Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

22 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Sigh, sportstalk is dying. Podcasts will win in the end. OnDemand 1-2 hour daily shows from the guys you like

The problem with podcasts is they are infrequent. I need 9 hours daily. It doesn't have to be all great stuff, just something to get me through my day. Keim, JP, Hogs Haven, Russel etc. That's not even a day. Sheehan at least does two shows a day so I have options. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

The problem with podcasts is they are infrequent. I need 9 hours daily. It doesn't have to be all great stuff, just something to get me through my day. Keim, JP, Hogs Haven, Russel etc. That's not even a day. Sheehan at least does two shows a day so I have options. 

You find a handful to rotate through. Some do have daily podcasts, like Czabe. If you listen to 980 all day, you get the same topics in usually the same order. They don't work very hard to mix it up throughout the day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

You find a handful to rotate through. Some do have daily podcasts, like Czabe. If you listen to 980 all day, you get the same topics in usually the same order. They don't work very hard to mix it up throughout the day.

So true. So so true. Occasionally I'll turn to a book or npr or something else. The only guarantee is Galdi 

14 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

So true. So so true. Occasionally I'll turn to a book or npr or something else. The only guarantee is Galdi 

I mix it up depending on what I'm working on. If I need to focus, it's music. With COVID and working from home. I set up a turn-table and play records. For Podcasts, its not all sports. But SVP is great. Then Stuff You Should Know. Maybe to youtube and find entire live concerts to play. Lots of stuff.

18 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Are there still people who listen to sports radio all day long? I listen when I'm out for a run and maybe for a few minutes in the car. Otherwise I'm either listening to music or doing other things. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Are there still people who listen to sports radio all day long? I listen when I'm out for a run and maybe for a few minutes in the car. Otherwise I'm either listening to music or doing other things. 

You can listen to sports radio on a run? I can't listen to music all day - not enough songs. I'll listen to a wikipedia article, a book, a manual, but I have to go out and find those things. I can just turn on the radio and have something just as background noise. Its mainly to drown out my officemates who are talking about random things in their lives, or problems with their work or sometimes things like why they don't like person X (maybe me) and I just don't want to hear that. Its distracting. Occasionally I'll put some music on though to get through a difficult stretch (like a long day)

• Like 1

I have to say though, I do find it kind of comical how Chad Dukes would **** and moan about cancel culture all the time, and now because of his racist remarks, he has been canceled.

The way he says those things too, it almost seems like you can kind of tell that he knows it is not a good idea to say it, but he says it anyways because it will make him look and sound cool to his base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I have to say though, I do find it kind of comical how Chad Dukes would **** and moan about cancel culture all the time, and now because of his racist remarks, he has been canceled.

The way he says those things too, it almost seems like you can kind of tell that he knows it is not a good idea to say it, but he says it anyways because it will make him look and sound cool to his base.

I don't know...they seem to roll right off the tongue. 

• Like 4