEOPLE. “No sooner had the words left her mouth when the roof blew off. All I had time to see was light out of the corner of my eye. It was the loudest, most terrifying noise I’ve ever heard. Wind and water were immediately swirling around the room. I grabbed my 2-year-old and my husband grabbed my 4-year-old. We ran into the neighbor’s room which still had a roof and we threw the mattress and box springs against the wall. My husband threw the armoire on top of that, and we huddled underneath for the next two hours. 

“The wind was deafening and water was filling up the room.  There was a satellite dish hanging by its cord on the roof. The wind was picking it up and slamming it into the roof every few seconds. My husband looked out from under the mattress and saw that the roof was separating from the building and the ceiling fan was bouncing up and down. He ran out into the storm (during the eye wall) to find us a safer place before we lost the roof. He was able to get into a room in another building that was on a lower level with a concrete roof. It was being used for storage. We grabbed the kids and made a run for it, running around the building we were in, up and down flights of stairs in the rain to get to the safe room. My husband is officially my hero.””

12 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Thanks. They've been rescued by a swat team. Safe, but shaken.

Cool. Yeah, marines are finally getting there.

Please read the story I just posted. 

There is no way for me to make people understand how ****ed thing are right now in the leewards. An entire island is gone. Uninhabitable. Think about that. Families have lived there since the slave trade. St marten has the Dutch military shooting people on site after curfew. People are pirating supply boats off American islands.

The brits royals have established a base head on our island because there's is so far gone.

All we were told is that it's going north, until the day it started hitting. Thank ****ing god it barely bounced north a few hours before hitting SrT Croix or nobody could do anything.

I know nobody cares about the territories and everyone's comfortable with old racist laws against us, but this is a part of America and it's mostly under marshall law, getting no help from the states and no recognition from the weather channel as being america.

As irma hit us, the weather channel was still running stuff talking about if it would hit America. There's idiots talking about fixing Houston and Florida before helping other countries like Puerto Rico. Granted, Americans are pretty dumb and selfish.

Or pathetic excuse for a potus is coming here, so maybe at least people will acknowledge us. Doubtful after melinas shoes though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Jose has been doing a dance in the Atlantic for a few days now, turning round and round...doesn't know which direction it wants to go.  It'll stay a hurricane between Bermuda and the Bahamas for the next couple days, they might be catching some outer rain bands.  Bermuda might have it overhead as a tropical storm/depression early next week.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I know nobody cares about the territories and everyone's comfortable with old racist laws against us, but this is a part of America and it's mostly under marshall law, getting no help from the states and no recognition from the weather channel as being america.

I'm not even sure what some of this means.

Yeah, you're right, a helluva lot of people couldn't find the VI on a map and have no idea of the history, etc., but damn, nobody cares/comfortable w/ old racist laws? Wtf? Take a breath man..........

Help IS on the way but there are a LOT of people in need right now and a lot of hands out, it cannot be that great a surprise that things are kinda trickling in.

IMO even if there was unlimited $$$ available the actual transport of material goods would take considerable time, right? I know that thought is no comfort, and I always feel like if the news says it's bad, the reality is something worse so I sympathize believe me.

Getting word from friends in the Hollywood/Boca area and it's a mess. 10-15% of housing/retail is severely damaged, of those that held together very few will have electricity before this weekend, next to zero gas stations open, temps in the 90s all week and that's an area that got it pretty easy compared to a lot of the state.

• Like 1

Well, the home Internet died along with everyone else's in the neighborhoood. There's literally one McDonalds open, and I'd say several thousand people have come through to worship in its presence just today (they just ran out of Big Macs).

Lot of trees still on power lines.

Eastern Orlando is basically back in the 50s judging from the darkness around the GreeneWay.

I'm in Trinity, Florida which is about 22 miles northeast of Tampa. We were really lucky, we have power and very little damage in our immediate neighborhood but in several areas around us there are power outages and serious damage, it's almost as if the storm missed my neighborhood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Please read this. This is American soil that is forgotten about. This is what's happening. Nobody is paying attention to it. Please, we need help.

I've been wondering why the **** I haven't heard a peep about STX, and I've mentioned it to people who are on Twitter...hope that helps somewhat. 

• Thanks 1