Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/30/us/minneapolis-business-support-protest-riot-gandhi-mahal-trnd/index.html

In the midst of the protests and violence in Minneapolis stood a popular local restaurant: the Gandhi Mahal.

Ruhel Islam, the business owner who immigrated from Bangladesh 24 years ago to escape state violence, started his business nearly 13 years ago. It burned to the ground during the unrest Thursday night.

When he found out, Islam said he only had one response: "Let my building burn. Justice needs to be served and those officers need to be put in jail."

His daughter, Hafsa Islam, said her family went from their normal routine of making curry to transforming their restaurant into a safe haven for injured protesters who needed first aid.

"We were worried about business, of course, but we were more worried about the protesters," she said. "All of Tuesday and Wednesday we took in hundreds of injured people. By Thursday night, it felt too dangerous to be there."

I really don't have words....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We gonna see someone with plate armour and a mace next? What the hell, man

I think we’ll get animal skins and wooden shields once the hipsters finally show up to the party.  Those bearded weirdos are going to march in snarling about Valhalla.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I swear we are on some conjunction of the spheres **** 

Reveal hidden contents

I live 2 blocks from Lenox Mall. I can't see anything though and clearly I am not going there. I did see the barricades when i went to the grocery store earlier. We had a Public Safety Curfew placed on the city of Atlanta from 9Pm until sunrise. 

This is like the DC Riots of the 1960s. And the presidents response is to incite more violence. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

That statement rings so hollow coming from an organization that blackballed Colin Kaepernick. 

It’ll be a cold day in hell before I get Sunday Ticket again. 

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Too bad they didn’t burn it instead. 

Hopefully when all this is over people understand that saying police is equivalent to saying fascist goon squad. They have more than enough power and armaments to brutalize people. However we can have the last laugh by demanding that police unions be gutted after this.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Most of what I'm seeing, based on posts here and twitter stuff, is police spraying tear gas and firing rubber bullets.  This is going to hit another level if protesters start arming themselves and firing back.

I've never been tear gassed so maybe it is just that debilitating, but it seems like in most cases, the police are outnumbered at least 10-1.  I'm shocked the crowds haven't rushed them after one of these escalations.

Edited by Forehead
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Hopefully when all this is over people understand that saying police is equivalent to saying fascist goon squad. They have more than enough power and armaments to brutalize people. However we can have the last laugh by demanding that police unions be gutted after this.

Little over that top here.

1 minute ago, Forehead said:

Most of what I'm seeing, based on posts here and twitter stuff, is police spraying tear gas and firing rubber bullets.  This is going to hit another level is protesters start arming themselves and firing back.

I've never been tear gassed so maybe it is just that debilitating, but it seems like in most cases, the police are outnumbers at least 10-1.  I'm shocked the crowds haven't rushed them after one of these escalations.

It's not good if police lose tonight and military has to take over.

Trump had all day to try to convince folks to obey the curfews. He wants this fight.

Live to fight another, you can't rush the White House.

There are no peaceful rallies late today after what happened last night.  Both sides are doing this finger pointing and they aren’t fooling anyone.  Everyone is expecting things to turn violent at sundown, there’s no mystery here.  If you’re still out there and not expecting violence, I’m sorry but you’ve shown up at the wrong party.  

Last night the cops seemed to initially pull back everywhere and the destruction got out of hand.  Today the curfews are earlier and cops are asserting themselves early.  it’s not because they are instigating, they’re adjusting their tactics.  This won’t stop them from pretending protesters forced their hand.  

5 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I've never been tear gassed so maybe it is just that debilitating, but it seems like in most cases, the police are outnumbers at least 10-1.  I'm shocked the crowds haven't rushed them after one of these escalations.

Surprised more protesters haven’t figured out that swim goggles are a quite effective defense to tear gas.  Or so I’ve been told.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

It's not good if police lose tonight and military has to take over.

I know being called into New Orleans we had birds coming back with bullet holes.  And there was no thought of us shooting back.  I doubt this admin will order the same type of response.

• Like 2